PDA

View Full Version : Concerning visability distance

LeadSpitter_
07-23-2005, 03:32 PM
For the next patch Oleg would it be possible to impliment two higher visability options,

Very High 3500m visability distance of ground objects

Highest 5000m visability distance of ground objects.

For me personally on high visability having 1200-1500m draw distance in gunsiteview and even closer in wide view is not acceptable for a flightsim.

Perhaps you can add in these options and optimized the game a bit, giving us options to limit or remove palm trees and trees in cities or simply replace them with lower poly ones which would look just as good with 12 polys.

Or maybe options of very low poly trees which look excellent like in fs2004 which are 9 polygons

two intersecting alpha cut triangles X with a third horizontal triangle in the middle

similiar to these,

http://www.fsplanet.com/images4/treehattan2.jpg

Tater-SW-
07-23-2005, 05:47 PM
How about making smoke visible as far away as shadows are?

tater

Tachyon1000
07-23-2005, 06:02 PM
Are you kidding?? I am very surprised at how easy it is to see ground targets from altitude if you know where to look. They stick out like a sore thumb now and look like silly dots where one can see no other ground details.

Just the other day, I am up there looking down from way up and I see these row of dots on the ground, and I'm like, "what the heck are those?". I zoom down and I see line of trucks, etc. Don't remember being able to see things like that before. Might not see it in gunsight, but in wideview they seem very visible to me.

LEXX_Luthor
07-23-2005, 07:54 PM
Probably depends on monitor resolution.

I can't see anything after looking at the Ammo SiG. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Tater-SW-
07-23-2005, 09:16 PM
Sad that I can see a truck totally covered in palm trees from farther away than a plane most times.

Smoke/ships need to be visible from very far away, however. As far as I'm concerned the limiting distance ofr visibility of smoke should be curvature of the earth, lol. I routinely see fires 10-20 miles from my house, and have seen forest fires from well over 100 miles.

tater

LeadSpitter_
07-24-2005, 03:22 AM
Thats another thing, I dont think these new clouds would be that bad if the shadows were removed. I still do not like them and rather have the 3.04 clouds with a further visability distace as well as scattered more at various altitudes instead of one flat plain of them, also with the new clouds how an aircraft dot that is clear and matches sky color perfectly and will show up as a clr dot over the simpsons looking clouds.

But we have no option of doing that, Tachyon1000 im not sure what you consider high alt, 1500m to me is low alt, high alt to me is 5000-10000m.

I dont think its my monitor which has .21 dot pitch, i think most crt monitors have .21 pitch or the cheaper ones having .25 pitch so maybe the .25 pitch has an advantage, i dont think it would.