PDA

View Full Version : Fixed camera angle HELL!!

Meleth1977
04-08-2011, 09:12 AM
Blast those damn fixed angle cameras to hell! I'm trying to ONE single simple jump and the effing camera makes it almost impossible! Ezio jumps off in the wrong direction, falls down and then I'm desyncronised as the target is lost.

How hard can it be to make fixed camera angles to be an option in the game!? I want to be able to TURN IT OFF!

Meleth1977
04-08-2011, 09:24 AM
Argh! And there's another bloody one! Why Ubisoft!? Why?!

AJ_Rimmer_Bsc
04-08-2011, 12:11 PM
this has been discussed time and time again...

so once again the reason.....

a dev doesnt get paid what he thinks he/she is worth,so being a pedantic sadistic git he/she adds this feature to each release knowing full well everyone hates it and it stresses everyone out to the extreme.

your only resolve is karmic hate energy.
think boils on the testicles and armpits and aim the hate energy toward the dev who does this to us.
may his scrotum suffer the itch of hades when hes sat in a fancy dinner or at the in laws for xmas.
may the toilet seat slam down whenever he takes a wazz,and lice with teeth the size of daggers infest his bush.

now...doesnt that even it up for all those desynchs and lost health ? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

un_synapse
04-08-2011, 01:39 PM
I was getting ready to make a post about this as well. It literally makes some segments 100x harder then they should be. Not to mention all the situations where I have run into them there is some sort of time limit in place. Either you have to get to a switch to shut something off or your running after someone where a fall causes a desync.

The only saving grace is there are none like this on the road to the end of the game. I only ran into them on additional areas (Templar lairs and what not). I actually aborted one of them in AC:B (the aqueducts one) because after about 20 tries I got sick of dieing.

I think the problem is magnified on PC with KB&M. Because you can only move in 8 directions and can not really smoothly transition between them it makes odd angle jumps damned hard.

Six_Gun
04-08-2011, 01:53 PM
If you're referring to the last Romulus lair in Vatican City where you have to jump to and from a suspended platform and you're using a KB, try pressing the W key simultaneously with A or D and it will make Ezio move at a 45 degree angle. It got me through that part and I got 100% sync.

Meleth1977
04-08-2011, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Six_Gun:
If you're referring to the last Romulus lair in Vatican City where you have to jump to and from a suspended platform and you're using a KB, try pressing the W key simultaneously with A or D and it will make Ezio move at a 45 degree angle. It got me through that part and I got 100% sync.

How did you know...

That's exactly the one I was struggling with. On a whim I tried what you suggested, thinking the dev couldn't be that stupid...but it worked and I got through it with a few more curses.

AJ Rimmer (love the name), thanks for the karma advice, will pratice that plenty.

johnsmith145
04-21-2011, 03:45 AM
I have also had all of these problems. I play on a laptop with an external keyboard and screen and after a while I noticed that my High Profile + W + D combination was not working.
If this also happens to you you can probably just play that section with the built-in laptop keyboard, since that works for me. Or you can bind the WASD to TFGH or something, that is what I am doing now and it works smooth.