PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft reference data

Hazzea
12-02-2004, 03:25 PM
Where can I find aircraft reference data as final approach speed etc. for the new aircrafts in AEP and PF? In the manual of FB there are descriptions of the aircrafts included in that version, but I can't find any files that describes the new planes? Someone who knows? (Not so fun to stall before touchdown...)

Hazzea
12-02-2004, 03:25 PM
Where can I find aircraft reference data as final approach speed etc. for the new aircrafts in AEP and PF? In the manual of FB there are descriptions of the aircrafts included in that version, but I can't find any files that describes the new planes? Someone who knows? (Not so fun to stall before touchdown...)

Von_Zero
12-02-2004, 03:40 PM
Hmmm, it would be usefull indeed, but unless anyone comes up with a link, it would be either guessing, either you have to experiment, with diferent planes.
While i can't help much with carrier landings, i can tell u that the vast majority of the planes can be landed at around 180 km/h with landing flaps. Usualy it is better to come at around 200-220 km/h and let the airspeed drop until you "feel" the aircraft can't go lower (it might sound hard, but i don't think it is SO hard), with a little practice, you won't have any trouble in getting the grip of the plane and the way it is acting on the landing path. Another trick is to come down on a small angle, don't try landing from a loop, it is stupid, just take your tim and get lined up, let the airspeed drop and keep it only as hi as it need for the plane to stay up.
Don't worry, if you can land a 109 or a 190, without trouble, there is no other airplane to be afraid of.

Korbelz
12-02-2004, 03:51 PM
I asked this same this a few weeks ago..doesn't seem to be anything out there. i used to use the 180 on final...till PF when i couldn't get the corsair tailhook down at 180(its still flyable at point) and try landing a zero on a carrier at 180 the plane will just laugh at you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

this weekend i have a feeling i'm going to be doing some work the carrier aircraft...see if i can come up with a simple card..that has best landing speed, gear limit speed, flap limit speeds and maybe some quick CEM guidelines for each.

if anyone has already done this i would love a link

xTHRUDx
12-02-2004, 05:28 PM
the V speeds of all the AC would be awesome to have.

Blottogg
12-02-2004, 07:55 PM
Hazzea, the 310th put together a good collection of instrument panel guides, which include some basic numbers like takeoff and landing speeds. Here's the link:

http://www.310thvfs.com/AC_Panels.php

Hazzea
12-03-2004, 01:38 AM
Thanks for the advice and the replies!
That panel page also gave me some explanations about why the manual mixture control don't work in so many planes inspite the fact that the mixture-handle is placed in the cockpit. Simply because these planes have automatic mixture control! Thanks guys!

Bearcat99
12-03-2004, 04:40 AM
Hit the Essentials link in my sig...... There should be something in there that can help you.