PDA

View Full Version : no manual

malron5
06-14-2006, 12:20 AM
I am new to il2 sturmovik and downloaded the game from a server called bigpond gamenow and of course I have no manual, my problem is when I have completed the first mission and parked my plane next to the other planes and turned the engine off and waiting for the game to continue to the next phase or mission nothing happens, I could just sit there for hours if I wanted too and the game will not progress from there, I have looked at the ingame controls and even resorted to pressing every key on the keyboard but nothing helps, I know this is probally a very basic question but it highlights the inadaquecies of downloading the game from a site even an approved site, please help me

malron5
06-14-2006, 12:20 AM
I am new to il2 sturmovik and downloaded the game from a server called bigpond gamenow and of course I have no manual, my problem is when I have completed the first mission and parked my plane next to the other planes and turned the engine off and waiting for the game to continue to the next phase or mission nothing happens, I could just sit there for hours if I wanted too and the game will not progress from there, I have looked at the ingame controls and even resorted to pressing every key on the keyboard but nothing helps, I know this is probally a very basic question but it highlights the inadaquecies of downloading the game from a site even an approved site, please help me

fly_zo
06-14-2006, 12:51 AM
You need to complete mission tasks like defend that or fly over reccon point or destroy...
Be sure to fly over all waypoints. You must get "mission successful" message on your screen.

I'm not sure if there is option " no instant succes" in difficulty menu in orig. IL2 but if it is there you should uncheck it.

hope it helps

96th_Nightshifter
06-14-2006, 02:44 AM
I think all you have to do is press the "escape" key on your keyboard and end the mission - making sure of course that you have done all the things that "fly_zo" mentioned above during the mission and then you should be able to move onto the next mission.
Note the game never just ends - it leaves it up to you when to end the mission even if all targets were acheived so just try pressing escape as mentioned above and see if that does the trick.

WWMaxGunz
06-14-2006, 03:09 AM
Download ALL Bigpond games for just $19.95/mo for members.

Including IL2. I wonder if UBI knows about this?
If so, Bigpond should make the manual available and maybe easier to read as well.

Troll2k
06-16-2006, 07:39 AM
If thee d/l is similair to the cd maybe there is a manual in pdf format in the root directory.

JamesBlonde888
06-21-2006, 09:08 PM
There is also a button labeled "No instant success" in the difficulty screen. Try fiddling with that at first if you like to cheat.

Harh
06-26-2006, 12:05 AM
Of course, as it is said you should push Escape and then "End Mission" or "Exit Mission" or whatever is there http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

By the way, really, interesting question appeared: why there is no button like "Your mission goals are completed, press NN key to end mission" when landing on the field or even in the air if difficulty settings allow? This "Esc->End Mission" is really... hmm... proxy or too primitive I'd say. As for the rest of the topic it really belongs to General Discussion http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif , but as about this... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Flying_Nutcase
06-26-2006, 07:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Harh:
By the way, really, interesting question appeared: why there is no button like "Your mission goals are completed, press NN key to end mission" when landing on the field or even in the air if difficulty settings allow? This "Esc-&gt;End Mission" is really... hmm... proxy or too primitive I'd say. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

An interesting question, but the current method of exiting is surely best. Some people like to exit a mission after the 'bang-bang' part is over (i.e. they don't want to fly home), others want to see the mission through to the end.

We currently get the 'Mission Complete'. Isn't that adequate? You seem to be suggesting that the mission automatically stop when completed, but that would mean either stopping the mission after the 'bang-bang' objectives are completed OR after landing. That would cause frustration for players and annoying design decisions for mission builders.

Of course I may have misinterpreted your point. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

S!

Cold Meat Platter
06-26-2006, 11:21 AM
Sometimes I miss the "mission complete" message in the excitement of pixellated battle so in an ideal world I'd like it to maybe tell me (perhaps when I press escape) if the mission goals have been completed or not. Currently the only way to find out is by quitting the mission, as you are then able to "apply".
I think the reason it confuses some new players is that the phrase "quit mission" has negative connotations - i would expect this button to abandon the mission unfinished rather than simply end it. After all, noone likes a quitter :-)
Its no big deal though, just one of the quirks of the sim and i don't suppose there was an escape key in real warbirds.

Chuck_Older
06-27-2006, 09:57 AM
You can press "apply" if the mission goals are not met. This is a diffculty issue, not a mission goal issue. You've chosen to force every mission to be successful in your difficulty options. I will hazard to guess that you fly 'full switch'

Many people think "full switch"= "full real". Since I never heard of a pilot that could fail a mission and then hit "refly", I think "Full switch"=less than real, personally