PDA

View Full Version : G19 keyboard

Trinity_Jay
05-21-2009, 07:09 AM
Just got this amazing piece of kit this week to review. At 150, it's one of the most expensive keyboards, but after a week's use, I am less than impressed. The small LCD that is incorporated into the keyboard would appear to be the main reason of the high cost. Has anyone else used one? I'd suggest buying a second monitor and getting a cheaper programmable keyboard such as the G15.

Thoughts?

Trinity_Jay
05-21-2009, 07:09 AM
Just got this amazing piece of kit this week to review. At 150, it's one of the most expensive keyboards, but after a week's use, I am less than impressed. The small LCD that is incorporated into the keyboard would appear to be the main reason of the high cost. Has anyone else used one? I'd suggest buying a second monitor and getting a cheaper programmable keyboard such as the G15.

Thoughts?

Choctaw111
05-21-2009, 07:23 AM
I was reading about the G19 a couple months ago, and I think you are finding out what I had already thought. Is a little tiny LCD worth all that extra money?
I am very content with my G15, and even if this one ceases to function, I will more than likely replace it with another G15.
What is the real purpose for having a tiny little LCD screen anyway?
I dislike seeing people spend money and then feel sorry they did afterward. I believe there was a thread about "buyers remorse" a few weeks ago. Perhaps you could put this story in there and warn others about this purchase.

na85
05-21-2009, 10:20 AM
That's too bad that the G19 is no good. I'm pretty happy with my G15.

Phas3e
05-21-2009, 01:04 PM
I brought a G11 all the keys but no little LCD that I wont use anyway.

Waldo.Pepper
05-21-2009, 01:21 PM
I have a G15 also. I like it very much but my biggest beef with it is that I cannot use a kvm switch with it. (I can but I need to buy a REALLY expensive one) Too bad.

M_Gunz
05-21-2009, 02:28 PM
I have a $10 GE keyboard I picked up at Target and it works fine almost 2 years now.