PDA

View Full Version : Social Stealth in Revelations

tjbyrum1
11-07-2011, 04:38 PM
For those who don't know, social stealth is basically what AC1 was built on. You sneak up to your target, assassinate him and as Darby put it "Get the hell outta there".

He also mentioned that after the assassination "whatever happens after that is... you know..."

Him and the interviewer fellow was discussing Social Stealth while Darby was showing the 40 minute gameplay of Revelations which you can find threads and links to in the Hints and Tips forums.

I reckon this pretty much means that our boss targets will revolve around Social Stealth - as in sneaking in and taking him and getting the hell out.

Good news? I would think so.

LightRey
11-08-2011, 02:48 AM
Sounds like fun. I always like taking targets out that way.

Sarari
11-08-2011, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
^Same. It always makes me feel sketchy and assassiny when I run away. It gives that intense and epic feeling lol. That's what I did with the Borgia Captains.

And yes, I think it's excellent news. I remember also in the interview, he said they added the new hookblade feature where you can swing across your enemy if you're trying to get away. I'm going to use that a lot. Mostly because it looks like the first move he did in the trailer where he stuck the blade in his chest and rolled over him XD

LightRey
11-08-2011, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by Sarari:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
^Same. It always makes me feel sketchy and assassiny when I run away. It gives that intense and epic feeling lol. That's what I did with the Borgia Captains.

And yes, I think it's excellent news. I remember also in the interview, he said they added the new hookblade feature where you can swing across your enemy if you're trying to get away. I'm going to use that a lot. Mostly because it looks like the first move he did in the trailer where he stuck the blade in his chest and rolled over him XD </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, me too. It's also fun cause you don't have to kill guards that way, which makes it easier to play in a way that you only take out your target and let everyone else live.

Locopells
11-08-2011, 11:20 AM
What 40 minutes of gameplay?

crash3
11-09-2011, 11:01 AM
Whatever they call it, I just hope that stealth is more challenging in ACR so we dont feel the urge to just wipe out all the enemies in a few seconds in combat

MAKE STEALTH HARDER! please (sorry for the caps)

Oatkeeper
11-09-2011, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by crash3:
Whatever they call it, I just hope that stealth is more challenging in ACR so we dont feel the urge to just wipe out all the enemies in a few seconds in combat

I think the problem is more that the combat is so easy that there is no incentive to use stealth.

LightRey
11-09-2011, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Oatkeeper:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crash3:

I think the problem is more that the combat is so easy that there is no incentive to use stealth. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I play stealthily all the time. My incentive is my own freaking will.

kriegerdesgottes
11-09-2011, 01:22 PM
I play stealthily all the time. My incentive is my own freaking will.

lol This^! I'm not a stealth person myself but nothing in this game prohibits anyone from playing stealthily.

Oatkeeper
11-09-2011, 03:11 PM
dont get me wrong, I use stealth on my own as well. But stealth is typically a lot better when its a tool for survival and not a "because I felt like it" choice (or if you choose to build your character so Stealth is used for survival as the case may be in some games)

Im not saying there shouldnt be a choice, but as it is now I feel there should be a better balance.

Jexx21
11-09-2011, 03:15 PM
It is? I like having the choice of killing a battalion of guards or sneaking past them.

Oatkeeper
11-09-2011, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
It is? I like having the choice of killing a battalion of guards or sneaking past them. Well Lets put it like this: if combat was balanced the way im thinking. Taking on that battalion isn't impossible. Its a matter of skill and possibly how well stocked you are. Presumably winning such a battle would also feel more rewarding to the player becuase they had to earn it.

The stealth option is then improved because the guards pose a significant threat, and therefore there is more tension due to a situation where your a bit more afraid of getting caught. Even if you get caught you can still fight, and win (but as the series has been going its more likely you'll be desynced, which is admittably another way to make the player not want to fail at stealth, albeit less natural and limits the players choice).

AnthonyA85
11-09-2011, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Locopells:

This one:

ACR SP Gameplay (http://uk.gamespot.com/assassins-creed-revelations/videos/now-playing-assassins-creed-revelations-6344237)

They also did 20 minutes of MP gameplay today.

And as far as the Social Stealth is concerned, the system the used in AC1 was the best, where the guards were suspecious of you no matter where you went, or what you did, and after you wasted your target, you were insta-notoriious and the guards attacked you on-sight.

But the only way they could really perfect the system they're using now, is to remove the "incognito" bit, so Ezio is only 'invisible' to the guards when he's actually blending with a crowd, i mean, if you were a cop, and you saw someone walking around armed to the teeth, you'd be instantly suspcious, wouldn't you?

LionHeart XXII
11-09-2011, 08:32 PM
does that gamespot play through have any major spoilers, i wanna watch, but i dont at the same time

Sparty2020
11-09-2011, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by AnthonyA85:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Locopells:

This one:

ACR SP Gameplay (http://uk.gamespot.com/assassins-creed-revelations/videos/now-playing-assassins-creed-revelations-6344237)

And as far as the Social Stealth is concerned, the system the used in AC1 was the best, where the guards were suspecious of you no matter where you went, or what you did, and after you wasted your target, you were insta-notoriious and the guards attacked you on-sight.

But the only way they could really perfect the system they're using now, is to remove the "incognito" bit, so Ezio is only 'invisible' to the guards when he's actually blending with a crowd, i mean, if you were a cop, and you saw someone walking around armed to the teeth, you'd be instantly suspcious, wouldn't you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>God, please no! I hated going to a new city and being denied entry, I hated being chased and attacked for simply walking down the road, and I hated being shoved by the psychos into a nest of guard and being insta-attacked for no reason.

In America it has always been perfectly fine to walk around with your pistols out. It happened in the War for Independence, in the Wild West, and is happening now. So long as you have a permit and you are registered nobody can stop you for choosing to defend yourself. I heard Israel had similar laws to carrying weapons. The right to defend himself has been one of man's earliest traditions, why should Ezio be instantly attacked for having a simple sword that he may or may not use? Especially when there are stores selling swords and armor literally every other block...

From the sound of things I like ACR's system: the Ottomans are just your regular guys doing their jobs; they won't force themselves on you or stop you unless you actually do something illegal while the Templars instantly recognize you and will attack you no matter what. It looks like the Ottomans will even fight on your side if you are attacked by the Byzantines instead of just standing there.

Oatkeeper
11-10-2011, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Sparty2020:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AnthonyA85:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Locopells:

This one:

But the only way they could really perfect the system they're using now, is to remove the "incognito" bit, so Ezio is only 'invisible' to the guards when he's actually blending with a crowd, i mean, if you were a cop, and you saw someone walking around armed to the teeth, you'd be instantly suspcious, wouldn't you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>God, please no! I hated going to a new city and being denied entry, I hated being chased and attacked for simply walking down the road, and I hated being shoved by the psychos into a nest of guard and being insta-attacked for no reason.

In America it has always been perfectly fine to walk around with your pistols out. It happened in the War for Independence, in the Wild West, and is happening now. So long as you have a permit and you are registered nobody can stop you for choosing to defend yourself. I heard Israel had similar laws to carrying weapons. The right to defend himself has been one of man's earliest traditions, why should Ezio be instantly attacked for having a simple sword that he may or may not use? Especially when there are stores selling swords and armor literally every other block...

From the sound of things I like ACR's system: the Ottomans are just your regular guys doing their jobs; they won't force themselves on you or stop you unless you actually do something illegal while the Templars instantly recognize you and will attack you no matter what. It looks like the Ottomans will even fight on your side if you are attacked by the Byzantines instead of just standing there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is a significant difference from holding a weapon and being "armed to the teeth". The latter implies your not just carrying weapons, your carrying an excessive amount. Like if a guy ran down the streets looking like this guy:

http://www.fragworld.org/frag/images/stories/jreviews/1989_BF3SUPPORT_1316041266.jpg

Not to mention this isnt post revolutionary war america, its the Ottoman empire pre-solomon.

Sparty2020
11-10-2011, 11:17 PM
OK I admit, I'd be suspicious of that guy :P then again Ezio really doesn't look like that. He only has a sword and a few throwing knives (don't remember if he had his crossbow) visible. Also I admit to not being as familiar with eastern (middle-eastern?) history as with western but in western history at that time it was extremely common and even expected for nobility to wield weaponry for either self-defense, a symbol of their status, or dueling.

LightRey
11-10-2011, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Sparty2020:
OK I admit, I'd be suspicious of that guy :P then again Ezio really doesn't look like that. He only has a sword and a few throwing knives (don't remember if he had his crossbow) visible. Also I admit to not being as familiar with eastern (middle-eastern?) history as with western but in western history at that time it was extremely common and even expected for nobility to wield weaponry for either self-defense, a symbol of their status, or dueling.
Not to mention that in Italy there were mercenaries walking around everywhere. In ACB people even sometimes say "must be another condottieri".

crash3
11-11-2011, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Oatkeeper:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crash3:

I think the problem is more that the combat is so easy that there is no incentive to use stealth. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with that too, theres needs to be more challenge in both stealth and combat to give players incentives to try both methods to succeed at a mission