PDA

View Full Version : And suddenly, "Mig Alley" joystick worked.

Doug_Thompson
07-26-2005, 08:57 AM
I have an older flight sim called "Mig Alley" and could never get the joystick to work with it in Windows XP. I searched for a workaround, found one and was determined to give it another go.

Last night, I installed the game again, and it worked with no extra effort.

Just a guess, but I suppose some update of XP finally fixed the problem, which probably wasn't restricted just to Mig Alley.

TgD Thunderbolt56
07-26-2005, 09:07 AM
Mig Alley was the flight sim of the year in 1998 and was a really good one...despite what some here may tell you. It's obviously dated at this point, but still fun if you really want to fly a Sabre or Mig-15 with 50+ planes in the air.

TB

BSS_Goat
07-26-2005, 09:09 AM
"POUND HIM LEAD!"

han freak solo
07-26-2005, 03:33 PM
Mig Alley was pretty cool.

I just got a flashback of the wing snapping sound in the F-86! "Here comes the grooooound, pull up, pull up, pull up!!!!!" SNAAAP!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif

Finding ground targets was the biggest b1tch ever in any flight sim I've encountered, though.

repoman11
07-26-2005, 11:00 PM
I bought it for cheap in 2002. I had to find a patch, but I got it working. It was fun for a little bit, but I was back to FB in no time. Too bad someone doesn't take it and give it an overhaul. LOMAC type jet sims are too involved for me, I never play that one either. But a good Korea sim might just strike the right balance.

As is, it sits in the stack of dead flight sims I have in the corner.

Hoarmurath
07-27-2005, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by repoman11:
I bought it for cheap in 2002. I had to find a patch, but I got it working. It was fun for a little bit, but I was back to FB in no time. Too bad someone doesn't take it and give it an overhaul. LOMAC type jet sims are too involved for me, I never play that one either. But a good Korea sim might just strike the right balance.

As is, it sits in the stack of dead flight sims I have in the corner.

try SFP1

BSS_Goat
07-27-2005, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by Hoarmurath:
try SFP1

Got a link, some screenshots maybe, info?

ytareh
07-27-2005, 08:39 AM
I think theres a Mig Alley2(Rowan) with a release date in 2005 but like so many Id imagine this date is highly optimistic....

repoman11
07-28-2005, 07:54 AM
I have SFP1. It is over in the stack with the rest. Vietnam era is still too high tech for me.

ytareh
07-28-2005, 04:08 PM
Id tend to agree with repoman,LOMAC,SFP1 etc are purely for groundpounding for me.How on earth are ya meant to get a bead on those streaking jets!!!???