Radman500
09-08-2011, 02:56 PM
i dont know whats going on

LightRey
09-08-2011, 03:03 PM
He's not.

souNdwAve89
09-08-2011, 03:04 PM
One of the writers said that they are not directly related, but of course in the same family tree. In the latest video, Altair does not even look like a lot like Desmond. He has the scar on his lip, but he looks older than Desmond despite being young in that seal memory.

I mean, even Ezio is hardly recognizable when he is old in Revelations. This is obviously one of the things that will be answered.

Radman500
09-08-2011, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
He's not.

i always thought he was.....

so then that must mean, that desmond's mom is from altairs lineage, and desmond's dad is from "ezio's" lineage.....or vice versa..

naran6142
09-08-2011, 03:06 PM
it has been confirmed that ezio is not a descendant of altair

if ur confused about ezio reliving altairs memories, thats because altair has recorded his memories onto seals which are from TWCB

Radman500
09-08-2011, 03:09 PM
so i guess

desmond's mom is either part of altair or ezio's family and his dad is part of one of the families, when they married and had desmond, they connected

naran6142
Originally posted by Radman500:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
He's not.

so then that must mean, that desmond's mom is from altairs lineage, and desmond's dad is from "ezio's" lineage.....or vice versa.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the blood lines could have merged anywhere after ezio, but i think it is likely that it did merge when desmonds parents had desmond

and i think most people thought that they were related to. but if you look closely it isn't said anywhere in the game

LightRey
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
He's not.

so then that must mean, that desmond's mom is from altairs lineage, and desmond's dad is from "ezio's" lineage.....or vice versa.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not necessarily. Their bloodlines could've come together higher up the family tree. For example, they could be related to Desmond's grandparents on his mother's side.

EDIT: crap, I was too slow :P

kriegerdesgottes
09-08-2011, 03:11 PM
Yes exactly, He could possibly be related to both of them through his father's side very easily and they would still not be related to each other. I hope that is one thing they clarify in ACR. Exactly how are they all related?

Radman500
09-08-2011, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Radman500:
He's not.

Not necessarily. Their bloodlines could've come together higher up the family tree. For example, they could be related to Desmond's grandparents on his mother's side.

EDIT: crap, I was too slow :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so altair and ezio are still blood related, but not directly related......

can someone do a possible mock-up family tree, to explain this, cause im kind of confused

Radman500
09-08-2011, 03:14 PM
ok i get it now...

now a question.. the next ancestor the third one... has to actully be a direct descendant of either altair and ezio.. am i correct..

MT4K
09-08-2011, 03:15 PM
Here's an example:
- Gap in timeline
= Direct Descendant

Altair---------Sofia Sorto??--
---------------Convergence----William??=Desmond
-----Giovani=Ezio Auditore--

Good enough? Kind of a rushed botched attempt and the sofia thing is just meant to show how it could possibly converge lol.

naran6142
09-08-2011, 03:16 PM
so altair and ezio are still blood related, but not directly related......

can someone do a possible mock-up family tree, to explain this, cause im kind of confused

there are to many unknown ancestors to do an accurate family tree

but seeing as ACR is wrapping up ezio's and altair's stories, all this might be full explained in ACR

naran6142
09-08-2011, 03:19 PM
ok i get it now...

now a question.. the next ancestor the third one... has to actully be a direct descendant of either altair and ezio.. am i correct..

possibly

or the next ancestor could be a descendant of both, or an ancestor of one of them

kriegerdesgottes
09-08-2011, 03:25 PM
ok i get it now...

Again it's possible but it could still be possible for him not to be related to the other two and still be related to Desmond. For example you have 8 great grandparents and therefore 16 great great grandparents all who come from different lines. Each generation doubles the number. and those people are not related to each other.....usually...... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif so he could still be related to one of the other two but it's still possible for him to be part of his own branch not blood related to the other two.

SleezeRocker
09-08-2011, 03:46 PM
Maybe that Assassin Bible can clear things up for us http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

LieutenantJojo
09-08-2011, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by MT4K:
Here's an example:
- Gap in timeline
= Direct Descendant

Good enough? Kind of a rushed botched attempt and the sofia thing is just meant to show how it could possibly converge lol.

I have thought about this as well. Perhaps Sofia Sorto is a descendant of Altair? Either way, I do recall reading that one of Altair's sons head to Europe and since Sofia is Italian, who knows? I hope they address this in ACR.

KuldarYldrad
09-09-2011, 02:36 AM
Anyway, they are both related to TWCB as they have the eagle vision. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

itsamea-mario
09-09-2011, 02:40 AM
I think releasing a game called bloodlines may have added to the confusion.

albertwesker22
09-09-2011, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by LieutenantJojo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MT4K:
Here's an example:
- Gap in timeline
= Direct Descendant

I have thought about this as well. Perhaps Sofia Sorto is a descendant of Altair? Either way, I do recall reading that one of Altair's sons head to Europe and since Sofia is Italian, who knows? I hope they address this in ACR. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Darim went to both France and England to warn of the Mongolian threat. He later came back to Masyaf though, and was there when he was in his 60's.

I think Altair's decendents stayed in the middle east for a while.