PDA

View Full Version : What resolution

Jetcam
05-07-2011, 02:24 AM
I have an Nvidia GT450with the latest drivers installed. What resolution should i be using.
The graphics are really bad and i keep getting a "Launcher" error which shuts the game down when i try and fly in Dogfight mode under quick missions. Please help.

BillSwagger
05-07-2011, 02:54 AM
I would check and see what the native resolution is.
Then go to the game directory and click on setup and make sure you have the proper resolution set.

de nada..

Bill

TipsyTed
05-07-2011, 04:16 AM
Firstly, don't try to set the resolution in game options. This game is 10 years old and most monitors nowadays have resolutions bigger than those listed on a menu in the game. Luckily, there is a way to these high resolutions in game. Here's how.

Secondly, find out what the resolution of your monitor is (that's what you'd like to run your game in). To do this, right click on the desktop and browse the options (depends on an operating system).

Thirdly, go into your game folder. There you will find a file called "conf.ini" - open it (with notepad or similar). Then search for the following section:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
[window]
width=1024
height=768
ColourBits=32
DepthBits=24
StencilBits=0
ChangeScreenRes=1
FullScreen=1
DrawIfNotFocused=0
EnableResize=0
EnableClose=1
SaveAspect=1
Use3Renders=0
</pre>

Change width and height values to those of your monitor resolution.

Set
ChangeScreenRes=1
and
SaveAspect=0

Save the file (don't forget to save it as conf.ini), run the game and voila - the game should run in your monitor resolution.

If you'll be fiddling with "video modes" in game afterwards, keep in mind that conf.ini will reset to old values and you'll have to manually reconfigure it again.

Hope this helped.