PDA

View Full Version : Monitor - High Pitched Noise ! Please Help !

L.Maverick
11-24-2004, 04:25 AM
Hello to everyone,

I am using a desktop resolution of 1024x768.
I am playing my games on a resolution of 800x600, I never had any problems with it, but in the last days every time I startup a game (800x600) I get this horrible high pitched squealing noise from the monitor.
I never had this problem, it started in the last couple of days.

I have LG Flatron F700B monitor and a GeForce 2, 64MB MX video card with the latest updates (66.93).

What's the problem? Is it the monitor, the graphic card or just the computer?

Btw, which refresh rate should I choose?

Thanks in advance.

L.Maverick
11-24-2004, 04:25 AM
Hello to everyone,

I am using a desktop resolution of 1024x768.
I am playing my games on a resolution of 800x600, I never had any problems with it, but in the last days every time I startup a game (800x600) I get this horrible high pitched squealing noise from the monitor.
I never had this problem, it started in the last couple of days.

I have LG Flatron F700B monitor and a GeForce 2, 64MB MX video card with the latest updates (66.93).

What's the problem? Is it the monitor, the graphic card or just the computer?

Btw, which refresh rate should I choose?

Thanks in advance.

p1ngu666
11-24-2004, 04:34 AM
85hz, ive had this problem, u shouldnt use less than 80hz really :\

VO1-VC
11-24-2004, 05:14 AM
Your refresh rate is set higher than your monitor can deliver at that resolution. Check the manual for your monitor and make sure your refresh rate/resolution combination is supported.

WARNING! DO NOT run your monitor like that (high pitch noise) or it will fail.

VonKlugermon
11-25-2004, 03:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VO1-VC:
Your refresh rate is set higher than your monitor can deliver at that resolution. Check the manual for your monitor and make sure your refresh rate/resolution combination is supported.

WARNING! DO NOT run your monitor like that (high pitch noise) or it will fail. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If it turns out that this is not the case, it could be an internal problem to the monitor. Heat buildup can cause internal parts to rub together (like a cricket's wings) and create a high pitched noise as you describe.

Willy

h009291
11-25-2004, 08:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Heat buildup can cause internal parts to rub together (like a cricket's wings) and create a high pitched noise as you describe.

Willy <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or check your monitor internals for a trapped cricket ...

adlabs6
11-25-2004, 09:16 PM
Probably the monitor making the sound. If you've not made any changes to refresh rate, or resolution in the past days that might have caused the noise, then perhaps the monitor is on the way out. I had this happen once in the late 90's, a short while later, a loud bang and an electrical arcing sound and the monitor was dead.

FI-finbar1
11-26-2004, 02:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by h009291:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Heat buildup can cause internal parts to rub together (like a cricket's wings) and create a high pitched noise as you describe.

Willy <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or check your monitor internals for a trapped cricket ... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif