PDA

View Full Version : How do you use the B-25J for bombing?

Maple_Tiger
11-13-2004, 09:43 AM
I mapped:

Toggle bomb sight distance.

Increase bomb sight distance.
Decrease bomb sight distance.

Increase bomb sight altitude.
Decrease bomb sight altitude.

Increase bomb sight velocity.
Decrease bomb sight velocity.

Then, I would Toggle Gunsight(Shift+F1) to lean to the bomb sight lenses.

However, I do not see any bomb sight lense. I checked the PF readme and it didhn't mention anything about b-25J bombing.

Help me lol.

Maple_Tiger
11-13-2004, 09:43 AM
I mapped:

Toggle bomb sight distance.

Increase bomb sight distance.
Decrease bomb sight distance.

Increase bomb sight altitude.
Decrease bomb sight altitude.

Increase bomb sight velocity.
Decrease bomb sight velocity.

Then, I would Toggle Gunsight(Shift+F1) to lean to the bomb sight lenses.

However, I do not see any bomb sight lense. I checked the PF readme and it didhn't mention anything about b-25J bombing.

Help me lol.

Fillmore
11-13-2004, 09:49 AM
It is copy/pasted from He111, so all references pertaining to that apply.

You have to wait about 30 seconds for the bombsight to come up (and you have to be wings level and not yawing or pitching too much during that time) once activated.

LEBillfish
11-13-2004, 09:49 AM
Same as HE111, lean in first, let the sight Stabilize.

Maple_Tiger
11-13-2004, 11:28 AM
I guess it would help if I pressed C first before I toggle the gunsight.

Any tips for the actualy bomb run. Should I set the altitude and Velocity first and then locate the tagret? stuff like that.

Maple_Tiger
11-13-2004, 11:54 AM
I can now almost get the cross hairs on the target. However, the plane will not stay level. I have tride using the Toggle level Autopilot, but it doesn't work. Yes, I have it mapped lol.

I have tride trimming also, but the plane will not stay level.

-HH- Beebop
11-13-2004, 12:45 PM
Maple,

Have you seen this link?:

http://www.310thvfs.com/He111_Tutorial.php

I hope this helps.

Maple_Tiger
11-13-2004, 01:43 PM
No I haven't Beebop. I'll check it out right now.

ty.

deltorro
11-13-2004, 09:22 PM
I must say, I too am having issues with this bombing thing. I mapped auto level, however, when I use it it says "autopilot automation on/off" That only changes whether or not I get control right away when I change stations....

Maple_Tiger
11-13-2004, 09:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by deltorro:
I must say, I too am having issues with this bombing thing. I mapped auto level, however, when I use it it says "autopilot automation on/off" That only changes whether or not I get control right away when I change stations.... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, thats what I was getting. That is the Toggle Level Auto-pilot wich I can't get to work. It doesn't seem to do anything.

However, Level Stabalizer works. You need to map it though. This keeps the aircraft level, but you will still have to use trim to ajust the pitch.

I managed to actualy hit a bridge at 2000m altitude http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

deltorro
11-13-2004, 11:04 PM
Sweet Sweet, got it now. Level stabilizer did the trick. Steering the bomber with rudder trim, and, although level stabilizer always puts my VSI at -1000 fpm, I can trim to level flight. This stuff should really be in a manual or FAQ...

Maple_Tiger
11-14-2004, 06:19 AM
I think I'm going to try and hit a tank from 2000m lol.

The nice part about it, is that the bombs drop automaticaly.

Tully__
11-14-2004, 08:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by deltorro:
Sweet Sweet, got it now. Level stabilizer did the trick. Steering the bomber with rudder trim, and, although level stabilizer always puts my VSI at -1000 fpm, I can trim to level flight. This stuff should really be in a manual or FAQ... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or readme... and it is http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

The community created FAQ at airwarfare.com has I think, as do a couple of other user sites. It's also in a readme file somewhere. I haven't checked the PF manual though, it might not be there.

gorillasika
11-14-2004, 08:57 AM
Does the previous trim settings go away when the level stabilizer is activated?
The plane's nose always drops, when I hit it.

I also have only recently tried bombing with the HE111, and I must say it's something every owner of this game should try. It's so fun and a nice break from the fighters.

Maple_Tiger
11-14-2004, 09:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tully__:
Sweet Sweet, got it now. Level stabilizer did the trick. Steering the bomber with rudder trim, and, although level stabilizer always puts my VSI at -1000 fpm, I can trim to level flight. This stuff should really be in a manual or FAQ... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or readme... and it is http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

The community created FAQ at airwarfare.com has I think, as do a couple of other user sites. It's also in a readme file somewhere. I haven't checked the PF manual though, it might not be there. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is nothing in the Read me about bombing for the b-25J.

The manual explains how to use the Bomb sight, distance, altitude, and velosity. However, it doesn't say anything on how to keep the bomber level.

Maple_Tiger
11-14-2004, 09:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gorillasika:
Does the previous trim settings go away when the level stabilizer is activated?
The plane's nose always drops, when I hit it.

I also have only recently tried bombing with the HE111, and I must say it's something every owner of this game should try. It's so fun and a nice break from the fighters. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Beebop was nice enough to give us a link to the 301th sight about bombing.

http://www.310thvfs.com/He111_Tutorial.php

Here, it states that once you activate the level stabalizer, the nose will drop. The trick though, is to use combat flaps after you enable the level stabalizer. This will cause the aircraft to nose up. To counter the nose up, you just decrease throttle.