PDA

View Full Version : Hard to be undamaged when dealing with 3 or 4 troops

jcchan
05-27-2008, 08:07 AM
I find find it hard to get unharmed when facing two or more soldiers becuas ewhen you lock on one the others will attack your rear side.

but sometimes I can immediately click the right mouse button to deflect the blade but the chance is quite small http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Any skillful ''Altair'' can teach me some combat skills?

ScytheOfGrim
05-27-2008, 08:11 AM
You, I believe, are the first person in the forum's history to be complaining about the combat being [i]too difficult[/i[...

Props to you my man...

caswallawn_2k7
05-27-2008, 08:13 AM
once you have counter just hold the right mouse button then click left when a guard swings at you.

altairego
05-27-2008, 09:28 AM
jcchan, you can also play it safe and find yourself a wall to back up against -- that way no one can hit from behind. the whole fight system is built on timing -- you gotta watch out for openings. try grabbing one of them suddenly and throwing -- say, grab one behind you. and dance around them too -- don't just stand around. maybe even lead them on a chase to a rooftop and fight them there -- throw them off, they die.

Lhorkan
05-27-2008, 10:00 AM
Doesn't block block in all directions?

ScytheOfGrim
05-27-2008, 10:04 AM
I believe that it doesn't help your back.

Although it's pretty close to a full 360 degrees shield, but there is that blind spot.

Selur_Riatla
05-27-2008, 02:26 PM
While in defensive stance, Altair may or may not protect himself from behind. It's really randomized.
I noticed this playing. If you're countering/grabbing/attacking someone else, you're vunerable to attack from behind. Sometimes if you're standing there (waiting for a guard to attack you so you can counter) someone will come up from behind and attack you. They might hit you (probable.) They might not.

Don't worry. At the veeeery begining I had that issue, over a short amount of time you get better.

drego5
05-27-2008, 09:11 PM
Might also help not to lock on to a single person. When you want to attack one person in particular, just move your camera angle to see the highlight around them, and then swing your sword.

For example, I just reformatted, and thus started playing through for the 5th time. The first time I got to a Save The Citizen, it forced me to lock onto the guy. Of course, when you do that, they automatically know, and attack you first. I prefer to just run toward them, jump-stealth the standing guard, and then fight the rest. But of course, you won't be able to do that if you actually lock onto the guard.

PS: ScytheOfGrim: To a novice player, the controls and fight system are difficult at first. They do take some getting used to. This person, jcchan, is not shy at all about stating that they're a novice.

@ jcchan: Another thing I've noticed, that some new players tend to overlook, is that the game prefers you to take a more defensive stance. If you go in half-cocked trying to pick a fight every time and generally being an aggressive player, you're probably not going to do too well. If you play more defensively, and wait for the NPC to make the first move, and simply react to it, you'll have a much easier time. And then with more experience, you'll find a happy medium, a level where you can be aggressive when you want to, and otherwise can consider yourself to simply be taunting others.

Archetype_Zero
05-27-2008, 10:37 PM
once i'm in combat, i try to back up quickly with my guard down (backing up with your guard up is MUCH safer but also much slower) so i prefer to get back quickly so that all opponents are in front of me.

once you're good at countering, whenever someone attacks from behind, try to aim the camera at them, then block/counter in their direction. it takes a while to get adjusted to being able to recognize when you're being attacked from the back, but once you've trained your brain for it it becomes second nature, and you'll be counter-killing guards left and right

oh, and don't worry about the people that try to be condescending about how good they are at the combat. i've been a gamer for many years and even i had lots of trouble with combat in AC at first, so don't sweat it. it's a strange combination between hack'n'slash fighting and combo-oriented "arena" style fighting, so it certainly takes some getting used to even if you're good at fighting games in general

spook13
05-28-2008, 09:53 PM
@Archetype_Zero:

You made me feel better...longtime PC action gamer here, and that battle with Robert de Sable and his henchmen almost made me quit the game and uninstall it.

After getting killed like 30 times, I went back this afternoon and diligently practice-replayed the Battle of Arsuf sequence six times, stopping short of the Robert battle, then jumped back in and killed Robert's whole bunch on the first retry, then went on to complete the game.

Whew!

the_assassin_07
05-29-2008, 06:05 AM
You know what you should do my man? Well, when you counter attack, stand on one leg and bang your head with a hammer.

That helps anyone who thinks Assassin's Creed is difficult.
They usually go by the name of ******s...

Usually.

ScytheOfGrim
05-29-2008, 06:08 AM
PS: ScytheOfGrim: To a novice player, the controls and fight system are difficult at first. They do take some getting used to. This person, jcchan, is not shy at all about stating that they're a novice.

Yes, but even a novice doesn't get beaten up that badly by guards... or at least I used to think they didn't... >_>

After reading his post for a second time, I think that he's tapping the guard button as opposed to holding it... @_@
And that would make sense...

Cotheer
05-29-2008, 06:29 AM
Well as others already said, its all about defence and right timing!
As for myself i stand inside the group watching all guards at once, yes, its hard, but once u get used to it, stand still and concentrate u can see every guard while he's making his move to hit u, and thats when u strike!As for the guards hitting from behind just switch the highligh with move buttons and use counter, believe me u'll need it once u get to Robert!

Counter and concentration are ur friends http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif!

jcchan
05-29-2008, 06:49 AM
I didnt mean the combat is too difficult. But simple attacks aren't going to work before the guards block some of your swords. Therefore I find COUNTER ATTACK the most fatal move. But will that be too tedious if you perform that again and again whenever you confront guards? So I am here just pursuiting another way of fighting.

Also wt is combo kill and how to perform that dude.?? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

ScytheOfGrim
05-29-2008, 07:02 AM
If you press the attack button at the moment Altair's sword meets your enemies sword, he will perform a combo kill.
An instant kill, like most of the counters.

But you have to hit the guards a few times before you can do the kill.

spook13
05-29-2008, 08:59 AM
@the_assassin_07:

As an "older gamer", I've been on many boards over the years and read plenty of similar posts by similar punks.

Grow up.

GreyFlame
05-29-2008, 09:08 AM
LMFAO http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

the_assassin_07
05-29-2008, 09:13 AM
<span class="ev_code_pink">No.

I live in Neverland so http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif
Come on Tinkerbell...</span>

O_o

Seriously; I was just having a bit of fun.

Lighten up.

drego5
05-29-2008, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by ScytheOfGrim:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">PS: ScytheOfGrim: To a novice player, the controls and fight system are difficult at first. They do take some getting used to. This person, jcchan, is not shy at all about stating that they're a novice.

Yes, but even a novice doesn't get beaten up that badly by guards... or at least I used to think they didn't... >_> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did. Before AC, I only played StarCraft and Unreal Tournament (GOTY and 2003). I thought the term RPG was synonymous with fantasy, and thus limited to games like Zelda and such. When I started playing, I got my *** so royally stomped, it was hilarious, even to me. I used to die a WHOOOOOOOOLE lot. But over time, I got better, as everyone does. But that's my point, though, is that it takes time.