PDA

View Full Version : You think u are a good online pilot???

GH_Klingstroem
04-10-2009, 11:02 AM
Well if you think so, then try the Warclouds WF server on hyperlobby and you will quickly change your mind! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

If you are new to that server you are in for a surprise and might very well get eatne alive for the first few sorties!
They have recently switched to 4.09 UI 1.1 and its once again becoming one of the most populated servers on hyperlobby!

I have played on many other servers but the standard of the pilots on WC is by faaaar the highest even if Spit vs 109s isnt that bad...

Go and try!!

GH_Klingstroem
04-10-2009, 11:02 AM
Well if you think so, then try the Warclouds WF server on hyperlobby and you will quickly change your mind! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

If you are new to that server you are in for a surprise and might very well get eatne alive for the first few sorties!
They have recently switched to 4.09 UI 1.1 and its once again becoming one of the most populated servers on hyperlobby!

I have played on many other servers but the standard of the pilots on WC is by faaaar the highest even if Spit vs 109s isnt that bad...

Go and try!!

Lemky
04-10-2009, 11:34 AM
April Fools Right

crucislancer
04-10-2009, 12:06 PM
While I don't think I'm a great pilot, I'll be sure to pop in at some point and see what's up there. Last time I stopped by the planeset seemed to be mostly ETO, is that still the case?

GH_Klingstroem
04-10-2009, 12:15 PM
Lemky come and try... U will see!

And crucislancer that is correct! Its 1944 ETO!

Erkki_M
04-10-2009, 12:38 PM
We'd really need even ONE server with Eastern Front setup in the addition to the ADW.... 90% are Western Europe, last 10 pacific, or so...

na85
04-10-2009, 12:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We'd really need even ONE server with Eastern Front setup in the addition to the ADW.... 90% are Western Europe, last 10 pacific, or so... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agree. The community needs a full switch Eastern Front server.

HayateAce
04-10-2009, 12:43 PM
Agreed.

Warclouds was stale 2 years ago. Mind you, any long running server is a good thing and for those who enjoy it, rock on. Now I would be interested in logging on just to watch the top 5 Allied pilots. IMO, those would be the most highly skilled fliers on the server.

crucislancer
04-10-2009, 12:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by na85:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We'd really need even ONE server with Eastern Front setup in the addition to the ADW.... 90% are Western Europe, last 10 pacific, or so... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agree. The community needs a full switch Eastern Front server. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would be there nearly every night if we had one, most likely flying Yaks. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I'm also a huge Tempest fan, so Warclouds is still something I'll check out.

But, yeah. There seems to be a real lack of Eastern Front servers.

K_Freddie
04-10-2009, 12:58 PM
Yes! .. and WC will know when I'm there.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Lemky
04-10-2009, 05:50 PM
Bin there,just pulling your leg.I like the server alot,settings are good,maps are good and the regular plays are Great to play with,

na85
04-10-2009, 06:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HayateAce:
Agreed.

Warclouds was stale 2 years ago. Mind you, any long running server is a good thing and for those who enjoy it, rock on. Now I would be interested in logging on just to watch the top 5 Allied pilots. IMO, those would be the most highly skilled fliers on the server. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why the top 5 allied pilots, specifically?

Feathered_IV
04-10-2009, 08:30 PM
Warclouds has no real substance. It's grindingly monotonous in it's maps and plane sets. I would recommend Spits vs 109 Mod instead.

mortoma
04-10-2009, 09:34 PM
DF rooms = Air Quake

I go online about 4 or 5 times a year and it's always Coops when I do. If I wanted to play Quake I'd install it on my PC.

HayateAce
04-10-2009, 10:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by na85:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HayateAce:
Agreed.

Warclouds was stale 2 years ago. Mind you, any long running server is a good thing and for those who enjoy it, rock on. Now I would be interested in logging on just to watch the top 5 Allied pilots. IMO, those would be the most highly skilled fliers on the server. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why the top 5 allied pilots, specifically? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Much harder to successfully get kills and survive in P38's, 47's and 51's. Flying skill must be more refined and gunnery is probably at least 5 times harder. It's just the limitations of this game and some modeling choices I don't happen to agree with.

DKoor
04-11-2009, 01:30 AM
WarClouds was once really popular server, you practically couldn't log in there many times because of it being full... nowadays whenever I look at it, it doesn't seem to have more than 5-6 players at each side at best. I'm looking at it now and it's empty.
Also I was always more interested in WC_ToH (Touch of History)... however popularity of that server is such low that it effectively makes it unplayable.
Such a shame, that was a really good server.

Feathered_IV
04-11-2009, 02:09 AM
The whole notion of a touch of history is an admission from the WC people that their philosophy is wholly unrealistic. The very phrase makes me shudder.

doogerie
04-11-2009, 02:09 AM
I know i am a bad online pilot offline i can take off no problem online i get of the deck and then i kianda seem to (Too use a skiing anaglagy) catch an edge and begin to slide over and then down oh well

DKoor
04-11-2009, 02:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by doogerie:
I know i am a bad online pilot offline i can take off no problem online i get of the deck and then i kianda seem to (Too use a skiing anaglagy) catch an edge and begin to slide over and then down oh well </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Who cares? The whole point of playing the (this and any other computer game) game is to have fun.
If you have fun crashin' then why not crash?http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
Play to have fun. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/partyhat.gif

AllorNothing117
04-11-2009, 04:36 AM
No thanks I'm rubish http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

DKoor
04-11-2009, 05:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AllorNothing117:
No thanks I'm rubish http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

WOLFMondo
04-11-2009, 05:31 AM
Warclouds was stale 2 years ago. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All the maps are too balanced so it kills any immersion for me. Good stable server but I agree its stale. You can always get a good fight going on there but I always enjoyed Zeke vs Wildcat more as things aren't so balanced all the time. Being the under dog can be fun.

FlixFlix
04-11-2009, 06:04 AM
I agree Warclouds has some top-notch pilots.
But this server has 2 drawbacks that I have got to disregard: one is the dot icon settings and the other is the never-changing planeset. The first kills the immersion, the latter the excitement.
Also, need more eastern front FS servers in HL.

DKoor
04-11-2009, 06:16 AM
Guys use XFire if you want more Eastern Front servers.
There are several Euro servers that sport some east action... settings are tight (if not realistic).
Too bad those aren't listed on Hyperlobby... I guess that is why I started to use XFire in the first place.

jermin122
04-11-2009, 07:14 AM
If you wanna play there, my advice is that first recognize admins and their friends correctly before you enter. Otherwise expect to be kicked or even banned for whatever reason if you shoot down any of them constantly. And that is the reason why it has not been as populated as before since last year.

Von_Rat
04-11-2009, 07:41 AM
WC now has a 43 plane set and an early 44, so its not just late war planes anymore.

if i understand correctly soon there will be a 42 plane set.

also every map is mission based, and most times theres actually people trying to complete the mission, not just dogfight like on many servers.

WC was slow to jump on the mod band wagon, thats the main reason its been slow there the last few months. but their adoption of the AAA U.1.1 mod is causing the server to attract not only those regulars who left, but new people as well.

also using 4.09b version with crt2 helps attract those that are concerned about having a level playing field in a mod server.

what attracts me most to the server is not just that it has settings i perfer, but it also attracts serious players who are more concerned with accomplishing and surviving a mission rather than scoring suicidal kills flying 10 meters off the deck.

ive never been on a server where the average altitude flown is as high as on WC.

Von_Rat
04-11-2009, 07:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jermin122:
If you wanna play there, my advice is that first recognize admins and their friends correctly before you enter. Otherwise expect to be kicked or even banned for whatever reason if you shoot down any of them constantly. And that is the reason why it has not been as populated as before since last year. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh BS, ive shot down admins all the time and ive never been banned or kicked for it.

if you ever happened read my posts on their forum you'd know im not exactly a suckup over there either. im kinda a hothead if you know what i mean.

GH_Klingstroem
04-11-2009, 08:29 AM
cool! I succeeded! Wanted the name "Warclouds" to be seen constantly on this forum... I have also played Zeke vs Wildcats and I agree, its a good server BUT it lacks the really good pilot IMO....

I also agree that I wouldnt mind if Warclouds switched to more difficult icon settings!

One thing is intresting tho, as soon as Warclouds try something else but the current planeset, people leave the server.
But when u ask random people they dont fly on Warclouds because they have the same planetset all the time... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

crucislancer
04-11-2009, 10:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DKoor:
Guys use XFire if you want more Eastern Front servers.
There are several Euro servers that sport some east action... settings are tight (if not realistic).
Too bad those aren't listed on Hyperlobby... I guess that is why I started to use XFire in the first place. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Downloaded. Thanks for the tip. All of my favorite servers are on there as well, and I already found a couple of servers that are Eastern Front.

kingtiger2008
04-11-2009, 11:01 AM
In Zeke vs Wildcat: remember one time i got four kills in very short time with the A6M5 just by simply sneaking in the opponents six, slow down, aim carefully and shot when they flew straight and knew nothing http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif .

In Warcloud, thing is different, those guys can detect me pretty fast and i must work very hard for a kill.

But other than pilot skill, i must say that i enjoy Zeke vs Wildcat more because it's plane set, various ground and sea mission and difficult setting(u must find the way to opponent, complete mission then find the way home if u still alive, it's very interesting sometimes).

And one more reason i can't play in Warcloud now: error timeout1 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

K_Freddie
04-11-2009, 11:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FlixFlix:
..one is the dot icon settings and the other is the never-changing planeset.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WHATTTT!!... No thanks.. I DO NOT like icons at all.. Sorry you won't see me there at that... what's-the-server-name... I must be suffering from old-timers.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

I know people laughed and whinged about ADW, but it really is/was the better server for good serious online play.
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

TS_Sancho
04-11-2009, 11:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And one more reason i can't play in Warcloud now: error timeout1 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have the same problem so I havent flown in WC 4.09. Anyone know the fix?I liked the server when they were running 4.08 so I'm sure its only gotten better.
As far as pilot quality, you see a lot of familiar callsigns floating between WC and the WOP servers but my money is on Spits/109's consistently fielding the most challenge.

Von_Rat
04-11-2009, 12:27 PM
WC is running 4.09b with AAA U.1.1.

if you have other mods besides the ones in u.1.1 you have to disable them by putting a - in front of them.

later you can renable them by just removing the -.

JZG_Thiem
04-11-2009, 12:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jermin122:
If you wanna play there, my advice is that first recognize admins and their friends correctly before you enter. Otherwise expect to be kicked or even banned for whatever reason if you shoot down any of them constantly. And that is the reason why it has not been as populated as before since last year. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

101% nonsense

TS_Sancho
04-11-2009, 01:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Von_Rat:
WC is running 4.09b with AAA U.1.1.

if you have other mods besides the ones in u.1.1 you have to disable them by putting a - in front of them.

later you can renable them by just removing the -. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have u1.1.1. and nothing more? would you mind PMing me with what I need to disable as its bad form to speak of such things out loud on this forum.

Regarding Warclouds administration, I have frequented the server on and off for years and have never been treated poorly nor can I recall ever seeing somebody else unfairly kicked. Maybe you had a negative experience with somebody who was just having a bad day but from what I've seen the statement that the admins are jerks on Warclouds server is untrue.

Manu-6S
04-11-2009, 01:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GH_Klingstroem:

Go and try!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In Warclouds WF you find lot of excellent pilots, both Blue and Red but in my experience ther are lots of wannabe heroes too: heads on, shoulder firing and kill stealing are common. But sure there are great AA pilots.

Instead once I was thinking to Spitsvs109 as a great server but experience shows me that many Red pilots were and still are noobs (at least 1 year ago, when I still was flying there) but the planeset is so awful that it's a good training field for Blue pilots. Infact I can't see there the great squads who were flying time ago. I still advise my OTU unit against flying there. They'll learn tactics that don't work against the good pilots that you find in warclouds.

The problem is that in Warclouds, SEOW and many Airwars Red you find better pilots: I remember only few good red pilots in spitvs109, pilots like the BD squad, Fenris and friends.

And in Spitvs109 there are so many immature pilots:
http://acompletewasteofspace.c...opic&t=17397&start=0 (http://acompletewasteofspace.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=17397&start=0)

I'm still awaiting the day they will forbit BnZ tactics...

danjama
04-11-2009, 04:25 PM
I agree wholeheartedly that Hyperlobby needs a Realistic settings Eastern Front server with good missions. In fact, i'd be happy to build the missions if somebody put the server up!

na85
04-11-2009, 04:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by danjama:
I agree wholeheartedly that Hyperlobby needs a Realistic settings Eastern Front server with good missions. In fact, i'd be happy to build the missions if somebody put the server up! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's expensive to put up a server at a datacenter, unfortunately.

If I had the bandwidth I'd host one.

JG7_SITH
04-19-2009, 11:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FlixFlix:
But this server has 2 drawbacks that I have got to disregard: one is the dot icon settings and the other is the never-changing planeset. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree . It got boring for me . Always spits VS FW190D.

And Icons ... why ???

However I will say the missions were not that bad .

F19_Orheim
04-20-2009, 04:54 AM
well I haven't been on that server for years, I never did like the icon settings and the time of war (late west front).. To me, at that time, all missions were all the same too.

I however support their effort, the more good servers around there are, the better it is. Servers for all tastes. And if they are trying to diversify missions and time it might comvince me to try it out again.

I see no reason to back talk any server really, all servers are the result of hard work, money and love for the sim... and about skills, I wouldn't know about that comment on Zekes/spits. I am a regular on the WoP servers, and both Zeke's and now lately Spits mod server. To say that there are no skilled pilots there is just a sign of ignorance. There are a lot of really skilled pilots on both those servers, as I am sure there are on this one too.. and what you call noobs has no bearing to me what so ever. We all have to start somewhere, and to be honest; a healhty mix of both what you call experts and beginners is really good imo.... makes it.. what did u call it.. historically correct and realistic... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I too support more eastern front maps....

cheers

T_O_A_D
04-21-2009, 01:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AllorNothing117:
No thanks I'm rubish http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Without us, the top are only mundane.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

JG52Uther
04-21-2009, 01:29 PM
I found WC late war stuff incredibly boring,and hate icons.
But,each to their own I suppose.
Lately I have been flying Spits V 109 mod server.At least it has some variety.

Stiletto-
04-21-2009, 01:47 PM
I've thought about hosting a realistic dedicated server in the past but I have wondered just how many aircraft I could support on the map at one time. Probably not enough.

My internet connection has about a 7.8mb UL rate and and a 1.5 DL.

Anyone know how many people you could have on a server with that?

Woke_Up_Dead
04-21-2009, 03:35 PM
I like the limited icons, though I will agree that the plane set gets a bit boring after a while. I like the fact that there are always at least a couple of pilots on TS, and they communicate very well; before I joined a squad this was the server that gave me the best taste of flying as a team.

I tried getting on yesterday for the first time in a couple of months, and couldn't. I have the 4.09b patch, is it necessary to have mods as well? If so, then that's a deal-breaker for me. I don't mind flying against modded planes and pilots who use mods like 6dof, but being forced to download and install mods is too much.