PDA

View Full Version : I want to be a Crusader

XFunc_CaRteR
06-23-2006, 02:06 AM
The promotional material for this game is a laugh. Yah, the assassins respected their victims. Give me a break! They enjoyed killing.

The heirs to the culture of assassins aren't even the suicide bombers. At least they have a modicum of courage. No. They are those gutless ****** who plant bombs by the sides of roads and kill people with cell phones.

You want to play a guy like that?

XFunc_CaRteR
06-23-2006, 02:11 AM
I should also mention they fought dirty. Good God did they fight dirty.

This enoblement of assassins is more of a comment on the passive-aggressive discomfort and squeamishness of liberal-guilt-ridden Westerners than it is any truthful commentary on assassins.

Please include the possibility to track these scum down and kill them.

IoNoobMaster
06-23-2006, 02:42 AM
Yes I would like to play a mad killer.

BTW next ime don't duble-post use the edit post buton thx.

Lhorkan
06-23-2006, 03:15 AM
And your point is? The <span class="ev_code_red">game</span> is called Assassin's Creed. If you don't want to play as one, go play something else.

rudo-rudo
06-23-2006, 03:53 AM
well said...why do you even bother giving out negative comment like that.

mrsmooth_840
06-23-2006, 05:41 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif and besides that, these aren't the same guys who put bombs by the side of the road, these people were different. they didn't target innocent people like terrorist organisations would do, and were completely loyal to the clan. they would commit suicide, not to kill people, but to protect the other clan members' identity. for god's sake, it IS just a game, if you don't like, that's fine with us, just don't moan about it, go play another game

savage1965
06-23-2006, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by XFunc_CaRteR:

Of course today wars are fought with such honour and dignity aren't they? Wake up and smell the cocaine, no wars are ever fought fairly, regardless of what the hypocritical newspapers and media tell you.

piratprince
06-23-2006, 07:03 AM
i wrote in the wrong thread sry http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif

Marek86
06-23-2006, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by mrsmooth_840:
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif and besides that, these aren't the same guys who put bombs by the side of the road, these people were different. they didn't target innocent people like terrorist organisations would do, and were completely loyal to the clan. they would commit suicide, not to kill people, but to protect the other clan members' identity. for god's sake, it IS just a game, if you don't like, that's fine with us, just don't moan about it, go play another game

Exactly, Assain's had much more pride and courage. They actaully went into a battle and fought it, they didn't leave a bomb and detonate it somewhere else. That's what a coward would do, and it's also sloppy work. Like mrsmooth said, they only killed who they needed to, they kept innocent people out of it.

OH_DragonBoy
06-23-2006, 09:32 AM
DO NOT FEED THE TROLL
http://uplink.space.com/attachments/270850-DoNotFeedTroll.jpg

yavanna_1986
06-23-2006, 10:12 AM
This.is.just.a.freakin'.game. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Yes, I want to play an assassin, a murderer, a convict... a hero... whatever... it's just for fun. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

VTAssault
06-23-2006, 12:35 PM

What people dont seem to realize, is that honor and pride is only in your head. It might be shared, but not by everyone.

I myself am a passive-aggressive person. Ill sit there and talk smack and threats, but ive never personally got into a real fight.

But i can tell you that if i did, i would have no problems hitting low and kicking them while their down.

I have no problem with this, because of a couple of things.

1: Im smaller than most people. And im not really much of an exercise buff (though i might become one) So im almost always out powered.

2: Due to early highschool trauma, my brain does NOT function in a duly respectable way. Meaning that, i dont like most people, and want to hurt them in many many ways.

3: I beleive in a Total War type of fighting. If you started it, then you, your friends, you aquaintances, and your dog, are all involved and shall be duly punished in accordance to your actions.

If you've ever played Jade Empire, remember the fighting style Legendary Strike? Go play some JE and use that fighting style, make sure to watch where you kick. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

XFunc_CaRteR
06-23-2006, 01:45 PM
What rot?

Soldiers today fight in uniforms. That's not fighting dirty. What is fighting dirty is welcoming someone into your home, listening to him try to help you then, when he's not looking, hitting him in the head with an axe. (An event happened recently with a young Canadian community-relations officer in Afghanistan.)

As I say again: if you're going to do a game about assassins, at least be honest: reveal that the main character LIKES to kill. He enjoys it. That and he's been brainwashed by the cult he belongs to. This freedom-of-choice stuff is rot.

I think the next game up for this company is one where you're one of those nice, sensitive serial killers. I mean, if we're going to adopt the same sympathizing framework.

princeofyo
06-23-2006, 03:00 PM
If you had even watched the trailer, you would have seen Altair close one of the guards eyes after he killed him.

If that's not respect then what is...(besides not killing the guy of course)

illumni.
06-23-2006, 03:27 PM
Soldiers today fight in uniforms. That's not fighting dirty.

Those in uniforms can still fight dirty.

What is fighting dirty is welcoming someone into your home, listening to him try to help you then, when he's not looking, hitting him in the head with an axe. (An event happened recently with a young Canadian community-relations officer in Afghanistan.)

That's not fighting, that's murder.

As I say again: if you're going to do a game about assassins, at least be honest: reveal that the main character LIKES to kill. He enjoys it. That and he's been brainwashed by the cult he belongs to. This freedom-of-choice stuff is rot.

I'm sure you have a reason for your shallow opinion but it's not a must for him to enjoy killing, all he needs is a cause that he believes is important enough. Plus like you've been told, it's a game, he is what they make him.

FableB
06-23-2006, 06:43 PM
have you heard of something called history before...it was written through the history that these assassins did assassin to free the Holy Land for God's sake.....nobody enjoys killing...only sick people..and those wouldnt worry about freeing the Holy Land would they?...

Teh_Stumpy
06-23-2006, 08:05 PM
Now I can understand that you're a troll, and, as such, lack any basic level of common sense, but here's the idea for you.

The time period in this game is the Crusades. In this beautiful period in history, there's a whole lotta killin' going on, because the leaders of Christianity and Islam have decided that enough offenses have been committed by the other side that it justifies going to war.

Enter the Hashshashin, a group of which the protagonist is a member. This organization, at this point in history, is busy trying to end the crusades by killing leaders on both sides that are perpetuating the conflict. Your targets include both Crusader leaders and Muslim leaders who are deemed by the organization to be responsible for the conflict. So what the Hashshashin is actually doing is using very concentrated acts of violence in order to stop the greater conflict.

So in terms of where they stand, Christian vs. Muslim, they're actually a third party that is trying to stop the conflict altogether. So they really are completely unrelated to groups such as the Al Qaeda terrorist organization by anything other than being Middle Eastern Muslims. They aren't making war on civillians, they aren't engaging in wanton slaughter, they're using a small amount of force to stop both sides from fighting.

DeSolo118
06-23-2006, 11:29 PM
In light of the title in this thread, I would just like to say that you should do some research into the crusades. Some of the things the christians did were horrible. They killed entire towns just because they weren't Christian. Plus, I don't know if you remember when the war in Iraq was relatively new, our "honorable, uniform wearing" soldiers tortured prisoners of war in gruesome manners. At least Altair and the assassins way back then didn't torture their victims or kill them from far away. They had the relative descency to kill their targets face to face or in close quarters and close their eyes after their target had died. How many soldiers do that now a days. so have fun being a crusader! Killing innocent lives just for thinking diferently then you!

on a lighter note I would just like to say that this is just a game and if I offend anyone here please feel free to retaliate..... IF YOU CAN!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif Mwuahahahahaha!!!

mrsmooth_840
06-24-2006, 02:39 AM
no, I agree absolutley, being an agnostic and all, I believe that christianity's teachings are for greater good, you know, the ten commandments, but never should religion be a cause of war!

FableB
06-24-2006, 11:04 AM
I'm really delighted that some of you really now what the truth is...anyway I have a feeling that this thread will turn into a religious argument so I think the mods should close it...

zgubilici
06-24-2006, 11:42 AM
If the discussions are conducted in a civilized manner, this thread can stay open - if we see arguments, flaming and the sorts the thread will be closed - fair warning.

Joker1287
06-24-2006, 10:44 PM
Yup, those Crusaders were swell guys. They could do no wrong, it was only those who opposed them that acted in immoral and gruesome ways... Just ask them. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

As an Atheist I find it quite enjoyable to research religions, and well, each Crusade seems to be a bit of a black eye to the religion they represented.

There is one thing that I like to do when not studying different things, and that is playing video games. And speaking of video games, this just so happened to be one of the games I will be buying. Now isn't that a pickle... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

mrsmooth_840
06-25-2006, 08:27 AM
yeah, christianity(or at least the idiots who tried to screw it up in the medievil ages) is a bit hypocritical(not sure if that's a real word), preaching peace and love, but then decide to brutally massacre people of a different collour. now THAT would be a reason to become a profesional killer. at least these guy's had a cause to kill for

DeSolo118
06-25-2006, 04:06 PM
I actually found it quite funny that Jesus (I think he was a great man who should not have been killed) who preached about peace, has had more people die and kill in his name then anyone in history. Even more then Hitler.

Sandwarrior1990
06-25-2006, 05:06 PM
The assassins are killing people to get to the main goal in the end, right?
So I doubt that they enjoyed killing people and having lots of near death experiences, but they would have done it anyway to get closer to that goal.
Duno if there is a goal or anything, but hey http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

celtic_briton
06-26-2006, 02:16 PM
how dare you say you want to be a crusader, playing the murderer is much more fun i suggest you play a game called knight templer for the ps2 its like 7.00 you are so weird to complain about this game its brilliant

darkalias911
06-27-2006, 11:17 PM
Damn rite I want to play as Altair!! Who doesnt want to play as a mad killer!? I mean come on! It's soo awesome.

Illuminate1992
06-29-2006, 01:16 PM
1) Its a game.
2) What a waste of a thread http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif
3) ITS A GAME

Tlepolemus7
07-01-2006, 04:29 PM
Forgive me for not getting a quote, I'm too tired for that, but in regards to the "They don't fight dirty, they wear uniforms" comment:

Wearing a uniform doesn't affect the efficiency of the modern soldier, and thats the only reason they wear them. A uniform often helps root out bad guys in tough situations. It would be very difficult and time consuming to disguise yourself and go house to house and try to figure out who is a good guy and who is a bad guy. It is much easier to wear a uniform and have the bad guys show themselves by shouting at you, throwing rocks, grenades, bullets, etc. Then, using your much more efficient firepower, you can shoot back and dominate all kinds of ***. Or, if you decide the risk is too high, you can just report back to your CO and get a bomber to quickly fly over and dominate every kind of ***.

I think the modern military is awesome, I love the way they do things, I love the way they operate, I love that everything they do is all about cold hard efficiency. But I don't try to beleive any kind of illusion that they fight fair or honorably. Total War can be fought with or without uniforms, it just so happens that currently, it is more advantageous to fight with them.