PDA

View Full Version : Hellcat cockpit still a placeholder ?

MBot
11-30-2004, 09:34 AM
Are there any chances that the Hellcat will get a "good" cockpit in the comming patch ? As I remeber, many damaged cockpits of various planes are missing and are planned to be added in the big patch. Now by looking at the quality of the F6F I wonder if this is still a placeholder too.

I play full real exclusivly and spend 99% of my flying time looking at the cockpit. Quality is therefore very important for me. I tend to fly those planes that have nice pits ( good quality ) and leave the others aside. I realy like the Hellcat and would love to fly it more often, but it's cockpit just looks so poore that I can't keep flying it for too long...

The differences in cockpit quality is realy very big in PF. They range from the ultra high ones ( I-185, Gladiator, Ki-61 ), the very good ones ( most USAAF, Ki-84 and more ) to medicore till poor ( Zeros, Spits and most USN fighters ).
I think it is a pitty that not more attention has been payed on constant quality here.

I hope quality controll will get tighter for the future pits. Until then I still have very much fun with the planes that look good http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

MBot
11-30-2004, 09:34 AM
Are there any chances that the Hellcat will get a "good" cockpit in the comming patch ? As I remeber, many damaged cockpits of various planes are missing and are planned to be added in the big patch. Now by looking at the quality of the F6F I wonder if this is still a placeholder too.

I play full real exclusivly and spend 99% of my flying time looking at the cockpit. Quality is therefore very important for me. I tend to fly those planes that have nice pits ( good quality ) and leave the others aside. I realy like the Hellcat and would love to fly it more often, but it's cockpit just looks so poore that I can't keep flying it for too long...

The differences in cockpit quality is realy very big in PF. They range from the ultra high ones ( I-185, Gladiator, Ki-61 ), the very good ones ( most USAAF, Ki-84 and more ) to medicore till poor ( Zeros, Spits and most USN fighters ).
I think it is a pitty that not more attention has been payed on constant quality here.

I hope quality controll will get tighter for the future pits. Until then I still have very much fun with the planes that look good http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

TheGozr
11-30-2004, 09:59 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

DarthBane_
11-30-2004, 10:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MBot:

I hope quality controll will get tighter for the future pits. Until then I still have very much fun with the planes that look good http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly the thing that bothers me most. I tried hellcat looked around and qickly pressed quit. Same with Val,Sbd,Zero,p47 all Rusian planes with i185 exeption. FM-s are great, maybe they will be even better, but some cockpits have such bad apearance. Well Gladiator, Ki61 and 84 and i185 are definitly the standard to folow. But we still get other cockpits that look like they came from original Il2. Time stoped for some designers it seems. Some serious texture repainting should be done.

Daiichidoku
11-30-2004, 11:11 AM
You tend to fly planes that have nice cockpits?
sorry, but HAHAHAHAAHA

If they put a nice flower arraingemnt in the G 50, would you fly that?

P.S., stay away from the I-185...it has a virtual cockpit with uncomfortable throttle lever.....it IS a type weakness, you know http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

MBot
11-30-2004, 11:49 AM
I spend all my flying time looking at the cockpit, so what is wrong if I prefer looking at quality rather than poor workmanship ?
Btw, I am taking about model and texture quality.

Blackjack174
11-30-2004, 12:42 PM
btw what on earth happened to the Brewster b-239 cockpit ? the lower part just under the revi is messed up badly http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

RocketDog
11-30-2004, 02:57 PM
The Hellcat is a bit odd. The side rails where the canopy slides are great, the cockpit framing is OK (but not as good as the Wildcat), the instrument dashboard is a hopeless smudgy mess and the yellow gunk on the windows is simply baffling. How could that have made it into the finished game?

I agree with some of the posts above. I really wanted to spend time flying the Hellcat, the extrernal model is great but the cockpit is so poor compared to the Wildcat and Corsair that I mostly use it as AI. A great shame.

And let's politely pass over the P-47.

Regards,

RocketDog.

EDIT - to give praise where it's due, the I-185, Gladiator, Ki 43, 61 & 84, P-40s and the Beaufighter are all absolutely excellent and a pleasure to use.

Il2pongo
11-30-2004, 03:50 PM
Different strokes I guess.
I find the cockpit fine, I am glad to have the plane in the game and admire the work that went into it.
I could do without the baby poo on the windscreen though.