PDA

View Full Version : Houdini

Jex_TG
04-08-2005, 10:23 AM
He must fly fairly regularly. There's been a few times now that I've been coming around on his six and he just completely disappears from view - One minute he's there, the next minute just sky?

It just seems a funny coincidence that some guy leaves a server just as you're coming around on them.

Jex_TG
04-08-2005, 10:23 AM
He must fly fairly regularly. There's been a few times now that I've been coming around on his six and he just completely disappears from view - One minute he's there, the next minute just sky?

It just seems a funny coincidence that some guy leaves a server just as you're coming around on them.

plumps_
04-08-2005, 06:03 PM
Sometimes it's caused by a bad internet connection combined with strict server settings. These are the default settings in the conf.ini:

[MaxLag]
farMaxLagTime=10.0
nearMaxLagTime=2.0

I.e. the server will kick a player who has a bad connection after much shorter interruptions when he's close to an enemy than when he's flying alone.

So it's almost like you're the one who's kicking that person from the server by getting close to him because that's what makes the server punish him for his bad connection.

Cess-SGTRoc
04-08-2005, 06:09 PM
Yep, I have been seeing this more and more on servers. I will watch them climb and pull up after them and gone. No where to be found, then you will see the aircraft off fighting somewhere else.
Not lag not even close. And they are not being kicked. But it has just started in the last month or so, that is why I think it is a setting on a server that is doing this. And is causing issues with some users connection.

JunkoIfurita
04-08-2005, 07:49 PM
It's definitely a server setting...

I'm on a 512 DSL line, and in Australia. I get a 220 ping on most US servers, which is just below the border line. Lately, I've been getting kicked for high ping right in the middle of the action. I've had to reconnect again just to apologise for to the people about to shoot me down.