PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of IL2 for PS3, will any flight stick work?

bent_toe
01-23-2010, 07:40 PM
Seen a few good ones, but does all flight sticks work, even if most of them are made for pc?
It dosent say "works with PS3" on the box.. but one thinks it should work as long as you can re-bind controls from the game options.. anyone know?

bent_toe
01-23-2010, 07:40 PM
Seen a few good ones, but does all flight sticks work, even if most of them are made for pc?
It dosent say "works with PS3" on the box.. but one thinks it should work as long as you can re-bind controls from the game options.. anyone know?

Sokol__1
01-23-2010, 07:51 PM
No, PC stick don't work with consoles.

You need a specific PC/Console stick, I know these:

Thrustmaster T.Flight Stick X PS3/PC
Saitek Aviator PS3/PC (note that this one have versions for Xbox and for PC only, too).

Sokol1

fordfan25
01-24-2010, 02:56 AM
sitek makes one. but i strongly recommend not getting this game. i found it complete trash and refuse to support it. but if youv tried it and like it ......then i beg you not to get the game! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

bent_toe
01-24-2010, 12:27 PM
Is it up to the developers to include wich ones thier game support?
Strange that not all of them work.. it's usb plugNplay.

pogobbler
01-25-2010, 05:51 PM
It is silly, to my mind, that any plug-n-play stick wouldn't work. At any rate, though, I'd avoid the game or, at least, download the free demo of it before you actually purchase the game. I love the IL2 series, but found the PS3 version to be a pale imitation if you're used to the real thing at all. Not to mention that, though it's possible I might have missed just how, with the standard Sony controller, I couldn't find a way to look around, I was stuck in the straight ahead view. So, be sure to download and try the demo first.

na85
01-25-2010, 06:23 PM
Get il2 for the PC instead.

PS3 is garbage.

Stiletto-
01-25-2010, 08:17 PM
PS3 isnt garbage, it is good for watching movies. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Frankthetank36
01-25-2010, 09:22 PM
My friend has this on his Xbox and it's actually a pretty fun game, it just tries to cater somewhat to newbies and isn't quite the simulator that 1946 is (namely, you jump straight into the action and don't have to worry about takeoff, landing, and controls like CEM). Not as realistic as the PC version, to be sure, but it would be nice if there were more games like this since they would definitely draw more people into the genre.