PDA

View Full Version : Some Schweinhund ripping me off

Sgt_Starbuck
07-15-2005, 10:09 PM
(SP?) I pay for acoustic torpedos and then only get one. Love those things. Anybody ever get hit by their own like it says in the manual?

Sarge

RedTerex
07-16-2005, 01:27 AM
I havent read-up much about the use of acoustic torps but I'll bet that once one was fired the Captain ordered silent running or even " ALL STOP " to prevent a home goal.

CannonFodda_99
07-16-2005, 01:33 AM
I think they dove (dived?) deeper as well to avoid the odd one that circled back.

Cannon

maxpower2
07-16-2005, 01:46 AM
nowadays weapons have a "run to enable".

weapon doesnt search until it goes a certain distance.

alot of times a weapon is also confined by how far it can turn. usually given a corridor through which it can only turn so far around before shutting down.

stinkhammer6
07-17-2005, 06:23 PM
How are you paying for an acoustic? I go to start a mission and hand out my medals ect and then look to see if I have any new upgrades and find Im loaded with like 6 of those worthless things and even more electric ones. I have to sit there and remove all acoustic and electric fish and replace them with the good old steam operated ones. Im in mid 42 and still only take steam fish, never failed me yet.

GT182
07-17-2005, 07:10 PM
I've always done it the same as you Stinky but now that I've reached mid 43 and on into July of 44 I can't do it that way anymore. I gets what I gets no matter what I pick. Not sure if the patch caused not being able to keep what you choose or not. It is a bit frustrating tho.

Don't knock the acousticle torpedos. They've saved my boat's bacon a couple of times. I'm not crazy about them but from now on I'm not complaining. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Sgt_Starbuck
07-17-2005, 09:04 PM
I've just been clicking on them. Didn't know you could drag it over.

Sarge

Ravenspire1
07-17-2005, 09:19 PM
Iam in late januari 44 now and i allways load up my IXC 108 fully whit only acustics V torps before i leave port.

They are electric and speed of 24 knots and they make things much easier.

Ive never miss a ship that i fire a torp against as long the range is over 300 meters.

They even homing on slow merchant ships at 6-7 knots speed.

But best part is that its so easy to take out thos destroyers now.

I use to fire them at 2000 meters range, then i lower my scope and if the destroyer havent detected me they travel in speed of 11-12 knots.
Easier if they travel slow if the torp miss is initial run so it can turn and catch up the destroyer.

Today on a mission a stumbled upon a taskforce.
Nelson and a carrier, guarded by 7 destroyers.

I came in range of 2500 meters and fired 2 torps at Nelson and 2 at the carrier.
Turned my boat so i could shoot from the stern.
2 more shoot at 2 approaching destroyers.

All torps was a hit. I crippled Nelson (shoot of his props) And also the carrier so it only could move in speed of 4 knots.
Sunk 2 destroyers also on my initial attack.

Then when i had loaded 3 fore tubs i turned my boat in position and gave 1 shoot at another destroyer that sunk like a stone and 1 torp at the carrier that also sunk.

Then i had to crasch dive, and play cat and mouce for a while whit 4 remaining destroyers.

They managed to get some eggs on me so my boat took damage and i had some critical flooding.

Dived down to 230 meters depth whit hull at 80% after i stopped the flooding.

It was a thrill and exitment when i was at 230 meters depth and the hull squeeked badly.

I managed to sneak away from them by dropping a few decoys

After a while the destroyers gave up and i started to climb up to periscope depth.

And when i raised my scoope i saw Nelson heavely damaged just 600 meters from me.

2 more torps was needed before Nelson sank so total 4 torps on him http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

And all this whit only acoustic V torps. And they saved my day at this battle. If i didnt had them i would never be able to hit thos destroyers.

Then i sent a patrol report and thought, hey now i must get some real good credits for this.

I waited patiently for the respons and when it come.
YaY they BDU can really put moral to the uboat men. ----- Keep up the good work -----. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Faamecanic
07-18-2005, 02:01 PM
I know I WONT be trading my accoustics again!! I had two DDs on my butt (going for a Carrier!). I fire one electric from bow tubes (all the rest were empty) then I fired a electric at one (both from Stern) and the Acoustic at the other. My bow Torp Hit one DD and blew him up. My SECOND electric MISSED!!...but lo and behold the Acoustic that was heading to DD one (now 3/4 down in the water on even keel) SWITCHED targets and HIT DD no. 2!!!!!!! WOOO -HOOO I love these new torps!

stinkhammer6
07-18-2005, 03:22 PM
Well, benefits of not following suit and updating to the latest patch, good ole reliable 1.3!! I get to choose my loadout of fish, just tried the type 3 electric, those things are still giant heaps of wasted space. Ill try taking perhaps one acoustic since others seem to rave about them and toss it in tube 4.

Yes sarge just click on the fish you want to remove and replace then go over to the names of the fish on the left side and double click it, it will ask if you are sure, click yes and you swapped out that torpedo. Im now at the latter end of 42 about to push into 43 either today or tomorrow, still waiting on some other fish to try out, my type 7 is maxed out and needs some more anti enemy paint.

Sgt_Starbuck
07-18-2005, 08:28 PM
I'll try it again.

Sarge

stinkhammer6
07-18-2005, 08:57 PM
Success?

Sgt_Starbuck
07-18-2005, 10:31 PM
Success! Thanks. I've been going with a loadout that I clicked on and sometimes they would appear in my tubes. This makes this sim even better.

Sarge

stinkhammer6
07-19-2005, 04:26 AM
Just so you know, sometime in late 41 youll check your tubes and see its what you want, when you roll out, youll find half of your harpoons being acoustic, that chapped my buns quick when I wiggled into a convoy and they were bouncing or missing since they move like molasses up hill in winter time. Just keep an eye out for that to happen, Im currently at Brest so if you are in the same pod, watch it when you leave port near the end of 41, youll get a loadout you never will want.

Sgt_Starbuck
07-19-2005, 07:16 AM
I went from 40-44 a couple of times and never had that happen. I'm adjusting my loadouts for every voyage now that I know I can.

Sarge

stinkhammer6
07-19-2005, 08:05 PM
Ok FAA? You sold me on giving the acoustics a shot, well I took out two figuring that if I find one dont work like I have read on here, I can use the last one for a wounded ship moving at 1 knots. Well I just left brest and was in BF19 when a destroyer spotted me and moved in. I dove and raised the scope, 2300m out I locked the target and fired the acoustic. A minute later I see the back end blow up then the whole thing stop and then exploded and sunk. I was like SWEEEEEEEEEEEET!!! Finding the new confidence in taking on the random DD that somehow pops out of no where behind you, I move onto patrol my zone, two clicks later I run into another DD firing at me, I repeated the process and seen the back end explode but the ship stopped, I watched it for a while and it wasnt moving. I moved in although it was pinging me to death and I knew help was on its way I shot a stern at it and heard the engines wind up but it wasnt moving. I blew the charges off the back of the ship and the propellers and the rudders so it was dead in the water, it got to see its doom coming with a nice bubble making steam torpedo set on slow and shallow.

Yeah Im taking at least two of those suckers from now on, I just have to remember to not use their tubes to try and sink a tanker since it will miss every time lol.

Ravenspire1
07-19-2005, 08:29 PM
Since they are acoustics they go for the largest noice. And that is the aft of the boat or the props. I tend to hit the DD 50% at the props and blow them away and if iam lucky the boat sinks whit one torp.

But sometimes it takes 1 more torp to sink them but they are easy prey whitout thier props http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I even use thos acoustics against merchants whit 99% sucess rate. They even homing in to a crippled merchant that move whit 3-4 knots only.

But there is a risk of overkill also whit them.

On a patrol i was up against a convoy.

I fired all 4 forward tubes as fast i could get target data for new targets. But i fired them to close to each other so they all 4 went after a poor DD that got hit by all 4 and sunk whit in a second. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

So tip is: dont fire them to close after each other. Let them build up some distances between each other or spread them out in a wider angle or they will go for one target even if you have selected other targets.

Sgt_Starbuck
07-19-2005, 08:56 PM
I like them against a smart **** DD coming to kill me. He's alone. I fire at him and go to ahead slow while underwater. 9 times out of 10 it will find him. WooHoo!! Now we need something against all of those airplanes.

Sarge

stinkhammer6
07-19-2005, 10:27 PM
You do, use your flak guns LOL. I said this in another thread, if you got a sailor named Adolph Bahn, toss him on the flak, that dude will swat down planes like no tomorrow, I maxed his medals and promotions out before I did a couple of my petty officers, that dude rocks on the flak guns.

Or we can get a couple of V2 rockets and mount them in front of the con for those pesky planes.

Sgt_Starbuck
07-20-2005, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by stinkhammer6:
You do, use your flak guns LOL. I said this in another thread, if you got a sailor named Adolph Bahn, toss him on the flak, that dude will swat down planes like no tomorrow, I maxed his medals and promotions out before I did a couple of my petty officers, that dude rocks on the flak guns.

Or we can get a couple of V2 rockets and mount them in front of the con for those pesky planes.

LOL! I think that Herbert Anderson is my swatter. Went 6 for 6 once but if those bombers hit you it's usually the end of the mission (good thing I save).

Sarge