PDA

View Full Version : Should i buy it or no? PC version

jackflash223
07-03-2009, 06:50 PM
So i was checking out new games, there really isnt much out there at this time. There is only a select few that caught my eye, Call of Juarez, prototype ect. I seen CoJ got good reviews and a good metascore on steam, but i came here and seen most people dislike the PC version. SO what do you guys think i played the original i remember liking it but cant really remember much of it.

The biggest issue here is multiplayer im looking for a good MULTIPLAYER game the most of all. Thanks for your replies and opinions.

jackflash223
07-03-2009, 06:50 PM
So i was checking out new games, there really isnt much out there at this time. There is only a select few that caught my eye, Call of Juarez, prototype ect. I seen CoJ got good reviews and a good metascore on steam, but i came here and seen most people dislike the PC version. SO what do you guys think i played the original i remember liking it but cant really remember much of it.

The biggest issue here is multiplayer im looking for a good MULTIPLAYER game the most of all. Thanks for your replies and opinions.

Doc.Canis
07-03-2009, 07:02 PM
If you want to play it safe, then buy a PS3 and get the game on blue ray.

Haven't tried the PC game, but the PS3 version is pure brilliance.

Hakgova
07-03-2009, 07:13 PM
I have the PC version and it is very good. Been playing the single player which I hear is pretty short (seven hours) and some multiplayer but just with my son. Both are loads of fun. I can't imagine playing this on a console as you need to be pretty quick in multiplayer. That is not saying it doesn't have some flaws. Like MP doesn't have a way to create your own password protected server. If I were you I would pick it up.

dariusjulian
07-03-2009, 08:01 PM
No don't buy it unless you want to play single player. This is the second Ubisoft FPS game I have bought now that has ****ed me on the multiplayer aspect. Connection issues constantly. Haven't gotten a full game in yet.

borntoexpire
07-03-2009, 08:41 PM
Don't buy, consolized, over simplified hand holding sums it up best. Big let down from the excellent original.

if you want good multiplayer buy Arma 2 insted.

Billy_The_Kid64
07-04-2009, 02:33 AM
The game is really fun, I dont know what all these people are talking about, I have the PC Version, Havent had any issues. Though it is a bit addicting.

If you love a good FPS then get it.

Doc.Canis
07-04-2009, 02:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by borntoexpire:
Don't buy, consolized, over simplified hand holding sums it up best. Big let down from the excellent original.

if you want good multiplayer buy Arma 2 insted. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The exellent original? That has to be one of the most delusional post I've read here. The original was absolutely horrible compared to Bound in Blood... as reviews also show.

Stop being such a drama queen just because you may have a few issues with the game yourself.

sleepingcobra
07-04-2009, 03:22 AM
I have played a lot of multiplayer matches and have had very few issues. I think this game is definitely worth a pick up. For no other reason, it throws a nice twist into all the Alien/Robot/Super Marine/World War multiplayer games out there that feel a little tired. Go get it and enjoy some Old West action!

ZZephan
07-04-2009, 03:26 AM
Well if you ask me, the single player is great (maybe not counting the stagecach escape part). It runs smooth, even no my not the best PC. Altou multiplayer seems a bit problematic, I hope they will fix the connection issues and lobby server problems soon and it will be good too.

Billy_The_Kid64
07-04-2009, 09:35 AM
They already are fixing the multiplayer in a two weeks we will have dedicated servers and if you havent got the chance to get on the Beta Dedicated servers you should try. You never get disconnected, booted, or anything. There is no lag either.

borntoexpire
07-04-2009, 11:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Doc.Canis:
The exellent original? That has to be one of the most delusional post I've read here. The original was absolutely horrible compared to Bound in Blood... as reviews also show.

Stop being such a drama queen just because you may have a few issues with the game yourself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually the metacritic average is 72 for the original, and 81 for Bound in Blood, a 72 average is hardly "horrible". Again, the original was a incredible experience on PC and most likely a shoody port to console.

Are you playing the PC or the console version? If you haven't played the PC version please keep your opinions to yourself as your talking from your ***.

Doc.Canis
07-04-2009, 12:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by borntoexpire:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Doc.Canis:

Stop being such a drama queen just because you may have a few issues with the game yourself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually the metacritic average is 72 for the original, and 81 for Bound in Blood, a 72 average is hardly "horrible". Again, the original was a incredible experience on PC and most likely a shoody port to console.

Are you playing the PC or the console version? If you haven't played the PC version please keep your opinions to yourself as your talking from your ***. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course I have the PC version. It was only ported to 360 and I never had one of those.

The billy missions were stupid at best in my opinion. The online play was very simple and boring. I did enjoy the ray missions a lot, but quite frankly I hated the billy levels so much. Some of the jumping puzzles were awful as well.

if the original got 71, then this one deserves a score way over 100... it's A LOT better than the original.

But still it's quite silly to say the original was better than this one...

DrImpossible
07-04-2009, 12:45 PM
Best shooter I've ever played. I've been playing on MP for a good 3 days now, it was pretty bad at first but now the only thing I can complain about is not having a Posse or Manhunt server up with a slot open http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

s-a-l-t-y
07-04-2009, 01:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DrImpossible:
Best shooter I've ever played. I've been playing on MP for a good 3 days now, it was pretty bad at first but now the only thing I can complain about is not having a Posse or Manhunt server up with a slot open http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's because you keep kicking my ***! :P

AceBandage1975
07-04-2009, 03:00 PM
I have the PC version and it's been a blast! Played 40+ multiplayer matches which isn't a ton but enough to know that I really enjoy the game. Once the dedicated server files get shared with the community this game will be rock solid. If they could add voice chat that would be great but I usually use xfire for chatting with friends anyway.

Best regards,
AB