PDA

View Full Version : Help me with sonar..please

BNR-SH3
03-24-2005, 01:22 AM
I don't understand why I can't use the sonar or hydraphone when surfaced? Is the realistic and true? Or am I doing something wrong?

And sometimes when at periscope depth, I don't get any sonar reflections on the map although there where plenty of ships when I surfaced. I then press the sonar officer, and press the normal sweep, and nothing happens, no reply from him or anything, the same thing with the follow nearest.. just nothing. It happens maybe 1 out of 10 times.. In the begining I thought it was because of an inexperienced sonar officer, but that does not seems to have any influence as far as I see it.

Can someone help me understanding this.. thanx in advance.

BNR-SH3
03-24-2005, 01:22 AM
I don't understand why I can't use the sonar or hydraphone when surfaced? Is the realistic and true? Or am I doing something wrong?

And sometimes when at periscope depth, I don't get any sonar reflections on the map although there where plenty of ships when I surfaced. I then press the sonar officer, and press the normal sweep, and nothing happens, no reply from him or anything, the same thing with the follow nearest.. just nothing. It happens maybe 1 out of 10 times.. In the begining I thought it was because of an inexperienced sonar officer, but that does not seems to have any influence as far as I see it.

Can someone help me understanding this.. thanx in advance.

TASKFORCE1x1
03-24-2005, 09:50 AM
If you have the hydraphone and the periscope aimed at the target at the same time then you can use the sonar ping to get range to target. You know how to use the manual wheel? Just use mouse and place over the handles of the hydraphone wheel and click to move in either direction.