PDA

View Full Version : Playing AC1 Again

medcsu11
08-11-2011, 08:33 PM
I havent played this game since it was released (seriously) and it is really enjoyable to play in non Italian cities and see this world all over again - years after first seeing them.

Anyhow, figured I'd share this if it has equally been a long time for another as it is (albeit repetitive) enjoyable to play it again knowing what we know will come with Ezio and his story.

On a side note, I found this song from AC2 and figured I would share it as it is a fantastic mixture of AC2 and ACB with my two favorite songs (Enjoy):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...=channel_video_title (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUpOCDMIaL8&feature=channel_video_title)

xCr0wnedNorris
08-11-2011, 09:08 PM
It is pretty cool to replay it with the knowledge that we have now, because now we notice the small details in the story because they have such a huge impact later on.

In terms of environment submersion, not so much. I've always thought the cities in AC1 to be a bit bland and dull, but that's just my personal opinion.

LightRey
08-12-2011, 04:18 AM
When I was replaying AC1 I realized just how many things they improved in AC2 and ACB. It made me appreciate them more.

Jexx21
08-12-2011, 05:15 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
When I was replaying AC1 I realized just how many things they improved in AC2 and ACB. It made me appreciate them more.

People tend to look at AC1 with rose-tinted glasses sometimes.

For me, I started the Assassin's Creed Series either May or early June. And I finished sometime in July. So I could see the improvements in each game easily.

Keith.El
08-12-2011, 08:43 AM
I own AC1 and have started it but can't bring myself to continue it. I think the problem is that I was introduced to the series when I randomnly picked up AC2 and played that and loved it. AC1 just seems so repetitive in comparison. Maybe I should give it another try?

Dralight
08-12-2011, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Keith.El:
I own AC1 and have started it but can't bring myself to continue it. I think the problem is that I was introduced to the series when I randomnly picked up AC2 and played that and loved it. AC1 just seems so repetitive in comparison. Maybe I should give it another try?

I can see what you mean considering how much of an improvement AC2 was to AC1. Having said that i personally still think it's a brilliant game and it's definitely worth considering trying it again.

LightRey
08-12-2011, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Dralight:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keith.El:

I can see what you mean considering how much of an improvement AC2 was to AC1. Having said that i personally still think it's a brilliant game and it's definitely worth considering trying it again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I agree. Just skip things like collecting all the flags and killing all the templars. They don't add much to the experience anyways.

LionHeart XXII
08-12-2011, 11:21 AM
so starting on the 15th of August im going to start replaying all the games as my count down to revelations. Im going to give my self a month to play each game, so ill play AC1 from Aug. 15th to Sep. 15th. Then i will play AC2 from Sep. 15th to Oct. 15th etc...One way that i have found to increase the enjoyability of AC1 is by taking off all the hud. By not having a compass, or your sync bar, it creates that since of intuition that you have to have while playing. Also, its really fun traveling while in the kingdom when you have to look for the signs that point you towards the city you wanna go to. but yeah, i would try that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

dchil279
08-12-2011, 12:05 PM
In terms of environment submersion, not so much. I've always thought the cities in AC1 to be a bit bland and dull, but that's just my personal opinion.
Part of that is just because it's the middle ages and it was a dull and bland time period.

itsamea-mario
08-12-2011, 01:37 PM
I sometimes go back to play AC1, and still to this day I think it's an amazing game, I think the atmosphere is amazing, the combat brutal and realistic, the story intriguing and the graphics exceptional considering the date.

The only time it gets irritating is if I play just after playing AC2 or B then the climbing and freerunning feels a little slow.

But it's still probably my favourite, and that ain't just nostalgia talking.

Animuses
08-12-2011, 03:02 PM
I love AC, I played the hell out of it before AC2 came out. I didn't even replay the story much back then, I just traveled through cities killing guards and templars and randomly finding flags. It also satisfied when killing beggars and the insane. "Please sir, can I have some money?" I then proceed to climb a building and the b*tch has the audacity to throw rocks at me... and now she dies.
I loved the combat, still do. I love hearing, the guards screaming in pain before the finally dying and seeing Altair's expressions while killing.
It didn't bother me until I read it in the forums, but Ezio's blank face while fighting is not only boring, but seems unrealistic.
AC2 is still is the best and my favorite, but going back to the dark times of Altair will always be fun.

SleezeRocker
08-12-2011, 04:21 PM
Sure AC1 seems repetitive, but I grown to respect it alot more now since, Hey!, it's what started it! lol

I actually did my fair share of "Tribute Gaming" (Playing a game series from start 1 building up for the pcoming new release) for Assassin's Creed; Played from AC1-Brotherhood, inlcuding bloodlines, just anticipating for Revelations. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

-On a side note also tribute gamed for Resident Evil (For RE:Racoon City), Zelda, and Uncharted.
If I could Silent Hill...but Only have SH1 for the PS1/P but I read that there is SH collection coming for PS3/360 in october inlcuding SH1-3 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif