PDA

View Full Version : What should I do now?

UncleReiben
05-21-2005, 07:14 PM
I don't like the feeling of helplessness this situation is banging me with...

I am on the way home from a patrol and ran into a C2 and Liberty Cargo... I had one eel left in the aft tube so I decided to chance it... I got myself in position and fired it with a magnetic setting and it detonated under the center of the ship.. dealing a good amount of damage... the liberty now has a heavy list and is limping along at 1 knot

I am out of torpedo's now just shadowing the limping bastard and I can't use my deck gun to finish it off because the wind speed is exactly 7m/s... which looks dumb because the ocean is rendered pretty calm, the waves don't break on top of the deck at all and my depth is staying constant with only +/- 1m variance at most

needless to say the situation looks pretty silly...I'll be ****ed if I let this bugger get away from me but I don't know if/when the wind will die a measley 1m/s so I can do something about it...

what should I do about this?

Baldricks_Mate
05-22-2005, 07:10 AM
The news is - not much. You can shadow & hope the weather calms but I don't like your chances. It's time to go home.

PS Don't try ramming it in desperation...

The Avon Lady
05-22-2005, 07:59 AM
I would try shadowing it at periscope depth or surfaced at a distance undetected, use time compression and what for the weather to clear up.

However, I'd call off the hunt if it starts luring me into destroyers.