PDA

View Full Version : Will we be able to pick it up the 13th or 14th?

zeldapsychology
10-20-2007, 07:35 AM
Take Super Mario Galaxy its release is Nov. 12th and my Gamestop will have it for pick up on the 13th do you think the same will happen for Assassin's Creed? (release 13th pick up 14th.) (U.S.)

T_Spoon_UK
10-20-2007, 08:46 AM
If its Release date is the 13th then im guessing the 13th...
>_>

Howler13
10-20-2007, 09:17 AM
IF the release date is in fact the 13th, most retailers won't actually have it until the 14th. But if the store decides to do a midnight release, they will have it the 12th (so they can begin selling it at midnight on the 13th). Whether stores do a midnight release depends on how much hype is built around the game, and for places like EB Games and GameStop, they need a certain number of pre-orders.

RetiredHatch
10-20-2007, 09:44 AM
Super mario galaxy should be available the 12th it's street dated for the 12th not ship dated I think your gamestop employee folk are lying to you

Assassin's Creed on the other hand (if it has been ship dated for the 13th) then you will probably getting it the 14th because that's when they ship it to all the gamestops or EB games and so they will probably receive it noon the next day

zeldapsychology
10-20-2007, 11:36 AM
I reserved AC and Brawl and just the other day when I got an automated call saying Brawl was delayed I got told I could swith my pre order to Galaxy and pick it up on the 13th which is why I am asking about AC. Prime 3 was Aug.27th (Store sold 28th) Halo 3 Sept. 25th Sold Sept. 25th but the hype for Halo 3 was massive so two totally different experiences. (Hey maybe this'll be like Bioshock or Ratchet&Clank Future released a week early!!! LETS HOPE RIGHT?!!!!!) Also on aside not my Target has the 14th for Galaxy!!!

Photus
10-20-2007, 03:03 PM
Yeah, when I pre-ordered AC from Gamestop, they said it would be in on the 14th. So I'm guessing they won't have it on the 13th...

Zain0
10-20-2007, 03:06 PM
When I went to the Ebgames and pre-ordered the guy said 13th! lol

sweetlou280
10-20-2007, 07:33 PM
I just preordered mine today at gamestop, they said that this game IS big enough to open stores at midnight so they can start selling them ASAP...with the whole Super Mario Galaxy, there is no where even close to how many people following it...no one will wait up till 12 for the same kind of game that we all played on the N64. And don't even pull the "But this one is in space" you know that its the same game.

AP0LL0316
10-20-2007, 08:22 PM
i asked someone at my bestbuy and they said 14th and so does the website so im guessing thats when its for for here in the NE east coast USA

TeaJay1013
10-20-2007, 10:32 PM
If you've reserved it at an EB Games or GameStop, You will need to pick it up on the 14th. The date listed on the site and the date that some GA's will tell you is November 13th. This is known as the shipping date. If you ordered your game online with EB or Gamestop it is shipped to your address on the 13th and shipped to all of the stores as well. This means you will be able to pick it up on Wednesday, 14th of November.

When calling any GameStop or EB Games ask to speak to the manager on duty, they are more likely able to not screw up the dates with you. If you have any other questions about the difference betweeen Shipping Dates, Release Dates, and Street Dates... contact your local EB Games or GameStop store manager, asst. manager, senior GA, and about 25% of the GA's and they will explain how it works.

I hope that cleared things up....

sweetlou280
10-20-2007, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by teajay1013:
If you've reserved it at an EB Games or GameStop, You will need to pick it up on the 14th. The date listed on the site and the date that some GA's will tell you is November 13th. This is known as the shipping date. If you ordered your game online with EB or Gamestop it is shipped to your address on the 13th and shipped to all of the stores as well. This means you will be able to pick it up on Wednesday, 14th of November.

When calling any GameStop or EB Games ask to speak to the manager on duty, they are more likely able to not screw up the dates with you. If you have any other questions about the difference betweeen Shipping Dates, Release Dates, and Street Dates... contact your local EB Games or GameStop store manager, asst. manager, senior GA, and about 25% of the GA's and they will explain how it works.

I hope that cleared things up....

If i understood you correctly...I think that is a bunch of BS! If that were true than why did people wait up all night for Halo 3? Why didn't Bill Gates deliver the first game to some guy in Kentucky instead of being at the opening party? Cause the first purchase happens in the stores...if the game releases the 13th, then the people who ordered it to be shipped to their house will have to wait until it is delivered by the UPS guy, while me and a bunch of people who preordered it in the stores will be happily playing it.

fGuppy88
10-20-2007, 11:00 PM
The stores also rely on UPS or other shipping companies much like that. Then they store all of them up for the 14th because they are probably a little busy.

What he says is true.

TeaJay1013
10-21-2007, 12:48 PM
Assassin's Creed will be available for pick up on the 14th whenever the store's shipment comes in. The GameStop I work at gets their shipment around 11:30am-12:30pm.

I'm not here to argue, I'm just giving the facts. Some stores closer to the distribution company sending out the game will get the game early, so it is a possiblity that you can go in on the 13th at night (if the store has a night shipment) and pick it up, same goes for the morning.

However, most GameStops and EB Games won't get the game in until the 14th of November.

DeadCorpseAC
10-21-2007, 01:45 PM
I hope that the store where I pre-ordered it send me 13th Oct.

IHeartAC31565
10-21-2007, 02:08 PM
i refuse to agree with the 14th http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif if its coming out the 13th, y would they start selling it the 14th? thats bull. it comes out on the 13th so it can be sold on the 13th, if it was supposed to b sold the 14th, they would make the release date the 14th

fGuppy88
10-21-2007, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by IHeartAC31565:
i refuse to agree with the 14th http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif if its coming out the 13th, y would they start selling it the 14th? thats bull. it comes out on the 13th so it can be sold on the 13th, if it was supposed to b sold the 14th, they would make the release date the 14th

Some stores may sell them the 13th but a lot of stores will sell them the 14th.

IHeartAC31565
10-21-2007, 05:59 PM
ehhhh http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif not sure about that fGuppy

Subba_
10-21-2007, 06:27 PM
I believe it's available on the 15th in Canada.
>_>
Lucky me.