PDA

View Full Version : Tried farcry 2

Bothain
07-17-2011, 04:45 AM
Well since farcry 3 is coming out and i was behind the power curve i tried farcry 2, went infamous for a challenge, not that it made any difference, weapon damage is a joke, i loved how after an AS50 round or 3/4 of a mac10 clip hit, the npc's would get up and run away "its only a scratch!".

I made it to 65% and had to delete the game, what utter garbage, i mean, real garbage. So much bad to list i could make 8 paragraphs of crap, so boring so....omg i swear idiots made the game, glad it only cost me 9 bucks.

If they went to africa to immerse themselves before making the game then they did a poor job, seeing that was probably the only trip away from their cubicle they have ever seen, probably like going to disney land for them (laugh).

And these folks want people to preorder farcry 3?! Are they out of their minds? One thing that is a major game killer is the magic fairy dev dust that insta spawns npc's out of thin air, i saw this so much in Farcry 2 it made me want to puke. leave an area and within *seconds or a minute* npcs were respawning.

So i see in a farcry 3 trailer, the helo rescue or whatever, the same thing, insta spawning npcs from thin air, particularly the one shooting the helo down, utter bs. Pathetic on the rail story telling, and no, you cant go everywhere in Farcry 2 as they state, they say the same thing in 3.

Take your malaria and your pills and you know what to do Ubisoft. I just dont want to shell out any more money for your games, ugh.

Fireseed
07-17-2011, 05:07 AM
FarCry 2 is special kind of game. So not every player like this style of gameplay. For me, I love this game, ok the checkpoint system was not very well, and a few other things also. But as a FC Veteran its not a real problem for you. I own the Collectors Edition of FarCry 2 *proud* and I will buy FarCry 3 too.

Each to their own.

o0Kman0o
07-17-2011, 10:09 AM
FC2 Is not everyones Cup of tea, I mean the only people who like it are the people that have patients, can play a game by them self and Don't think Cod is the king of games... <- if you think it's boring it's because your making it boring. (spread your tatics, use new and old guns, pick up rusty guns and just try to make it fun)

Martythemerc
07-17-2011, 11:48 AM
Graill - Playing Far Cry 2 is like playing a game of chess - you play slow and methodical, analyse the enemy's strengths and weakness, you scout out the best way to take them out. You don't zip fast through a chess game. Those that buy games to play in 2-4 hours to "beat it", and brag they do - miss the whole point of immersive play. The first time I played FC2 - I had the sniper rifle and it took me 4 hours to carefully take out the "private property" crew - I was totally immersed like I was there. I've played 5 more times and have played quicker, and each time I play, I used different loadouts and methodology. In fact it's a new game every time. The game did have its irritants - yes, but the greater play out-weighed those irritating parts, and I looked to those as challenges that helped make play last longer.

FC2 is the most replayable game I've ever had, and will continue for years to come right alongside FC3, if it's billed as being better. Try playing the linear FC1 - it seems ancient after you play FC2, and is not replayable.

Oh, one more thing - TURN OFF the music and LISTEN to the sounds of the environment - you'll hear the enemy trying to sneak up on you too.

curtmantle
07-17-2011, 12:37 PM
No, we're not out of our minds that we're chomping at the bit for FC3. We don't all like the same games.

I hate the COD games... I find them immensely dull , but they sell in droves so clearly there's something good about them.

I know FC2 isn't everyone's cup of tea - and some people just won't get into it, and that's ok. But I and my FC2 compradres love it and are still playing it two and half years after release. To us, the fact that you don't get it is your loss.

joongooner
07-17-2011, 02:22 PM
i like far cry 2, except for the ****ty ending. but the map editor keeps the value of the game way up. i wish it was like far cry 1 and you could put npcs on the map.

k4Anarky2011
07-17-2011, 03:34 PM
Yeah, again, most people don't understand the bloody game

The thing about far cry 2 is that it plays AGAINST you, not with you.

Expect the unexpected. After a while playing that game on infamous, the only thing I can complain about it is that it was too easy.

If you want a challenge, try to actually plan out your attacks, try not to get shot, and practice preservation.

Don't play like a bloody wuss and complain, that's probably why you hate it

JEWEL8776
07-17-2011, 11:55 PM
i like farcry2 but having excessive playing the multiplayer mode single player is so boring & maps becomes too much familiar to me.... so farcry3 will be more thrilling in lan mode.. i hope

starcraft_719
07-20-2011, 12:10 AM
Farcry 2 is fun. And farcry 3 look awesome. But....

Why call them Farcry 2 and 3? They have nothing to do with Farcry 1, instincts and evolutions?

Why can't they call them ''FarCry cod edition'' and ''Farcry bear grylls with an AK edition''?

I see no problem with them making the games. I have a problem with them slandering the original franchise. Yes, the one with the mutants and super powered ******bags. I'm saying that the latest 'farcry' games are abominations, they are good and I enjoy playing them, but why pretend that they're the same games?

lil_morta_7
07-20-2011, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by o0Kman0o:
if you think it's boring it's because your making it boring. (spread your tatics, use new and old guns, pick up rusty guns and just try to make it fun)

LOL that's why I personally hate the game. I like games that are fun without too much effort. FC2 took EFFORT to have fun. Games aren't meant to be like that for me. I agree with the post leader.

starcraft_719
07-20-2011, 01:07 PM
Also, typo. I meant to say ''I'm NOT saying the latest games are abominations''

Ilovepho
07-20-2011, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by starcraft_719:
Also, typo. I meant to say ''I'm NOT saying the latest games are abominations''

why didnt you just edit your post ?

starcraft_719
07-20-2011, 04:14 PM
funny thing is that I've never used this forum type before so I dont know where the quote button is.

Poetic03
07-21-2011, 07:44 PM
Far Cry 2 is a very unique and immersive game; I went out and bought it because of the Far Cry 3 demo and been playing it ever since. The realism is fantastic: weapon degrading, safe houses, driving, atmosphere etc...

Far Cry 2 is a grown up game IMO. It's a game that doesn't hold your hand, giving you complete freedom in how you want to play through. People also complained about the stealth, but I'm finding it to be an awesome stealth game. Or I can mix stealth/action or I can go all out action. Replay value is ridiculous.

theyeti90
07-21-2011, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Martythemerc:
Graill - Playing Far Cry 2 is like playing a game of chess - you play slow and methodical, analyse the enemy's strengths and weakness, you scout out the best way to take them out. You don't zip fast through a chess game. Those that buy games to play in 2-4 hours to "beat it", and brag they do - miss the whole point of immersive play. The first time I played FC2 - I had the sniper rifle and it took me 4 hours to carefully take out the "private property" crew - I was totally immersed like I was there. I've played 5 more times and have played quicker, and each time I play, I used different loadouts and methodology. In fact it's a new game every time. The game did have its irritants - yes, but the greater play out-weighed those irritating parts, and I looked to those as challenges that helped make play last longer.

FC2 is the most replayable game I've ever had, and will continue for years to come right alongside FC3, if it's billed as being better. Try playing the linear FC1 - it seems ancient after you play FC2, and is not replayable.

Oh, one more thing - TURN OFF the music and LISTEN to the sounds of the environment - you'll hear the enemy trying to sneak up on you too.

I agree 10000%

xIxNxSxAxNxEx
07-22-2011, 12:36 PM
Look, not everybody likes the same game. And that's okay. FC2 requires a different type of thinking than those crappy COD games. FC2 is about immersion. I once had to assassinate someone in a camp and it took me 30 minutes to slowly walk closer and kill the necessary people to get in.

What i'm saying is: Don't knock something just because its not your style. For example, I hate ModernWarfare2 and Blackops because the gameplay is just too simple for me. But "A LOT" of people prefer simplicity and fun. And I like games where you have to make careful choices and think about what you are doing such as FC2, or the Battlefield series.

maggotjosh
07-23-2011, 08:14 AM
i loved all the old farcrys but i hated farcry2 the only thing i liked about it is the mapeditor and the fact that they tried something different from other games i had fun for a little while on fc2 but constant game crashes rapidly spawning npcs and moleria ruined it for me this is just my opinion though and i hope they do something with predator in this one because that might bring back all the old farcry fans who most of which hated fc2 like me honestly though i do get back on fc2 sometimes just to hit buffalo in my jeep