PDA

View Full Version : full mission builder!

justinrokker
10-13-2008, 04:23 PM
so i worked hard on building this one mission. i made sure everything was accurate and whatever, but then i try saving it and i got this "chief'13_chief only contains one waypoint". now im really ****ed off cuz i got these red and blue lines going everywhere and i cant find the item that only has "one waypoint". what can i do to find the item easier? is there a quicker way to fixing this?

WTE_Galway
10-13-2008, 05:10 PM
you could try opening the mission file in a text editor

sometimes errors like that will stand out in the mission file itself

justinrokker
10-13-2008, 05:35 PM
thanks! ill try that

WTE_Ibis
10-13-2008, 06:19 PM
I'd guess that you have placed a movable object,(vehicle,ship,plane etc) and didn't give it waypoints.It's just sitting there at its first waypoint with no where to go, or an aircraft with no landing waypoint.
If you want to place an object and you dont want it to move then you have to choose a "stationary" object from the drop down box.
cheers, Ibis.

WTE_Galway
10-13-2008, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by WTE_Ibis:
I'd guess that you have placed a movable object,(vehicle,ship,plane etc) and didn't give it waypoints.It's just sitting there at its first waypoint with no where to go, or an aircraft with no landing waypoint.
If you want to place an object and you dont want it to move then you have to choose a "stationary" object from the drop down box.
cheers, Ibis.

I do not think aircraft need a landing way point, they seem to just aimlessly meander around the last way point if you do not tell them to land. Aircraft do need at least two way points of some sort though.

I suspect, as you point out, its probably something like placing a movable Blitz truck by mistake when it was meant to be a static one for scenery purposes and hence it needs waypoints but was not given any.

M2morris
10-13-2008, 06:38 PM
Zoom in close by using the slide bar on the left and look around at all of your objects until you find the one that is just sitting there with only one dot and no #1 way point, then give it one..