PDA

View Full Version : Help with Multiplayer Campaign

Xitter
12-30-2004, 01:41 AM
Hello fellow pilots.

We, me and my friends, would like to play a campaign. Unfortunately as we've tried to do so there seems to be no progress apparent during the play. Let me explain. I used PF campaign template included ingame (Coral Sea) and we flew like 4 missions which were completely identical! We took-off shot down some Zeros and bombers. Our bombers were at the same time unable to damage or destroy a single Japanese ship. I can see no progress in this, at the start of the mission I can even influence the number of our and enemy aircraft. Is there way to play generated multiplay campaign? Or what am I doing wrong? Thanks for enlightment.

Xitter
12-30-2004, 01:41 AM
Hello fellow pilots.

We, me and my friends, would like to play a campaign. Unfortunately as we've tried to do so there seems to be no progress apparent during the play. Let me explain. I used PF campaign template included ingame (Coral Sea) and we flew like 4 missions which were completely identical! We took-off shot down some Zeros and bombers. Our bombers were at the same time unable to damage or destroy a single Japanese ship. I can see no progress in this, at the start of the mission I can even influence the number of our and enemy aircraft. Is there way to play generated multiplay campaign? Or what am I doing wrong? Thanks for enlightment.

muaBDnuerF
12-30-2004, 07:21 AM
At least you can shoot something down. Our campaign missions are just takeoff, flying 300km over the ocean, seeing nothing, having bombers not see the ships they're supposed to attack, flying 300km back, and landing. Fun, really...

Zeus-cat
12-30-2004, 08:02 AM
The Pacific campaigns don't seem to work as well as the ground based coop campaigns.

My squad noticed the same thing with the US bombers in PF. TBMs armed with rockets do almost nothing to Japanese carriers. You may want to edit the campaign files (still trying to do this myself) to make TBMs carry torps instead of rockets.

Expect the Coral Sea missions to be pretty much the same. There is no land if I recall correctly, so all your missions will be anti-ship or CAP over your own carriers. You may want to try a land based coop campaign or at least a PF one that has islands in it.

Zeus-cat