PDA

View Full Version : Lost Customer- A Constructive Criticism

StillNight
03-25-2010, 12:50 AM
Some constructive criticism for the game makers at Ubisoft.I bought the collectors edition of Assassin Creed 2 when it first came out(the figure is awesome btw), got the collectors edition book with it.

I was very annoyed and disappointed when I learned that part of the game I just dropped $100+ was going to be released later as DLC, AND I would have to pay for it.
I will not buy any further Assassin's Creed titles because of this, and I now have doubts to if I will be getting the new Splinter Cell game (I canceled my pre-order and will wait a few weeks after release to see if this is going the same way, if so I won't buy it. I was a loyal Ubisoft client who bought six or so(new) titles a year, but I am doubting that as we go into the future. Is the extra $10 for DLC really worth risking customers like this?

StillNight
03-25-2010, 12:50 AM
Some constructive criticism for the game makers at Ubisoft.I bought the collectors edition of Assassin Creed 2 when it first came out(the figure is awesome btw), got the collectors edition book with it.

I was very annoyed and disappointed when I learned that part of the game I just dropped $100+ was going to be released later as DLC, AND I would have to pay for it.
I will not buy any further Assassin's Creed titles because of this, and I now have doubts to if I will be getting the new Splinter Cell game (I canceled my pre-order and will wait a few weeks after release to see if this is going the same way, if so I won't buy it. I was a loyal Ubisoft client who bought six or so(new) titles a year, but I am doubting that as we go into the future. Is the extra $10 for DLC really worth risking customers like this?

Psychopompador
03-25-2010, 01:31 AM
i guess my question would be "is a measly 10 bucks really going to end your Ubi game buying days.. games you admittedly love playing (shown by buying 5 or 6 titles a year)"

5 or 6 titles at 50-60 bucks a pop (or 100 for special editions) adds up fast. I dont think 10 extra dollars dents that bottom line too much

dont get me wrong though- i completely understand the frustration

AJ_Rimmer_Bsc
03-25-2010, 01:38 AM
have to agree about the dlc.

its not the money,its the fact its not actual dlc.

theres a vast difference between dlc released months after games release,and adding to game,and content removed from the game and sold as dlc.

even if the content "didnt make it in time" excuse is used,it doesnt alter the fact that they are selling us a game in parts,and not adding content later,when patchs etc have been sorted out.

wont stop me buying a game,but i never buy any dlc thats released within 1st month of game release.
i wait,sometimes for a longggggggggg time,but until its free i dont bother,even if it means a naked assassin running round cos i was too cheap to buy his suit as well as the game,as he should be clothed when i buy the game anyway.

as with mass effect 2 and the removed armour and weapons,i refused to buy it,if we all refuse to buy it,then they will stop trying to pull this stunt.

but that requires solidarity,in the gaming community ?..yeah right http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

bokeef04
03-25-2010, 03:50 AM
then you better all go out and boycott Avatar, because they are planning to release a "vanilla edition" which is just the raw movie, in 2d, no 3d version or extra's like deleted scenes, making of, commentary etc to DVD and Blu-ray while they re-release the 3d version back into cinemas with EXTRA footage, which means i went and paid $18(nearly double the price of both DLC combined) to see a movie that I'll have to pay another $18 just to see it again with the extra footage that they decided to leave out of the first

El_Sjietah
03-25-2010, 05:27 AM
Next time, try and get more information about what you buy. This was all known quite some time before release.

Brett_Master5
03-26-2010, 02:45 AM
So Ubisoft are damned if they do and damned if they don't. People complained that they didn't get the 2 sequences and the Templar Lairs with the regular copy. If I remember rightly the Lairs were an extra 200 points compared to just the sequences.

So those who didn't get the pre-order don't have a nice statue of Ezio, the book and had to wait 4 months until they got to completely finish the game.

AJ_Rimmer_Bsc
03-26-2010, 09:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brett_Master5:
So those who didn't get the pre-order don't have a nice statue of Ezio, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

personally i dont play with dolls,

what irks me is actually removing content to sell on the side like arthur daley selling the wheels for a car an an extra http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

but thats might just be me being a tight wad meany skinflint.