PDA

View Full Version : Error message everytime I try to load PF stanalone :(



deckerv
05-07-2005, 09:14 AM
Pacific fighters: pf.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x0ec61aee" referenced memory at "0x0ecc7af8". The memory could not "read".

Click OK to terminate the program

---------
that's the error message I'm getting now when I try to load PF http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif was working fine for a while... then I noticed that I couldn't start the P-38 engines for some reason or another. I went to uninstall PF and reinstall it and this is the message I'm getting http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif Any ideas? I'm thinking totally clean install by uninstalling, deleting the directory, and picking through the registry before reinstalling it.. sound about right?

FoolTrottel
05-07-2005, 10:10 AM
Hi,

To me it sounds like either your install was incorrect, or you didn't patch it correctly.

These two patches in this order are the ones you need:

- Patch 3.03

- Patch 3.04 (that is 3.03_to_3.04.exe)

If this does not help, go to the Community Help Forum (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=frm&s=400102&f=49310655), and post it there, including a DxDiag report. (Instructions Dxdiag report (http://www.airwarfare.com/tech/tech_lbguide.htm#011))

Good Luck!

stansdds
05-07-2005, 02:58 PM
Only use the 3.03m and then 3.04m patches if you are doing a merged install of IL2 Forgotten Battles - Aces Expansion Pack (make sure you loaded that third CD if you bought the Gold Pack) - Pacific Fighters.

Stand alone Pacific Fighters needs the 3.03 then 3.04 patches, not the ones with the lower case "m".

You can also run into problems if your CD drive is also a recording drive and you have the CD or DVD recording software installed on the hard drive.

ausmondo
05-07-2005, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by deckerv:
Pacific fighters: pf.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x0ec61aee" referenced memory at "0x0ecc7af8". The memory could not "read".

Click OK to terminate the program

---------
that's the error message I'm getting now when I try to load PF http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif was working fine for a while... then I noticed that I couldn't start the P-38 engines for some reason or another. I went to uninstall PF and reinstall it and this is the message I'm getting http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif Any ideas? I'm thinking totally clean install by uninstalling, deleting the directory, and picking through the registry before reinstalling it.. sound about right?

Sounds about right to me,but I am not a techie.
Have a look in the 'Community help' forum in this site
and also look at 'Guides & tutorials' at
http://www.airwarfare.com/guides.htm
lots of good info here.
Good luck
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

FoolTrottel
05-07-2005, 03:34 PM
Yep, Stansdds is right in correcting my error at the 'm' in patching! Typo!!

Sorry!
(I've edited my original reply...)
Have Fun anyways!

stansdds
05-07-2005, 04:46 PM
WooHoo!!! I got one right! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

And there was much celebration and joy!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

As me being right about something doesn't happen very often. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

Glad I was able to help out. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

FoolTrottel
05-07-2005, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by stansdds:
WooHoo!!! I got one right! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

And there was much celebration and joy!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

As me being right about something doesn't happen very often. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

Glad I was able to help out. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Hey Stans, waitaminute, I truly recognize yer enthousiasm... (Great Fun! I do know the feeling http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif )

But lets wait for deckerv's reply... if anything replied here makes any sense to him....

or even is any help to him ....

Have Fun!

stansdds
05-07-2005, 05:53 PM
Oh, yeah, sorry, see? It doesn't happen often! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

FoolTrottel
05-07-2005, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by stansdds:
Oh, yeah, sorry, see? It doesn't happen often! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

HotelBushranger
05-08-2005, 02:09 AM
then I noticed that I couldn't start the P-38 engines for some reason or another. I went to uninstall PF and reinstall it and this is the message I'm getting Frown Any ideas? I'm thinking totally clean install by uninstalling, deleting the directory, and picking through the registry before reinstalling it.. sound about right?

Concerning the P-38, sounds like you've got Complex Engine Management (CEM) on and don't know how to use it. What you have to do is set a button for Toggle Left Engine and Toggle Right Engine. I use O and L, because they're close to the Ignition button, I. So with twin engine planes, you select one engine then turn it on (O + I), then UNselect it and select the next engine and turn it on (L + I). If you select one engine whilst not unselecting the other, you have to unselect one and select the other. Once both are one, set a button for Select All Engines (Ctrl I), so that the throttle settings is the same for both, and you don't veer right or left. Trust me mate, takes a while to get the knack of it.

Welcome to the PF forums http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Amnio
05-09-2005, 06:08 AM
The crashproblems could also be caused by installing a very recent Java SDK. If you don't know what that is, then it's probably not the case. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif


Concerning the P-38, sounds like you've got Complex Engine Management (CEM) Think the difficulty-option you're looking for is "Seperate Engine Start", but apart from that you got the description right.