PDA

View Full Version : Replace Default Skins?

Obi_Kwiet
10-26-2004, 06:14 PM
Is there a way to replace the default skins? So, the default for the AC is always that skin and the AI use it too? Because the default skins usually stink. Thanks! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Obi_Kwiet
10-26-2004, 06:14 PM
Is there a way to replace the default skins? So, the default for the AC is always that skin and the AI use it too? Because the default skins usually stink. Thanks! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

T_O_A_D
10-26-2004, 06:22 PM
Nope!

If there was some looser would put every plane in the game a bright pink. And dissable his skin download.

Sort of like in Medal of Honor you can force models on every player in the game. And have them run around in a Pink skirt and orange hair, no matter the skin they are wearing. Your client would see the bright colors, and everyone in game would be unawhere of the cheat.

Obi_Kwiet
10-26-2004, 06:29 PM
What about just for offline? For the AI and stuff.

-HH- Beebop
10-26-2004, 06:49 PM
Default and void skins are hardcoded into the game both online and offline. You can add whatever you like, change it to whatever skin you import, but the default skin will never change and you cannot remove it.

bird_brain
10-27-2004, 05:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
What about just for offline? For the AI and stuff. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Open the mission in FMB and change any skins you want. If you need more specific directions it is not hard and only takes about 2 minutes.

T_O_A_D
10-27-2004, 07:29 AM
As bird_brain mentioned you can tweak any mission you like. You just have to use the FMB. You open up the mission with FMB then choose load and browse for the mission you want to tweak.
Once the mission is loaded, zoom in on the aircraft you want to adjust click it. It will highlight and strobe then click the view tab and choose object. That will give you tabs on the plane
proprerties,waypoint,plane1,plane2,plane3,plane4

You may not have 4 planes, might be as little as 1 plane it just depends on the mission.
Now click Plane1 tab and you will see a dropdown box to browse for the skins.

Once your this far into the FMB you will see several different things you can adjust in the Planes Properties, and Waypoint tabs.

Just save mission when done with another name by choosing "save as" and leave the stock ones alone. That way you don't loose them.

Enjoy!

ELEM
10-27-2004, 07:39 AM
Yes, it is possible. I asked the same question exactly a year ago. The answer is in this thread...
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=45410763&m=46010573&r=96010573#96010573

SithSpeeder
10-27-2004, 11:03 AM
Re-setting default skins was a problem, IMO, for MS CFS2. I used to hear people talk about the "Red George" in dogfight arenas. It took me a while to understand that they had changed their default George skin to be a bright red, further shortening my lifespan (being a George driver).

I hope that this game does NOT allow one to change the default skins for online dogfights. For co-ops or campaigns, that would be a desirable feature, though.

* Speeder *