PDA

View Full Version : Alta´r's abilities

JaegerCaptain
04-14-2008, 10:41 AM
As you complete assassinations, you re-learn some lost abilities. Some are properly explained and has a training tutorial (very good idea) while others are not explained or has a tutorial. These are mostly passive abilities, but also some active.

Now... Is there somewhere you cab read about all the abilities? Like I got an ability about grabbing ledges with my free hand button. How does this work? I already seem to grab ledges automatically when I walk off them (if it's too high) or jump over to another ledge.

Also, I would like to know exactly how and how much the various balance and damage abilities improves my overall abilities.

Thanks.

the_assassin_07
04-14-2008, 10:43 AM
... Read the instruction manual...?

drego5
04-14-2008, 11:07 AM
The gloves to grab are in case you're falling, you can re-grab the building. Sometimes archers hit you, or a crowd throws rocks at you and makes you fall.

I think the best idea would be to go to a place in town with enough guards and pick a fight, so you can see better how the abilities work. The guys in the training ring don't commit, so you can't counter properly. Pick a fight in a city.

Adaram
04-14-2008, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by the_assassin_07:

The manual that comes with the game is completely silent on this topic (and many others, quite frankly).

Pretty standard for a game manual, I guess, but no less disappointing http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

the_assassin_07
04-14-2008, 11:26 AM
Meh.

And btw OP this is how to use the gloves: when you're falling quickly press circle to grab on to the nearest ledge.

JaegerCaptain
04-14-2008, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by the_assassin_07:

Why did you write that when you obviously haven't read the manual yourself? Please, try to respond in a helpful manner instead of making a fool of youself.

Thanks.

JaegerCaptain
04-14-2008, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by drego5:
The gloves to grab are in case you're falling, you can re-grab the building. Sometimes archers hit you, or a crowd throws rocks at you and makes you fall.

Thanks, I tried to just drop off a ledge and re-grab further down. I guess I couldn't do that earlier.

Do you know what exactly the improved balance abilites does? I haven't noticed a difference in fighting when they try to throw me around and knock me down with counters. So I guess it has to do with free-running, but I never had a problem keeping my balance before, so...

drego5thesecond
04-15-2008, 12:06 PM
I think it has to do with when you're running in a crowd and hitting into people, you don't get knocked to the ground as easily, or that when a guard knocks you to the ground, you can kinda choose the direction of where you roll to.

But it also helps if you're climbing someplace, and misjudge a leap to another section, and start to fall.. I don't think before that, if Alta´r misjudged, that he would have been hanging half-off a building while he regained his balance.

I think.

the_assassin_07
04-15-2008, 12:29 PM
Why did you write that when you obviously haven't read the manual yourself? Please, try to respond in a helpful manner instead of making a fool of youself.

Thanks.
I've had enough.

Adaram64
04-15-2008, 01:22 PM
Meh...the whiner only has 14 posts, compared to your 4300+ posts.../ignore...

dingsi
04-15-2008, 03:36 PM
Oh yeah, those posts will show him!