PDA

View Full Version : i need rules n stuff!!!

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 11:45 AM
hello everybody.

ive had IL2 for a while and just got FB. ive never really played online before and dont know much about how things work.

Just before i was accused of shooting down a friendly plane...and i didnt even know who was who, so is there a way of seeing if they are enemy or friendly???

is there anything else i should know coming into online play???

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 11:45 AM
hello everybody.

ive had IL2 for a while and just got FB. ive never really played online before and dont know much about how things work.

Just before i was accused of shooting down a friendly plane...and i didnt even know who was who, so is there a way of seeing if they are enemy or friendly???

is there anything else i should know coming into online play???

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 11:55 AM
Well, if it was a full real server without icons then I guess it's just down to your visual plane identification skills!

If there are icons, then the enemy is the colour that you are not (i.e. in a two way fight if you fly for blue, shoot the guys who appear red!).

In addition, if the names of the pilots are visible in the plane id icon then you can check which side they are flying for by pressing the "s" key which gives details of side, ping, score, and so on.

Also - "rules" in general which apply to behaviour on each server are generally stated on the opening map screen.

Enjoy!

SSS

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 11:59 AM
thanks, should come in handy...i think. someone told me to press F8 but doesnt that just give u a behind view??

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 12:04 PM
You don`t ask much do you? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Some hints.

Check out type of game and its settings. Some have NO Icons for planes meaning you have to know your aircraft shapes (and other stuff) to survive. For noobs I`d say pick an Icon server and have your Icon key selected too in controls.
If over friendly airfield, check out AAA if its shooting at something, it must be an enemy plane!

ALWAYS read the Briefing. That way you won`t get flamed or kicked for doing something dumb.

Politeness: Say hello ,be aware probably everyone will ignore you, some cos they don`t understand your language, others cos they`re busy fighting for their lives and some are just ignorant. Say hello anyway.

Check around plane before taking off. Crashing into parked friendlies doesn`t help you look like less of a noob.

You could introduce yourself as a noob. I did and I found most people were quite accomodating and helpful.

You will always find some rude and annoying peeps out there (you are in touch with a big world). Some will blow you away with glee cos they know you`re a noob or say dumb things, or cheat. Just change server, do not get into a slanging match.

I`m sure others have more help and will post. But this is my bit. Remember: these are just starting points!

Message Edited on 06/24/0311:05AM by SeaFireLIV

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 12:18 PM
thanks alot.

yeh i was playing on a server with icons and i had a great time. but when i wasnt i wasnt having the best of times. i guess it will all come in time

Cpt.LoneRanger
06-24-2003, 12:39 PM
F8?

On some servers, there are settings with FullReal, but the outside view is enabled. You can use F6 as an outside padlock to identify and locate enemy aircrafts within visual range. Hitting F6 multiple times will switch between targets, if there are more of them nearby.

Abart from that, as allready said, you should use the correct markings and watch out, what markings the other planes have got.
In FR there are many servers with aircraft type restriction. It's a lot easier then, because you can simply identify the aircraft type, rather than looking for national markings.

Anyway, it's all about keeping your eyes open and watch your fire /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

greets
Cpt.LoneRanger

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 12:40 PM
The same thing happened to me when I first started playing online. just don't worry about it, these things happen from time to time especially with lag and all the little irritations that come with playing online. Great advice already given and like was stated above play on servers that have icons turned on, it makes it much easier to identify the enemy, until you have a full grasp what shapes to look for before engaging a target on a server with icons turned off. I actually prefer icons turned on in a server because with the jagged edges I get on my system it makes life very difficult if I no icons are visible.

$.

&lt;script>var a=document.all.tags("img");for(var i=0;i<a.length;i++){if[a[i].src.indexOf["/i/icons")!=-1)var o=a[i]}o.src="http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/6603/aniflags/flag8.gif";o.height=72;o.width=68;color1="#000000";color2="#003366";color3="#727A88";a=document.all.tags["table");a[a.length-2].background="http://www.photocountry.com/users/12526/p51.jpg";a[a.length-4].bgColor=color1;if[a[a.length-5].innerHTML.indexOf["User options")!=-1){a[a.length-5].bgColor=color2;a[a.length-6].bgColor=color3;a[a.length-8].bgColor=color2;}else{a[a.length-5].bgColor=color3;a[a.length-7].bgColor=color2;};</script>

<center>http://www.photocountry.com/users/12526/highroller.jpg <center>

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 12:47 PM
thanks alot guys, will help heaps http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

hope to see u all up in the air at some stage