PDA

View Full Version : Idea for a game

dreamofmirrors7
11-05-2010, 10:31 PM
I thought it would be pretty cool to have a game that utilizes the free running/parkour aspect of AC, but instead of being an assassin, you're a thief.

If anyone has ever played the Thief games on PC/Xbox, it would be a combination of that and AC.

I know it would probably be a little similar to AC, instead of gaining intel on an assassination target, you insead gain intel on a certain item/treasury/painting etc. to steal.

Now that I'm typing this though what I'm thinking is way to similar to AC. I think I was just thinking it would be cool to go for treasure instead of assassinating people. :P

I don't know, it was just a thought I'd figure I'd share.

Iskander_Estel
11-05-2010, 10:34 PM
Uncharted?

dreamofmirrors7
11-05-2010, 10:38 PM
No, more medieval, and using the same engine as AC. Like I said, it's WAY too similar, it would just be cool to be able to say, sneak into a fortress as Ezio to steal and diamond or something.

Stix453
11-05-2010, 10:46 PM
Well just think of it this way, Ezio is still stealing things - People's lives. :P

Iskander_Estel
11-05-2010, 10:56 PM
well you have to steal the Gold Mask from Dante

dreamofmirrors7
11-05-2010, 11:17 PM
Right, and you can pickpocket florins, but I meant the WHOLE game is based around being a Thief, instead of an Assassin. Actually, you could replace everyone Ezio killed, with a piece of treasure to steal, and ultimately attempting to steal the Apple of Eden and get the game I'm thinking of. Instead of the brotherhood, it would be a thieves guild. Like I said, it would be fun to me, but just way too similar to AC.

DaVinci would make you gadgets to help you be a better thief. Like a crossbow, with a grappling hook to shoot. Smokebombs would fit well, same armor, a dagger etc.
It would retain it's stealth aspect of the game, but instead of killing people to get to you're target, you would avoid them to not get caught. Kinda like a medieval splinter cell, where the target is something really valuable.