PDA

View Full Version : Horse to beam & Young at heart

seanbartolo
04-17-2011, 07:34 PM
Hello All

Using a PC and keyboard and mouse, how on earth do i jump from my horse to a beam. When i ride under the beam, the little legend that appears says to click on SPACE bar to stand. I click on SPACE bar and nothing happens. It is frustrating.

Secondly, I have completed young at heart in under a minute and still cant get 100% sync. Very frustrating to say the least.

I have completed the game. I only have the cardinal mission to get 100% sync and yet in total the game is only 86% sync. Can anyone shed some light please.

Oxford_of_Dale
04-17-2011, 07:43 PM
Click space to stand on your horse, click space again to jump off it.

Your total game sync percentage is based, I believe, not only on mission sync but also economy and renovation completion. Virtual training missions might count, but I believe they are synced to your profile not your saved game.

lockerxzx
04-17-2011, 08:58 PM
Quickly double click Spacebar to jump from a horse to a beam. You can repeat the step on a single beam until the challenge is completed.
86% sync is maybe you haven't completed the Da Vinci Dissapearance?

seanbartolo
04-17-2011, 10:10 PM
I have finished the game and seen the endless credits. Now I am trying to clean up what is left to do. And this is my list:

Escape from St Angelo: 5 streak kill, I have read notes on how to attempt a continuous kill so ill give this a go. I have killed 10 without getting hit but obviously it has to be a continuous kill, execution style.

Young at heart thief challenge. I have completed this with 18 seconds left and still I cant get 100% sync. I dont know what else to do. U start off with 1:15 so i am completing it in under 60 seconds.

Cardinal challenge: Have completed it at 50% sync. Still have to attempt it at 100% sync.

20 horse to beam jumps

10 streaks of 5 kills

And last of all i need 1 more shrunken head which will take me an age if i need 1,000,000 in investments.

When I have looked at my DNA list, the Assisnations part of my memory cant be accessed. There are 4 empty boxes.

If anyone can provide with help it would be very much appreciated.

seanbartolo
04-17-2011, 11:31 PM
I just completed guardian of Forli. Up to 87.12% synchornisation for the full game.

As for jumping from horse to beam, the space bar doesnt work.

Can someone please tell me if they completed full sync of Young at Heart? And how many seconds left? I had 18 seconds and still no 100%

Vey03
04-17-2011, 11:51 PM
For jumping off a horse onto anything, you need to stand in the saddle first.
Do you stand when you press space? Don't hold space, just press it. Ezio should stand. When you're approaching a beam, again, just press space. But don't hold space.
The only reasons i can think of why Ezio's not jumping is that your timing is a bit off and he won't jump anywhere. When i have to jump to beam, and it's important jump for some reason, i will press space multiple times to make sure i don't miss the timing.

Apart from that, the only other thing is something with the keyboard maybe? I dunno. Try mapping your 'legs' to another key, and see it he reacts to that.

Ezio can canter along on the horse standing as long as you keep the horse cantering. As soon as you go back to walk or trot, or stop, he'll sit down again.

As far as Young At Heart, i can't remember how much time you have, you i think you are right, you need something 18 or 20secs remaining. But tick over that even a millisecond, and you won't have 100%.
Do the race as many times as need be. There is a quick route so you don't fall and don't have to climb, just go from building to building.
And it'll take you a fair few goes to get the route and then get it spot on, because you need to move to get the time.

There's a shrunken head in a treasure chest in the last Romulus (sp?) tomb.

You need to get more assassination missons to have them show up on your map so you can do them. Go to the barracks and speak to Bartolomeo's wife (forgot her name). As far as i know, they come in stages throughout the game, so don't expect all of them at once. You'll get notices when new assignments are available, and then go to the barracks and talk to her about them.

lockerxzx
04-18-2011, 12:19 AM
Just search "shrunken head" on youtube and you will know where to find one

seanbartolo
04-18-2011, 02:22 AM
With friends like you lot, who needs more friends!

Your help has been great. Finally achieved 20 jumps from Horse to Beam.

Finally acquired the second shrunken head.

All I have to do now is kill the cardinal for the 100% sync. At the moment 50% is all i can achieve. The first round room is a nightmare with the camera angles to get to the hanging wooden board.

Im going to attempt young at heart for the 100th time.

And i need 9 more streak kills and all the guild challenges are complete.

Your help has been great from all of you.

Nice to know fellow gamers are more than willing to assist a fellow assassin in his time of need.

Oxford_of_Dale
04-18-2011, 04:08 AM
Insieme per la vittoria.

DarthDeva
04-18-2011, 09:28 PM
I totally understand you. It's one of the hardest free run courses. I'm glad my friend gave me his xbox 360 controller.
Time guild assassinations well and maybe special attack with throwing knives or quickly double trhowing knives. And analyse the course each time to find the quickest routes and timing smooth jumps(by tapping the "legs" button-usually the space bar) like in the VR missions.
For the 5 kill streaks, just go back to guardian of forli again. You can execute at least 3 5-kill streaks each time you replay it.
Good luck, I achieved 100% sync on Friday, with a lucky end to the "Hell on Wheels" mission. I wanted to scream of joy :P

Vey03
04-19-2011, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by seanbartolo:
All I have to do now is kill the cardinal for the 100% sync. At the moment 50% is all i can achieve. The first round room is a nightmare with the camera angles to get to the hanging wooden board.

When you jump onto the board hanging from the cieling, if you press right and up together, then space to jump, Ezio will jump in a 45deg angle to the ledge from which you can see the tall pillar (obelisk...or whatever it's called)... which you might want to investigate...

Or just scoot across on the wall, you don't need to jump to that hanging board at all.

seanbartolo
04-24-2011, 08:35 AM
Fellow Assassins

Your help has been immense.

When you look at the DNA, I have completed all sequenses except:

Guild: only one I have left to do is complete the 10 streaks of 5 kills for the mercenary challenge. I have been lucky enough to complete 1 streak of 5 kills. Very frustrating indeed. Any tips with controls would be helpful.

However, the Assassination part of the DNA has 4 empty boxes, and i cant access it. There is a message about the animus and I have no idea what this means. Can someone help me out here.

I am still sitting at 88.12% completion.

Sequence 1 to 9 all complete.
Da Vinci all complete.
War Machines all complete.
Borgia towers all complete.
Templar Agents all complete.
Cristina all complete.
Secret locations all complete.
Additional Memories all complete.
Courtesan all complete.
Thief all complete.
However Mercenary doesnt have a DNA of its own.Have I missed something here. Is this what is holding me back from the Assassination sequence of my DNA?

I await your responses.

Vey03
04-24-2011, 10:54 PM
5 streak kills can be frustrating. You usually get 4, and then get hit. You just have to be fast, and watch every guard around you, and be ready to counter.

I don't know what's going on with your Mercenaries. If you're close to finishing the game, then you should have gotten a message that says 'new assassination contracts unlocked'. Then go back to the Barracks and speak to Bart's wife, then then appear on your map.

Mercenary doesn't have a DNA, because they are your assassination contracts.

Other than that, not 100% might mean you haven't found all the feathers, treasure and flags. Or haven't done some things 100% sync. Or haven't rebuilt or bought everything.

The red exclamation mark appears a few times during the game. It's telling you to get out of the Animus and to speak to Lucy and Co, and have a look around Monteriggioni. There's a computer there for you on a desk and you can read everyone's emails.

Juggalibra
06-04-2011, 04:33 PM
Hello All

Using a PC and keyboard and mouse, how on earth do i jump from my horse to a beam. When i ride under the beam, the little legend that appears says to click on SPACE bar to stand. I click on SPACE bar and nothing happens. It is frustrating.

Secondly, I have completed young at heart in under a minute and still cant get 100% sync. Very frustrating to say the least.

I have completed the game. I only have the cardinal mission to get 100% sync and yet in total the game is only 86% sync. Can anyone shed some light please.

in response to the young at heart problem i too ran the race and finished twice in a row with 21 seconds left followed by the 50% synch message. then i took off the Auditore Cape i was wearing, went back to the plain cape and ran again. this time it gave me 100% synch. guess the extra capes make it glitchy

Rapier-4
06-04-2011, 08:38 PM
Fellow Assassins

Your help has been immense.

When you look at the DNA, I have completed all sequenses except:

Guild: only one I have left to do is complete the 10 streaks of 5 kills for the mercenary challenge. I have been lucky enough to complete 1 streak of 5 kills. Very frustrating indeed. Any tips with controls would be helpful.

However, the Assassination part of the DNA has 4 empty boxes, and i cant access it. There is a message about the animus and I have no idea what this means. Can someone help me out here.

I am still sitting at 88.12% completion.

Sequence 1 to 9 all complete.
Da Vinci all complete.
War Machines all complete.
Borgia towers all complete.
Templar Agents all complete.
Cristina all complete.
Secret locations all complete.
Additional Memories all complete.
Courtesan all complete.
Thief all complete.
However Mercenary doesnt have a DNA of its own.Have I missed something here. Is this what is holding me back from the Assassination sequence of my DNA?

I await your responses.

I just recently got 100% synch, so lemme try to help you out.

Technically, you don't need to have the Da Vinci Disappearance to be at 100 synch, but hell, it's ok anyway.

As for the mercenary part, try what the other guy said, go to barracks and speak to his wife, pantasilea, or just be on the look out on your map for mercenary icons that ARE NOT buildings. Chances are, they are the people you need to speak to get to the mission.

I noticed you did not include 'Assassination' missions. Maybe this is it. On the map, pigeon coops will also appear with crosshairs, indicating an assassination mission. So that I know if you did it, have you ever done a mission where you have to kill 15 brutes in 15 sec?

As for killstreaks, just do this:

Kick + attack twice(with sword) = streak
Tap attack button to next highlighted enemy = streak
If seeker attacks + dodge = continued streak (NOTE: dodging does not stop streak, just be fast)
IF someone grabs + grab break + tap attack button = streak

But here's the kicker: When you start just one streak (Read: kill one enemy with streak animation) , hold the armed hand button in the direction of the highlighted enemy, and be surprised.