PDA

View Full Version : Please help me grab a ledge...

cassiels
03-31-2011, 05:21 PM
Can't climb the Ferdinando di Napoli tower. My char can't grab a ledge. He can reach it easily but doesn't grab it.
I have the glove.
I can climb: I have the feathers and nearly all the flags, no problem with the other towers and viewpoints.
I know others also have trouble with this but I've seen it done on Youtube.
And I've tried over and over. I've killed the captain more than 20 times by now because if you don't set the tower on fire he comes back to life.
I've even bought a new keyboard.
Anyone??? Any ideas? Please help.

Abeonis
03-31-2011, 07:35 PM
Are you sure you're pressing the "catch" button once Ezio reaches the height of his jump?

cassiels
04-01-2011, 12:02 PM
Yes, I use the same keys as with all the buildings and pillars.
Thanks for your reply.

Ureh
04-03-2011, 11:48 AM
Haven't played AC:B for about 2 months now, but if I remember correctly shouldn't all the towers be climbable without the glove? I seem to remember not using it when I found out you don't need it for any climbing.

AJ_Rimmer_Bsc
04-03-2011, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Ureh:
Haven't played AC:B for about 2 months now, but if I remember correctly shouldn't all the towers be climbable without the glove? I seem to remember not using it when I found out you don't need it for any climbing.

nope...some walls/ledges need the extra jump/stretch arms key.
as they are too high/far for normal jump.

Meleth1977
04-03-2011, 01:02 PM
I'm having the same problem with this tower, glad I'm not the only one...

I have the glove too but can't seem to make the jump. I've tried every place I can think of on the tower. Could someone say exactly where it should work?

cassiels
04-03-2011, 02:39 PM
I know more players have problems with this tower. Glad it's not just me.

It must be a GLITCH because I've climbed every other tower, pillar, castra, aqueduct etc.

There's a video on Youtube where they jump from the rectangular window to a ledge. My char can make the jump but doesn't grab the ledge. I've tried jumping to the beams but can't reach. I've even tried to get a horse up high enough and jump from its back, didn't work either.

I've beaten the game in the meantime, with all the jumps by Ezio and Desmond in Seq 9 without problems.

I hate leaving the towers unfinished.

cassiels
04-04-2011, 08:58 AM
I've done it!

This is how:
stand on the small lean-to building on the south side of the tower.
Facing the tower go to the right, stand on what looks like a trap door. Jump up.
Grabbing ledges go to the north and from there on it's an easy climb upwards.

During my unsuccessful attempts I was wearing the Brutus armour and although it said I had the glove on I didn't see it. This time I wore the original armour and the glove was clearly visible. So, don't wear the Brutus armour.

Meleth1977
04-05-2011, 12:39 PM
Thanks for the tip. I'm on a business trip right now but I'll try that when I get home. Hopefully I'll make it, I left Ezio hanging by a ledge on that tower http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

johnsmith145
04-24-2011, 12:09 PM
I can confirm that every tower is climbable without the climb leap glove, since i just played through the game (100% synch everything) without buying it.

Ureh
04-24-2011, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Slembroccoli:
I can confirm that every tower is climbable without the climb leap glove, since i just played through the game (100% synch everything) without buying it.

I can back you up on that one. I've played the game several times and never bought the climb leap glove (except on first playthrough). Everything that can be climbed is climbable without it. Climb leap glove just saves you a few seconds by giving a short cut.

BulaRae
04-25-2011, 09:12 PM
Without going back into the game (has been a few months), I have no idea which exact tower you're referring to, however I have a hunch.

For what it's worth, there is one on the outskirts of the city to the East where I had a devil of a time climbing it. It has lots of beams and even a few platforms. I finally beat it by circling around climbing what I could to a platform, then dropping down onto a beam, or might have been vice versa (sorry, bad memory!). Once I was on the thing I dropped onto (beam or platform) I then had a clean and easy path of climbing without the grab glove. I remember when I finally figured it out how I had an "aha" because it's counterintuitive to actually drop down, but I could see the path and that was the way to get to it!!