PDA

View Full Version : quick missions to download?

dashman
01-09-2008, 01:14 PM
As a sort of newcomer to IL2 (1 year with keyboard control - don't do it - and 2 weeks with a stick) I have been trying to get familiar with flying characteristics of different a/c and familiar with flying in general.

I seem to get the most out of the quick mission builder for this, especially missions that start out in the air. I can take off without much problem and spend time working on that to keep in shape, but want to download some quick missions to do the direct flying thing.

I did a search here and found mostly references to building your own QMBs, but I'm not quite to the point of doing that.

Since most of the references to QMBs were about doing your own, I'm thinking that there is not much 'out there' to download and try, or perhaps that particular aspect does not lend itself to downloading. Is that correct? If not, where can I find a few to try?

Thanks to all and thanks for some help yesterday on if I was downloading single missions correctly. I was, just didn't know it.

(I'll be away from the PC for a while, so I may not be able to respond right away).

FoolTrottel
01-09-2008, 02:55 PM
Indeed there's not much 'out there to download and try'...

As it's a Quick Mission Builder, building can be done quickly, so there's hardly any effort in it... and, if so, then what's the point in sharing?

Here's an experiment: I'll copy the contents of a quick mission here, you paste it into Notepad, then save it as a file named something like "110.quick" (Do apply them " thingies in the name) into the 'Quick' folder, and try it out!
(Dunno if them long lines and line-brakes will turn out good, but hey, this is an experiment! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif)

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
[states]
head (altitude=8,defence=1,map=3,our=false,situation=1, target=0,timeH=18,timeM=0,weather=0)
wing0 (fuel=100,noseart=[4,,,,],numberOn=[4,false,true,true,true],pilot=[4,Du_27.bmp,,,],plane=Bf-110G-2,planes=4,regiment=g01,skill=3,skin=[4,vp_Bf110G-2_ZG1.bmp,,,],weapon=m1)
wing1 (fuel=100,noseart=[4,,,,],numberOn=[4,true,true,true,true],pilot=[4,,,,],plane=Bf-110G-2,planes=4,regiment=g01,skill=1,skin=[4,5ZG1_G9_IN_blank.bmp,,,],weapon=m1)
wing2 (fuel=100,noseart=[4,,,,],numberOn=[4,true,true,true,true],pilot=[4,,,,],plane=Bf-110G-2,planes=4,regiment=g01,skill=1,skin=[4,4397-ZG26BoB.bmp,,,],weapon=m1)
wing3 (fuel=100,noseart=[4,,,,],numberOn=[4,true,true,true,true],pilot=[4,,,,],plane=Bf-110G-2,planes=4,regiment=g01,skill=1,skin=[4,Wespe.bmp,,,],weapon=m1)
wing4 (fuel=100,noseart=[4,,,,],numberOn=[4,true,true,true,true],pilot=[4,,,,],plane=B-24J-100-CF,planes=4,regiment=usa01,skill=1,skin=[4,B24_Metal.bmp,,,],weapon=16x500)
wing5 (fuel=100,noseart=[4,,,,],numberOn=[4,true,true,true,true],pilot=[4,,,,],plane=B-24J-100-CF,planes=4,regiment=usa01,skill=1,skin=[4,,,,],weapon=16x500)
wing6 (fuel=100,noseart=[4,,,,],numberOn=[4,true,true,true,true],pilot=[4,,,,],plane=B-24J-100-CF,planes=4,regiment=usa01,skill=1,skin=[4,,,,],weapon=16x500)
wing7 (fuel=100,noseart=[4,,,,],numberOn=[4,true,true,true,true],pilot=[4,,,,],plane=B-24J-100-CF,planes=4,regiment=usa01,skill=1,skin=[4,B24_Metal.bmp,,,],weapon=16x500)
</pre>

Have Fun!

Zeus-cat
01-09-2008, 03:58 PM
I think your best bet is to download offline campaigns. Try my Straight From the Farm campaign as it is meant as a training campaign. My Straight Down SBD campaign is fairly easy too.

Don't worry about completing the mission objectives during any campaign; worry about staying alive. Make sure you turn OFF "No Instant Success". When you do this the mission can be completed as soon as it starts and it will allow you to go to the next mission.

Flying one plane for a number of missions will help you with your flying skills over all. Make sure you have takeoffs and landings enabled as they are fundamentals.

dashman
01-09-2008, 04:12 PM
Thanks, guys, I'll give it a shot.

dashman
01-09-2008, 04:24 PM
Hey, FTrottel,

I copied and pasted into notepad and saved into "Quicks" folder, but nothing shows in the dropdown in the mission window. I assume it should show up where Crimea, Coral Sea, etc are?

Thanks.

FoolTrottel
01-09-2008, 04:28 PM
It should show up if you use the load button in the Quick Mission Builder...

Are you sure you used "bf110.quick" (them " included!) when you saved the file from Notepad?

If not, it will be saved as Bf110.quick.txt, and then it won't show up as a quick mission...

dashman
01-09-2008, 04:55 PM
No, I goofed and didn't understand your instructions (my bad).

I'll try again, but it will be after while. Where do I go to learn the language you used to define the mission?

Thanks a lot!

dashman
01-09-2008, 05:26 PM
Cool, thanks FTrottel,

It worked though a little shaky off and on (may need to reboot...)

I wasn't expecting to see 12 enemy a/c heading my way!

FoolTrottel
01-10-2008, 12:16 AM
Check Mission4Today.

There's an 'Attack Mission Generator' (http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=2455#reviews) whith which you can easily generate them .quick missions.

(I just defined that mission in the QMB, then saved it. Later I opened up the .quick file, and copied/pasted it's contents here. I have no knowlegde of the language used in that file...)

dashman
01-10-2008, 05:22 AM
FoolTrottel

a big....duh.......on my part.

I kept thinking there was another level or part of the QMB or something that I had not gotten to.

I actually made and saved some QMBs prior to uninstalling and reinstalling 1946. That explains why my "quicks" folder in Win Explorer was blank - I never happened to look in it prior to the uninstallation to see that that's where they went when saved.

I right clicked on your mission and had it open with notepad -ta-da. there was your 'language'.

Thanks and thanks for the link to attack mission generator.