PDA

View Full Version : To RUSE game developers LIMITED TIME SUCKS

VaMook
09-11-2010, 05:48 AM
ok did a poll on limited time 1v1 FFA 2v2, wot ever.
...... people like time limit , people dont.

I and many others aint going to get a PC ...so what can us UNLIMITED time lovers do to change this.

Many games use form disscussions to patch up problems. so what can we do..

1.FAIR ENOUGH YOU LIKE AN HOUR...BUT, why not still have the option. i mean, this shhud be a default option, shud it not?

2.i think RANKED matches shud have a LIMIT.
PRIVATE MATCHES SHUD HAVE UNLIMITED to battle as long as we like.

3. why is it that i played the demo/campaign levels for over an hour mabey two hours.
and thats on my own.
(no, i dont suck, i just do EVERYTHING)

i have waited a LOOOOOONG time for this game, to just have HUGE BATTLES with the awesome RUSE INTERFACE

not spam posting......its just that.....

THIS NEED TO BE SORTED!!!!!!!

help us out MR shade!!! haha but seriously!!!

Chrstianwiik
09-11-2010, 07:36 AM
yes i totally agree and when u play 1 vs 1 against hard ai u dont have the time to build up big enough troops before the time runs out and not because im about to loose BUT BEFORE THE TIME RUNS OUT!

This should be optional and i dont know how it is on PC but if they got it optional so should we!!!

Liquid Cheese
09-11-2010, 02:49 PM
We do need unlimited option, 1 hour isn't near enough. Should be easy for them to add the option.

MaDeToFaDe
09-11-2010, 04:59 PM
Stop making these threads! There are loads as it is, it's really boring reading the same thread over and over.

Chrstianwiik
09-11-2010, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by MaDeToFaDe:
Stop making these threads! There are loads as it is, it's really boring reading the same thread over and over.

Well then dont bother to read it i mean u see the headlines before u enter it so u should know what its all about...
And everyone have the right to make their opinion its not up to u what u like to read or not, its up to Ubisoft to make the game better for their costumers cause it is us that gives them the good reputation or the bad one.
And if they cant fix it or dont whant to do it then atleast they wont do the same mistake.

I say lesson learned if enough people write what they think of the game

MaDeToFaDe
09-11-2010, 06:36 PM
I don't want to see the forum swamped with "LIMITED TIME SUCKZZ" stick to one thread it's as easy as that. No wonder the PC guys wanted there own forum section.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1016188/m/6751068188 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7471016188/m/6751068188)

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1016188/m/3901067188 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7471016188/m/3901067188)

There two other threads there talking about the same thing.

Liquid Cheese
09-11-2010, 09:55 PM
I don't want to see the forum swamped with "LIMITED TIME SUCKZZ" stick to one thread it's as easy as that. No wonder the PC guys wanted there own forum section.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1016188/m/6751068188 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7471016188/m/6751068188)

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1016188/m/3901067188 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7471016188/m/3901067188)

There two other threads there talking about the same thing.

If anyone from UbiSoft is looking at these forums, MAYBE, they'll take the hint if they seen 10 threads on it. RUSE is an awesome game, really the only problem I have with it is the time limit.

VaMook
09-12-2010, 06:41 AM
Well then people if ya sick of seeing the same posts on UNLIMITED time that means there are many people want a friggn change! will smith ,go wine else where

MaDeToFaDe
09-12-2010, 08:29 AM
Hope all your threads get locked.

VaMook
09-12-2010, 08:51 AM
why are you being so negative.. damn no need, cant you see the point if this,
its ****ed people off that they cant enjoy the full potential of the game due to time limits. repesct other peoples desires please! fair enough there are a few posts. but damn not every one a FORM GURU!

Ghoullio
09-12-2010, 09:19 AM
Hope all your threads get locked.

Lol. And to think i was the first one to post for an unlimited time option.

Afc_andy
09-12-2010, 11:46 AM
I sent a pm message to mr shade about the unlimited time limit and gave a good arguement to support it. And he told me he had forwarded this to the dev team. I urge everyone who wants an unlimited time limit to message an ubi moderator with a reason supporting why there should be unlimited time. With any luck eventually the dev team will listen to us and make this game the perfect RTS http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

oelikoelie
12-30-2010, 02:45 PM
I bought this game and youre absolutely right. Yhe time limit ruins the whole game.
Everybody who is wvnking here about a topic that exists twice. Get the f out of here..sometimes Id realy want to squeeze your little brains like an orange juice ,, morrons.
Its normal if you pay lots of cach on games and consoles, that you have to complain if something is seriously wrong.

Warforger
12-30-2010, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by oelikoelie:
I bought this game and youre absolutely right. Yhe time limit ruins the whole game.
Everybody who is wvnking here about a topic that exists twice. Get the f out of here..sometimes Id realy want to squeeze your little brains like an orange juice ,, morrons.
Its normal if you pay lots of cach on games and consoles, that you have to complain if something is seriously wrong.

I've rarely encountered a game that would've changed if it had more time, usually that's a game where there's a standstill and the console itself is more likely to crash then a clear victory in those games. Hell ranked is 25 minutes long, I played a game and by the last minute I was mopping up his base and this wasn't even a noob! he only had two AA guns left, and I wasn't really that unhappy that I didn't kill them.

soljay
12-31-2010, 08:54 AM
I DEMAND a lower time limit.

Why won't these devs listen to me. i mean they OWE me a smaller time limit. this game is just too long for my busy lifestyle!!

Matches should be a maximum of 5 minutes. whoever builds the most in 5 minutes, wins!!

Please devs, do your duty and LOWER the limit

maikkelis95
01-01-2011, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by soljay:
I DEMAND a lower time limit.

Why won't these devs listen to me. i mean they OWE me a smaller time limit. this game is just too long for my busy lifestyle!!

Matches should be a maximum of 5 minutes. whoever builds the most in 5 minutes, wins!!

Please devs, do your duty and LOWER the limit what a great idea! lol...jk no please to that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

FlipmodeSH
01-04-2011, 06:14 AM
I DEMAND unlimited threads on the same subject!

They may be able to ignore two threads, or even three... but how much harder will it be for them to ignore 12, or maybe 57!

Oh...equally easy.

AverageSoldier
01-04-2011, 07:21 AM
We need more USA units! All the USA players, people that dont play USA like me want them to get more units which are all super and faster and more armoured. Only give them nukes to because USA is weak.........

SABOT00
01-04-2011, 12:37 PM
There's a reason Consoles have time limits and unit limits.
The consoles don't have that much processing power, so, to ensure a smooth playing experience for them the devs set certain parameters: such as a unit limit to make sure you can't have too many rockets, and a time limit due to what I presume to be RAM/Memory limitations.

DrumR0ll
01-04-2011, 01:52 PM
how do I build a scarab?

SABOT00
01-04-2011, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by DrumR0ll:
how do I build a scarab?
You don't.

InfiniteStates
01-05-2011, 02:35 AM
Maybe the time limit is there because the game crashes if left to run too long? Perhaps it fails soak tests, or has a small memory leak.

I set up the final campaign mission such that I could just leave it gaining XP. I was going to leave it all night, but it crashed after about an hour and a half, when my score was at around 50k...

SABOT00
01-05-2011, 10:19 AM
Did you do that on the PC? Ruse uses about 300 MB of RAM, the OS uses about 1.7GB, so RUSE can use 2.3 GB of RAM and not crash for me.

GenDuck
01-05-2011, 03:58 PM
You dont need unlimited time.

If anyone remembers a RTS called Warzone 2150 (I think) Still my favourite RTS.

Basically set year 2150 your the last few humans blah blah blah. Anyway you had hundreds or techs to research. to advance. All weapons research though. Although you did this over the course off the campaign. No level was longer than 2 hours. Two hours was always just about right. And the gimmick that makes me love the game is all the research you do unlocks different propulsion, vehicle and weapon templates, Which you used these to build your tanks to your design. You had light to super heavy body options. Wheels to track to hovor to V-TOL and every weapon from light machinegun to railgun.

Thing was you were forever having to update designs and recycle ya old units which all gained combat experience but whenever you scrapped a unit the next unit you built gained that experience. So on a 2 hour battle you were forever changing things. but to get your units built organised and strat ready took the first hour. The battle only last an hour and was always ample.

1 hour battle time in RUSE is more than enough. But that is only it you could start the hour with all your research, building, deployment and strategy in place at the very start.

But if you want to be organised to that level in RUSE so you feel like your Commander in chief . That takes atleast 30minutes. And if your opponent has done the same the last half hour to fight the battle isnt long enough for there to be an truly appropriate outcome providing both opponents are equally skilled.

Even a 30 min increase would make so much difference.

mdkm1983
01-13-2011, 04:34 AM
I think one hour is way to short time for a game like this. Strategy is all about getting into just the right position to be able to strike with your forces full potential. While I think that Unit limitations may be necessary I am yet to be sold on it as the PS3 is a very powerful unit in itself. If you’re worried about memory limitations then you could use limited resources to force endgame. But the time limit is both unfair on console gamers as the developers as are even though we pay just as much for the game as PC users, and unnecessary

this is my first message on this but I felt the need to vent my disappointment with UBI Developers.

gotsumoves
01-13-2011, 10:07 AM
Personally I like the time limit. The score settles the winner. Now if the score was 1000 to 1 and because time limit was reached it ended in a tie that would be aggravating. Basically all players know the time limit so it prompts them to get moving. There would be alot more turtling by players if time limit was set on infinite IMHO. France might have more of a following then.
-Gots

InfiniteStates
01-14-2011, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by SABOT00:
Did you do that on the PC? Ruse uses about 300 MB of RAM, the OS uses about 1.7GB, so RUSE can use 2.3 GB of RAM and not crash for me.
A memory leak won't crash the game on PC - well, not for a very, very long time anyway. For one, you have a lot more physical memory available than a console, and two: Windows will fall-back to swap disk when the physical memory is exhausted (although obviously performance will take a huge hit at this stage).

Take for example:

Particle * thisPart = AllocateParticle (part_smoke);

thisPart->PositionSet (deadTank->PositionGet ());

If AllocateParticle fails, thisPart will equal zero and crash when trying to set the position. Normally you would test it for zero before accessing it, but that may not always be the case, or it may only be tested in debug builds.

If thisPart is not deleted when it's screen life has expired, a memory leak ensues, and eventually, on any platform, AllocateParticle will fail and the game will crash.

My guess is that RUSE is leaking a very small amount of memory, either from a combat particle allocation, or an ambient sound effect. Mainly because it seems to be time based.

stchris666
01-16-2011, 11:58 AM
so are you saying you want me than a hour to sit there doing nothing but build a **** load of units?where the skill in that?i try to stay clear of matches over 30 mins as there all the same.
Shorter games is where you skills are show,you have to know what units to research/upgrade and which to leave as they are.And makes you get your ae*e in gear and do something.