PDA

View Full Version : So when is ACR for PC gonna be pushed back to Q1 2012?

ThaWhistle
05-26-2011, 05:48 PM
cuz we all know its almost definitely gonna happen.

phil.llllll
05-26-2011, 05:50 PM
Probably when the release date for consoles closes in as they have for the past two titles.

drumaddict
05-26-2011, 05:52 PM
lets say septemberhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

TheLeoCrow
05-27-2011, 05:24 AM
(Edit: what will probably happen is that) first there will be hints like "forgetting" to mention PC when they talk about when the game releases in interviews. Officially (Edit: PROBABLY) it will be delayed a couple days before the release day

Chief-ubi.com
05-27-2011, 05:31 AM
No offense, i don't think it would be delayed, since ubi do not wanna lose the holiday competition in Nov, you know, the competition, say, MW3 and BF3.

justinpunny
05-27-2011, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by TheLeoCrow:
First there will be hints like "forgetting" to mention PC when they talk about when the game releases in interviews. Officially it will be delayed a couple days before the release day

Oh really ?! Your reply just sounds like an Official One, as if you work for UBI or you speak on their behalf to some extent. No offense, but we are not arguing with you on this. but try to change your Tone, when you write such things.

Making a guess is ok, based on past AC releases, but unless you have full confirmation, Don't commit anything.

Anyway, like all other gamers have stated, I think we still don't know when will ACR be out for the PC ? I too hope it's Not delayed too much as some others have mentioned before.

cheers,
justin.

Razrback16
05-27-2011, 06:24 AM
I will try to hold out some hope that they will treat the PC fanbase better from here on out.

TheLeoCrow
05-27-2011, 11:27 AM
Well, they did what I described in the first three games, I think it is safe to assume the same will happen again. Yes, it is a guess and I really hope I'm wrong but their history doesn't inspire much hope about that. Besides, the thread title itself asks for a guess, it is safe to assume that anything written in this thread is either a guess or a hope or a fear.

The only reason why they would change now would be that AC3 has to deal with the templar satelite launch in december 2012, therefore they would probably try to release ac3 on all platforms before that.

Either way, I will preorder the game, same as I did with the previous ones, but I really doubt it will be released before 2012.

ThaWhistle
05-27-2011, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Chief-ubi.com:
No offense, i don't think it would be delayed, since ubi do not wanna lose the holiday competition in Nov, you know, the competition, say, MW3 and BF3.

Yeah, because they have totally made an effort to do that in the past. Im pretty sure they are perfectly content on waiting till the spring game release block and pretending that us PC players were going to get it in november until they realized they still needed another 5 months on it.

I plan on pre-ordering BF3, not even touching MW3 and waiting until february or early march to pre-order ACR, since that is probably we we'll get a release date.

Black_Widow9
05-27-2011, 02:23 PM
First there will be hints like "forgetting" to mention PC when they talk about when the game releases in interviews. Officially it will be delayed a couple days before the release day
I would watch how you say that. Impersonating Ubisoft staff will earn you a ban... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

TheLeoCrow
05-27-2011, 07:12 PM
How did I impersonate being ubisoft staff? It was a prediction in a speculation thread, not a statement. Using the word "they" when refering to ubisoft, is a dead give away that I'm not one of them. And besides, to the best of my knowledge, ubisoft staff say they are ubisoft stuff under their nickname.

I guess i should have added the word "probably" in that post. But it didn't even cross my mind that someone would even think i was saying that as if i was someone at ubisoft.

Vey03
05-28-2011, 03:06 AM
Well, they did what I described in the first three games, I think it is safe to assume the same will happen again. Yes, it is a guess and I really hope I'm wrong but their history doesn't inspire much hope about that. Besides, the thread title itself asks for a guess, it is safe to assume that anything written in this thread is either a guess or a hope or a fear.

The only reason why they would change now would be that AC3 has to deal with the templar satelite launch in december 1012, therefore they would probably try to release ac3 on all platforms before that.

Yeah, i'm not really sure what will happen, but we're screwed either way.

If they release late for PC, then we'll have to wait, yet again.

And if they release everything for everyone, then i fear a quick console port, and we all know how those end up. Nothing will work on PC.

Same goes for AC3. I would think that they would want to release it all at once, simply due to the timing and the date.
But again, PC is 5 months behind.
That's a lot of time to make up without taking shortcuts.
Either way, it ain't that crash hot for PC players.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

shop27C171CB8
05-29-2011, 06:06 AM
Expect a PC release in early 2012, as always.
If it's any earlier released, you'll atleast feel great about it.

Hawakee
05-29-2011, 07:59 AM
I guess i have to agree what most people already have said, ACR will be delayed to 2012, otherwise it will be a bad, a very bad console port and we will have to wait to 2012 anyway before Ubisoft has "eventaully" fixed the game for PC.

But on the good side, we will have Battlefield 3 that we know already will be good on PC rather than some console port.

sassinscreed
05-29-2011, 01:16 PM
i just don't get why they announce release date for pc same time as consoles if they know they are going to delay it how they did with ac2 and acb

if it is because it has to be ported to pc from console why they don't port it to pc till console release date instead of making console version and then start with porting

Jason.convery
11-07-2011, 12:09 AM
THIS IS THE WORST NEWS! WHY ARE THEY DOING THIS TO US... It makes no sense to set a release date that they cant stick to it is an amazing game that i am eager to play ... What is the reason for this ?

Jexx21
11-07-2011, 06:12 AM
There is no confirmed release date for the PC version of ACR.. >.>

sassinscreed
11-07-2011, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by ThaWhistle:
cuz we all know its almost definitely gonna happen.

probably 2nd december which is supposed to be release date for now(but ubisoft site still says november where we can see how well they communicate with their costumers, because new release date for pc is everywhere except their official site)

and the worst is that we still don't know real release date, and the game will come in 8 days

AnthonyA85
11-07-2011, 06:11 PM
As I said in another thread, i'm not waiting for the release, i'm waiting for the delay announcement.

Though I have to give them credit, they've left it very late this time round (so they might not actually delay it), usually, the delay annoucements come in August/September.

So, until i actually see a thread title saying "PC version released!", i will continue to believe, and expect, that we are going to get screwed over.

Jexx21
11-07-2011, 06:39 PM
they have 8 days to officially delay the game. If/When they do, it probably will be to November 29th/December 2nd.

AnthonyA85
11-09-2011, 10:30 AM
Well, it's about 5-6 days now for the consoles, and some of the pre-orders for the consoles have already shipped, apparently.

As for the PC release date, gamestop still says 9/12/2011, and to be honest, anything can happen in the next 6 days.

Just as anything can happen in the next half hour. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

I wonder how many will get the meaning of that reference...http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

equinoxe737
11-09-2011, 11:55 AM
i supose that the pc version would be able as a digital download from ubishop since every game shop says at about december but every oficial video or trailer says november the 15th.

i don't know, i would like to have just a simple answer from an ubisoft guy in the forums or anywhere.

dxsxhxcx
11-09-2011, 02:10 PM
I hope Ubisoft at least has the decency of tell us the new date (if they delay the game) on november 15th when they'll release the console versions of the game, this way I don't need to keep looking for information of a new date and end up finding spoilers...

AnthonyA85
11-09-2011, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by equinoxe737:
i supose that the pc version would be able as a digital download from ubishop since every game shop says at about december but every oficial video or trailer says november the 15th.

i don't know, i would like to have just a simple answer from an ubisoft guy in the forums or anywhere.

The Forum mods, managers and admin know about as much as we do about the release date, since the people who decide on the release dates are MUCH HIGHER up the Chain-O-Command.

But i agree, it would be nice to know a SOLID date sooner rather than later.

xdj1nn
11-09-2011, 05:06 PM
Ubisoft is the 2nd company when it comes to disrespectful and insane release delays for PC... They only lose to Rockstar (worst DRMs and GTA 4 for example, took 1 year to be launched on PC, ONE YEAR!) Ubi does the same, don't care about the fanbase on PC, they just do not care... If they did, they would've tried, at least this once, to release it on the freaking promised date, most Websites are stating a launch around December, STEAM and the OFFICIAL WEBSITE says it will happen this month, if it follows like STEAM and the OFFICIAL WEBSITE says, the game will, miraculously, be launched in time, everyone will be happy, but if it does not, there's a 90% chance of the game being delayed til like, march 2012...

Not trusting them made me to not pre-order the game on STEAM, and if this delay to Dec is real, they really should update the freakin website with the correct dates...

Mr_Shade
11-10-2011, 11:13 AM
Please check the pinned thread:

Ubisoft have just announced the release dates:

North America 29th November

EMEA 1st December.

And for those about to ask what EMEA means = basically everywhere other than North America, so Europe, the Middle East and Africa.

LordAndromeda
11-10-2011, 12:52 PM
Frankly, if it means fixing some of the glitches that persist even to this day in brotherhood (like freezing stuck inside the animus chair after unlocking "the truth") I would WELCOME a delay. I adore Blizzard, because they work VERY hard and VERY long on their games. Can you think of even one glitch that persisted longer than a month on a single Blizzard game? I doubt it. Most peoples' complaints are either with their arbitrary taste in games, or the release time. Yet, if the release time was moved up, they would then complain about the glitches.

Make me wait till 2013 for all i give a %!@$^ Ubisoft, just make this game less "troll-worthy" than the last one. Like comments on youtube state very clearly, that quest where you need to run away with the apple and not get hurt? NOTHING but a troll mission to troll us. Yes I got full sync. Doesn't mean I'm not angry about it.

AnthonyA85
11-10-2011, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
Please check the pinned thread:

Ubisoft have just announced the release dates:

North America 29th November

EMEA 1st December.

Thanks for the heads up Shade http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

xdj1nn
11-11-2011, 07:28 AM
I don't believe this new release date, that's it, I'm not buying it, going for Skyrim...

restomaniac
11-11-2011, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by LordAndromeda:
Frankly, if it means fixing some of the glitches that persist even to this day in brotherhood (like freezing stuck inside the animus chair after unlocking "the truth") I would WELCOME a delay. I adore Blizzard, because they work VERY hard and VERY long on their games. Can you think of even one glitch that persisted longer than a month on a single Blizzard game? I doubt it. Most peoples' complaints are either with their arbitrary taste in games, or the release time. Yet, if the release time was moved up, they would then complain about the glitches.

Make me wait till 2013 for all i give a %!@$^ Ubisoft, just make this game less "troll-worthy" than the last one. Like comments on youtube state very clearly, that quest where you need to run away with the apple and not get hurt? NOTHING but a troll mission to troll us. Yes I got full sync. Doesn't mean I'm not angry about it. You mean apart from the herb that is half way up a tree and is therefore unfarmable or the ore that is INSIDE a rock which gives the same result, And that is off the top of my head.
If you want them to make you wait then don't buy it when it is released.
I would rather have an unspoiled storyline thanks.

mrgoboom
11-11-2011, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by restomaniac:
You mean apart from the herb that is half way up a tree and is therefore unfarmable or the ore that is INSIDE a rock which gives the same result, And that is off the top of my head.

Note to self (and anyone who has the problem described above): Don't check the forums from console release until the day before pc release, just to be sure that it actually will release when it is supposed to.

restomaniac
11-12-2011, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by mrgoboom:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by restomaniac:
You mean apart from the herb that is half way up a tree and is therefore unfarmable or the ore that is INSIDE a rock which gives the same result, And that is off the top of my head.

Note to self (and anyone who has the problem described above): Don't check the forums from console release until the day before pc release, just to be sure that it actually will release when it is supposed to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>And a note to the poster above.
Was I on the forum when I had the story spoiled about Lucy dieing?
Nope I was actually playing World Of Warcraft and it was announced by another player in trade whilst I was stood in Org.
It is harder not to find out than some seem to think.

mrgoboom
11-12-2011, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by restomaniac:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mrgoboom:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by restomaniac:

Note to self (and anyone who has the problem described above): Don't check the forums from console release until the day before pc release, just to be sure that it actually will release when it is supposed to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>And a note to the poster above.
Was I on the forum when I had the story spoiled about Lucy dieing?
Nope I was actually playing World Of Warcraft and it was announced by another player in trade whilst I was stood in Org.
It is harder not to find out than some seem to think. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Fair enough.
Just saying those who come to the forum after console release are asking for spoilers.
Hopefully if it is only a 2 week delay you won't have too much difficulty avoiding spoilers.