PDA

View Full Version : No glyph puzzles in Constantinople?!?!

De Filosoof
10-09-2011, 03:12 PM
The thing i really liked in AC2 and AC: brotherhood were the glyph puzzles.
It was a nice distraction from the main objective.
They were challenging and the "conspiracy" elements were also really nice and quite unique in videogames.
But i just red an interview on computerandvideogames.com that says they will not be included in AC: Revelations.
here's what it says:

The puzzle sequence as seen in Assassin's Creed 2 and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood are not coming back for Revelations. However, an all new offer based on Desmond's experience in the Animus will offer to fans a new way to explore the Assassin's Creed universe. Mystery is at the heart of the entire Desmond experience; riddles, signs, symbols, and half remembered dreams. The majority of the game-play in these Animus section focuses on movement, timing, and precision, but we also include some illusion based puzzles inspired by the work of Rene Magritte and Roger Penrose. The main goal here is to encourage the player to think and engage with the environment, not simply pass it by.

I like the new puzzle based gameplay in desmonds story but why not keep both? Assassins creed is all about mystery, so why not?
It also lengthens the single player game...

I wonder what your opinions are about this subject.

(sorry for my bad english i'm from Holland http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif )

ShaneO7K
10-09-2011, 03:17 PM
There's no real point to them now that *Spoiler* <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Subject 16</span> *Spoiler* will be helping Desmond along the way, no need for puzzles when he can just come out and tell him.

dxsxhxcx
10-09-2011, 03:17 PM
there's no reason to have glyphs in Constantinople when [SPOILER] <span class="ev_code_WHITE">we are able to talk with S16 "in person"</span>, but I believe the Desmond' sequences inside the Black Room will have a lot of hidden messages...

Moultonborough
10-09-2011, 03:27 PM
I just looked at info about both of them. She's weird but should provide some cool puzzles. If I found the right one I am dreading his. I hate math with a passion.

Altair661
10-09-2011, 03:28 PM
If the Desmond sections are as detailed and filled with Story as well as <span class="ev_code_WHITE">S16</span> like they say, I'll be fine without the glyphs.

De Filosoof
10-09-2011, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
There's no real point to them now that *Spoiler* <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Subject 16</span> *Spoiler* will be helping Desmond along the way, no need for puzzles when he can just come out and tell him.

True...But if Desmonds story isn't sandbox gameplay...it would mean it is part of the main story...and you don't have to search for them...(i really liked that part, finding the glyphs)
It's also nice that it's a "sidequest", so many people won't even do it or find them.. what makes it even more mysterious. I'm wondering how they will pull it off in the desmond story part.
Can't wait for the game!

Moultonborough
10-09-2011, 03:35 PM
It still nicely broke up the city's. I liked searching for clues with a hidden program. I will miss it.

De Filosoof
10-09-2011, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Moultonborough:
It still nicely broke up the city's. I liked searching for clues with a hidden program. I will miss it.

Exactly, me too...http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

inf1nity07
10-09-2011, 03:42 PM
It would be cool if the put in penrose's staircase!

LightRey
10-09-2011, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by inf1nity07:
Lol, that'd be really cool.

Moultonborough
10-09-2011, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by inf1nity07:
Lol, that'd be really cool. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Make for a great riddle. Now that I think back the screenshot from the GI article of the Black Room kinda reminds me of them.

De Filosoof
10-09-2011, 04:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7lr0SYUfEo

Piece of eden @ 0.49 !! lol

Moultonborough
10-09-2011, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by thijs_bijlsma:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7lr0SYUfEo

Piece of eden @ 0.49 !! lol

Might want to put some sort of disclaimer warning of some of the pictures. Good number of young kids on here.

cless711
10-09-2011, 05:18 PM
I remember in a Q & A, Ubigabe answered a question like this and he said that there will be more of those puzzles in AC:R. It was the 2nd Q & A that he was in PAX.

Calvarok
10-09-2011, 05:25 PM
Basically what this means is that puzzles of that sort will be in the Black Room.