PDA

View Full Version : The Animus

The_Assassin_C
07-27-2009, 02:22 PM
Does anyone know about the story thats going to be in Abstergo? I want to see what the animus, and desmond will look like in AC 2.

EmperorxZurg
07-27-2009, 02:24 PM
Well it picks up right after AC1 ends so to my best guesses he wouldn't change or the animus in that little of time

Edengoth
07-27-2009, 04:21 PM
I think the Animus will probably have a firmware update to account for the new Memory Corridor effects (like the environment collapsing and then rebuilding itself). Probably a new look and new interface when you lie down.

That's just my guess though.

godsmack_darius
07-27-2009, 04:34 PM
Wellcome to the forums "The_Assassins_C"

Too Answer your question here is my best knowledge of what I no

Ac2 takes places exactly One frame after AC2, so the beggining of AC2 is right at the end of AC1, with Desmond looking all confused and seeing all the writing on his wall.

And the Animus will probably be the same, maybe just a few updates like Edengoth said, and it looks like we will able to see more then just what Ezio saw, because if you look at the E3 demo it cuts to a scene were you see your Assassination target, killing someone, Ezio never saw that, he was right on top the roof,

So maybe we will able to see alot more of the enviroment during cutscenes then we did on AC1

Xanatos2007
07-27-2009, 10:38 PM
Keep in mind that was just an E3 demo, not part of the game or Ezio's memories. And I think (mentioned in another thread somewhere) that there'll be a new Animus, given the new 'white' theme as opposed to AC1's 'blue' theme. Vidic did say "Animus, it's an Animus." indicating there's more than one.

Airadan
07-28-2009, 12:29 AM
I think Xanatos is on to it maybe a assassin Animus??

By the way I was surfing on the net the other day and found the word Animus means "soul" in Latin.....creepy

Edengoth
07-28-2009, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Airadan:
I think Xanatos is on to it maybe a assassin Animus??

By the way I was surfing on the net the other day and found the word Animus means "soul" in Latin.....creepy

I don't know why everyone keeps jumping to that conclusion. It seems like if the Assassins were capable of stealing an Animus, Abstergo would make it priority 1 to get it back. Also, I doubt the first bit of AC2 is going to take that long to get into the Animus. If Desmond has to somehow manage to escape or be rescued from Abstergo and wind up by another Animus machine controlled by Assassins, we'd be 5% through the game before anyone can even utter the word "Ezio".

But I suppose it's a possibility, and I'll have to facepalm and laugh if it turns out I'm wrong about this.

Danvish
07-28-2009, 12:47 AM
Well, I'm not sure that just because the colours of ACII is white then the Animus will be right. I mean, if I get the Black Edition, the Animus will be coloured black?

But it does make sense the Animus has been upgraded because the collapse effect. And Patrice said it is part of the upgrades that the Animus has undergone.

Edit : Edengoth@
Not if this part is mostly animated. The entire escape and you joining the Assassins can be animated, the same way with Altair being judged then "executed" by Almualim.

Edengoth
07-28-2009, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by Danvish:

Edit : Edengoth@
Not if this part is mostly animated. The entire escape and you joining the Assassins can be animated, the same way with Altair being judged then "executed" by Almualim.

True. I guess he could black out during some dramatic something-or-other and wake up in the care of Assassins.

thekyle0
07-28-2009, 10:03 AM
If you do get taken to another animus you'll probably work with Lucy and somebody who's just as ******y as Vidic.

Edengoth
07-28-2009, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by thekyle0:
If you do get taken to another animus you'll probably work with Lucy and somebody who's just as ******y as Vidic.

Desmond's mom, maybe?
"Get in the Animus, dear!"
"Lie down!"
"You never write or call, the least you can do is cooperate!"

Danvish
07-29-2009, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by Edengoth:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thekyle0:

Desmond's mom, maybe?
"Get in the Animus, dear!"
"Lie down!"
"You never write or call, the least you can do is cooperate!" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol. Talking about a bleeding effect:
<desmond comes out from the Animus>
Desmond's mom: Dear, what do you want for dinner?
Desmond: What Ezio just ate! It looks delicious!