PDA

View Full Version : 14 HRS and for upgrade?

Maverick1864
02-24-2005, 08:47 PM
i was just starting to upgrade PF and it said download time was 14 hrs and 3 min for an upgrade? what is up with that all i have is dial up internet and cant stay on that long anyone got any other ideas on updating?

Maverick1864
02-24-2005, 08:47 PM
i was just starting to upgrade PF and it said download time was 14 hrs and 3 min for an upgrade? what is up with that all i have is dial up internet and cant stay on that long anyone got any other ideas on updating?

VW-IceFire
02-24-2005, 09:27 PM
Yeah, they are larger patches. Probably time to invest in high speed if you can (prices are falling and the new "lite" high speed packages are everwhere).

That or some sort of download manager so you can download it while you're on and pause it while you're off.

Weather_Man
02-24-2005, 11:17 PM
102Mb--gives me just enough time to wee and get another beer. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

Got a friend with DSL who can d/l and burn it for you?

ronison
02-24-2005, 11:56 PM
First I want to point out that some people are too far out of town to get high speed so are stuck with dial up. My dad is one of these people and I have to burn him a copy of the patches.

Another idea would be to maybe go to your local library or a Computer Caffe. If your library has computers that have internet access, and alot do these days, you may get lucky and find a machine with a CD burner. That may be streaching it some but then again most computers do now have USB connections and they do have thoes portable drives.... just a few ideas there.