PDA

View Full Version : The game seems kinda short?

rusmagnus
05-30-2007, 08:07 AM
I looked over most of the trailers, and it seems there were only 3 assasion targets? i dont know, but if u only gotta kill 3 main people it can get kinda short.. even with the small missions around it..

mormonplyr
05-30-2007, 08:27 AM
You have to kill 9 people plus any other side misions. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

AmitySnowman
05-30-2007, 08:28 AM
I'm sure there will be more than three main targets, the game has been in productions for years so I'm sure they have managed to lengthen the game out a bit.

They have probably only shown three people because they don't what to show off every target, also all "target" which have been shown are Crusaders, it has been said that you will be killing people on both sides of the war.

Jo_991
05-30-2007, 09:21 AM
if watch all the developer dairy u just mighit see/here Jade say somethig abot this http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

RetiredHatch
05-30-2007, 10:52 AM
1. there will be 9 main assassination targets to y'know... assassinate...

2. there will be more main missions than just the assassination missions

3. there will be tons of side quests.

4. you can't say a game seems short until you've actually played it and beat it within 8 hours

nuff said

Oshikai
05-30-2007, 01:42 PM
One thing I can't work out, is this game level base or in an open world. Hate to use this as everyone does but, "like Oblivion"

DrZapp
05-30-2007, 02:04 PM
There's tons of things to do, the game is not short at all. There will be a lot to explore, a lot of interactivity, although there may only be 9 assassinations, you still have to do background information searches on each person that you are going to assassinate.

Legendary_111
05-30-2007, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by rusmagnus:
I looked over most of the trailers, and it seems there were only 3 assasion targets? i dont know, but if u only gotta kill 3 main people it can get kinda short.. even with the small missions around it..

Short! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif You'll have your moneys worth... believe me.

chewie1890
05-30-2007, 05:32 PM
Downloadable content which Jade has talked about will increase the life of the game also.

Boromir323
05-30-2007, 05:36 PM
And mods!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

King32Gofather
05-30-2007, 06:46 PM
read a***in article before u post instead of just watching videos... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

oh and the whole game is free-running that means you go anywhere and kill your targets however u want...yes possibly like oblivion
**** we need a topic worth talkin about

Tlepolemus7
05-30-2007, 07:09 PM
I hate it when people say this but seeing as the game isn't actually released yet, there is absolutely no way to know.

We can find out about flawed historical alterations, iffy graphics, choppy animations and the like, but one thing we can't learn from demos and trailers is exactly how long the game will be and how much entertainment it will provide.

I will say this, it doesn't look anything like oblivion in terms of its quest lineage and infrastructure. Oblivion threw you into the world (after a brief tutorial mission) with a small, easily ignored arrow pointing towards the main questline. From what we know about this game, it looks like you will not only be guided to the main questline, but will be required to follow through it to progress through the game.

Sadly, as of now, there is no answer to your question/statement with a question mark randomly thrown on the end.

The game could as easily be a thirty five minute episodic type thing with 9 targets as a three hundred hour epic with three targets.

foxassassin
06-01-2007, 03:07 PM
uuh in an intervieuw the girl mentioned something about killing 9 key characters that are important in the crusade

but i also think that you need to gather info to seek you`re target and that kinda stuff
(i also hope you need to interogate some people http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif)

and then i don`t think you will kill some people unnotiched and don`t get a price on you`re head like you`re first murder: 100 gold, second: 350 gold, 7 kills 1.000 and then when you killed enough like wanted: DEAD!
now that would be awesome http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

moqqy
06-01-2007, 03:12 PM
It isn't very smart to take conclusions from the trailers? :P

If the trailer doesn't show Altair being in the assassin fortress it doesn't mean there isn't one. ( There is. )

EDIT: Also, how boring would it be to show all the assassination targets? We would know it all before the game is even out.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Because of that, I think that none of the guys killed in the trailers are real targets, since it would spoil it.

Sacred_92
06-01-2007, 03:20 PM
im not really worried about how long the game will last, because it's probably so cool that playing trough it one more time wont hurt you...but my biggest concern is what they do when you have completed the game(after you have killed the 9 guys)? you can just run around? can you kill other peoples and do an escape sequence? do you get other, smaller assignments from your "leader"?

i know peoples have said that there is many side-quests to do, but it has also been said that you're not tottaly free (in matter of doing your quest), so that you have to do certain quest/missions to trigger the next part of the storyline, so will the side quest come during the main missions, or after the main storyline? (this might be a little off-topic, since there is a speculation thread, but its on-topic since it's concerning the games length)

chewie1890
06-01-2007, 03:26 PM
What I think will happen is that before you do the assassination is when you can do your sidequests. Just my thoughts.

I think at the ending of the game it's going to do just that, end. It will probably leave room for the downloadable content Jade has spoken about though.

My two cents.

moqqy
06-01-2007, 03:49 PM
Jade talked about the investigation phase. That's where the side quests are most likely to happen. She said that you get the mission, then you can go to investigate. She said that if you want to explore, you do not have to go back and say that you're ready to start it.

nick0szZ
06-02-2007, 11:26 AM
I feared for this too, assuming there are 9 keyguys (they called it something like that) it could indeed be short..

but, this persons are all pretty... you know.. "famous" guys... in pics you see them beeing surrounded by many guards..

so i think, after the first assasin, they'll be on their guard, and you'll have to kill people, threathen them etc... to get to 1 of the 9 guys you need to murder..

this could make the game pretty long actually and with much funny misions, so i dont worry about it to much

Boromir323
06-02-2007, 08:41 PM
I really hope to pick some random annoying person out of the crowd i.e. some shop keeper that sells stuff for too much, and just walk up and stab them like hes a target. It would also be very cool if you were able to take out certain families or groups like completely eradicate a guild or something if they have guilds. I think that would make the game alot longer cuz you could kinda make up your own story to go with your self-planned assassinations.

chicko1983
06-03-2007, 03:56 AM
yeah, i agree with nick0szZ. The 9 main "targets" will be much harder to kill than any of the people killed in any of the trailers released, or those kills were just the early ones. after the first assassination it will get harder and youll have to plan the assassination a bit more. i hope so anyway...

moqqy
06-03-2007, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by chicko1983:
yeah, i agree with nick0szZ. The 9 main "targets" will be much harder to kill than any of the people killed in any of the trailers released, or those kills were just the early ones. after the first assassination it will get harder and youll have to plan the assassination a bit more. i hope so anyway...

I highly doubt that any of the targets killed in the trailers are in the game.

danny.b87
06-03-2007, 04:14 AM
yeah 9 key guys, but between those key guys there are other guys to kill or do something else... i dont think that you will only kill those 9 key guys and nobody else... and in one side mission you will have to kill someone to thats my guess

moqqy
06-03-2007, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by danny.b87:
yeah 9 key guys, but between those key guys there are other guys to kill or do something else... i dont think that you will only kill those 9 key guys and nobody else... and in one side mission you will have to kill someone to thats my guess

In side missions you help people, etc. And of course you can kill other people than the 9 key guys, GTA style, or they wouldn't talk bout freeroam. I mean how silly would it be if you couldn't kill the people?

danny.b87
06-03-2007, 04:44 AM
soo... but then the game doesnt seem that short anymore

fiso16
06-04-2007, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by rusmagnus:

Dude did u actually watch any of the interviews and not just the trailers cause she clearly pointed out that there would be like 9 guys and many side missions

ElKvass
06-04-2007, 04:56 PM
There is no way that they will release a short game because they have used a lot of time developing it and it wouldn't take that long to make a short game(I think). And if they have a similar kind of freedom in this game as the gta series we will be able to do a lot of other stuff after we have killed all the 9 key guys and Jade also said something about replaying missions in an interview I think. Since the game is so full of different ways to assassinate your target it would be boring not being able to try out different things.

Mojo_69
06-05-2007, 10:54 PM
the game will be amazing and long. Even if there is only 9 targets i betting you can still assassinate anyone you want for the fun of it plus the side quests may ask you to assassinate someone.

Boromir323
06-06-2007, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Mojo_69:
the game will be amazing and long. Even if there is only 9 targets i betting you can still assassinate anyone you want for the fun of it plus the side quests may ask you to assassinate someone.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif
Except about the assassination side quests. Although its possible I kinda doubt any civilians are going to ask you to kill someone for them.

Tornadium
06-10-2007, 10:07 AM
Just a thought but maybe some of the side missions could include assassinating the captain of the guards in a certain settlement or the head of the Targets guards. Sort of ease the security around the target for an easier kill.

T_Spoon_UK
06-10-2007, 11:09 AM
I'm hoping this game isnt going to be short.. it looks like it is going to be alot of fun to play and probably a bit of replayabillity in it also.

I'm just worried, because alot of 'The Popular' Ubisoft games have been incredibly short lately. lets just hope that the 4 years this has been in development lengthens it a bit http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

moqqy
06-10-2007, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Mojo_69:

lol people act like it's out already.. we have no idea if its gonna be long or amazing