PDA

View Full Version : Still need advice on Flight Controls

vocatx
01-09-2005, 01:26 PM
I first posted around Christmas concerning my lack of a manual for the original Il-2. I appreciate all the help provided by the replies I recieved. I am still having some problems, though. I am flying with a flight sim yoke and pro pedals. In the hardware set-up, when I try to adjust sensitivities, I only have roll and pitch options, no yaw axis. And the roll and pitch are on the toe brakes. I am not all that knowledgeable with computers, but I have been able to figure out FS 2004 and CFS 3, but I can't seem to figure out how to make this program read my equipment.I am able to use the pedals and yoke for primary controls, but still don't have it all working correctly. I've flown about 25 missions, have made about 20 kills, but I keep piling up planes on landing because my sensitivities aren't adjusted. I also am unable to adjust my trim. If I use the keyboard commands I just get huge inputs on whatever axis I am trying to adjust, and because the program doesn't seem to recognize my yoke, I can't use the trim on it.While the throttle works properly, I also can't use the prop governer on my yoke, I have to use auto-pitch. I'm sure it's something pretty simple, but with my limited computer knowledge I just can't figure it out. Hope some of you might be able to point me in the right direction. Thanks.
(P.S. You all were right, I've stuck with it, and this IS one great sim!)

vocatx
01-09-2005, 01:26 PM
I first posted around Christmas concerning my lack of a manual for the original Il-2. I appreciate all the help provided by the replies I recieved. I am still having some problems, though. I am flying with a flight sim yoke and pro pedals. In the hardware set-up, when I try to adjust sensitivities, I only have roll and pitch options, no yaw axis. And the roll and pitch are on the toe brakes. I am not all that knowledgeable with computers, but I have been able to figure out FS 2004 and CFS 3, but I can't seem to figure out how to make this program read my equipment.I am able to use the pedals and yoke for primary controls, but still don't have it all working correctly. I've flown about 25 missions, have made about 20 kills, but I keep piling up planes on landing because my sensitivities aren't adjusted. I also am unable to adjust my trim. If I use the keyboard commands I just get huge inputs on whatever axis I am trying to adjust, and because the program doesn't seem to recognize my yoke, I can't use the trim on it.While the throttle works properly, I also can't use the prop governer on my yoke, I have to use auto-pitch. I'm sure it's something pretty simple, but with my limited computer knowledge I just can't figure it out. Hope some of you might be able to point me in the right direction. Thanks.
(P.S. You all were right, I've stuck with it, and this IS one great sim!)

Tully__
01-09-2005, 08:59 PM
Try this thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=49310655&m=4021022062) and the "Joysticks..." link under my signature picture.

vocatx
01-09-2005, 10:30 PM
Tully,
Thanks for the leads. I'll try them out and see if I can finally get full use of the program and hardware. I'll let you know how it goes.

Bierhund
01-10-2005, 03:46 PM
Do you use the CH Control Manager? It's a powerful utility and there's a lot of community support to be found at http://www.ch-hangar.com