PDA

View Full Version : We all need a little perspective.......

Eagle_361st
12-19-2004, 08:08 PM
Given the events of the last few days, and the current turmoil that surrounds this game things have gotten quite crazy around here. Everyone is coming up with theories, solutions and just generally being a little stupid I am sorry to say. I don't mean this as a bash or anything of the like, but just voicing my opinion on all of this. Now we don't even know all of the facts and truth be told may never have them all.

So much of everything you are seeing is conjecture at best. What we do know is that Northrop contacted UBI/1c about aircraft carrying their trademarks and copyrights. It is speculation as to the rest until something more official is made known. Deal with it, if this is the case it does indeed put a dampner on this sim and possibly future ones as well. But truthfully there is absolutely next to nothing any of us can do to change this. Sure we can write our local congressman, Northrop, even Santa Claus. It just won't make a difference, money talks, BS walks.

I don't mean to sound negative or even like I am bashing anyone here. But really people this is a game, something we do for enjoyment. The product is quite fine as it stands, and if the future is indeed gloom for flight sims(Which I highly doubt) we can all find something else to entertain ourselves with. It will not ruin our lives, nor should we let it.

Every morning when I wake up I have to worry about if I will get shot in the face while making a routine traffic stop. People are fighting a war in this world, and some have lost friends and loved ones there. Those are things that can and will ruin your life, and should be worried about. But a game, especially this time of year and with everything that is going on in this world. It's just plain stupid to worry ourselves into panic like we have been over a game. Remember what is really important to you in your life, your loved ones, friends, and most importantly yourself. So please take a step back, take a deep breath and have a Happy Holidays.

Eagle_361st
12-19-2004, 08:08 PM
Given the events of the last few days, and the current turmoil that surrounds this game things have gotten quite crazy around here. Everyone is coming up with theories, solutions and just generally being a little stupid I am sorry to say. I don't mean this as a bash or anything of the like, but just voicing my opinion on all of this. Now we don't even know all of the facts and truth be told may never have them all.

So much of everything you are seeing is conjecture at best. What we do know is that Northrop contacted UBI/1c about aircraft carrying their trademarks and copyrights. It is speculation as to the rest until something more official is made known. Deal with it, if this is the case it does indeed put a dampner on this sim and possibly future ones as well. But truthfully there is absolutely next to nothing any of us can do to change this. Sure we can write our local congressman, Northrop, even Santa Claus. It just won't make a difference, money talks, BS walks.

I don't mean to sound negative or even like I am bashing anyone here. But really people this is a game, something we do for enjoyment. The product is quite fine as it stands, and if the future is indeed gloom for flight sims(Which I highly doubt) we can all find something else to entertain ourselves with. It will not ruin our lives, nor should we let it.

Every morning when I wake up I have to worry about if I will get shot in the face while making a routine traffic stop. People are fighting a war in this world, and some have lost friends and loved ones there. Those are things that can and will ruin your life, and should be worried about. But a game, especially this time of year and with everything that is going on in this world. It's just plain stupid to worry ourselves into panic like we have been over a game. Remember what is really important to you in your life, your loved ones, friends, and most importantly yourself. So please take a step back, take a deep breath and have a Happy Holidays.

Bearcat99
12-19-2004, 08:27 PM
You are right of course..... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

T_O_A_D
12-19-2004, 10:27 PM
Alright Alright

Who's the joker that got Eagle's signon?

No seriously lets have a Happy Holiday All.

Besides theres always next year to make things worse. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

Eagle_361st
12-20-2004, 01:19 AM
Yeah I figured I should get my one serious post out of the way for year before it was over. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

tHeBaLrOgRoCkS
12-20-2004, 01:22 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Hey I'm fine its everybody else. Mind you it does kinda make me wonder if someone is putting a little too much caffine in the town water supply these days? Personaly I think its a conspiracy.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

IAFS_Painter
12-20-2004, 01:40 AM
While I agree that for most of us reading or posting to this forum, there are worse things than ending development if a game ...

... there are guys out there who get paid to develop this game, and their JOBS are on the line here.

OK, it's not their whole life, but it is a pretty significant part if it.

Eagle_361st
12-20-2004, 01:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by IAFS_Painter:
While I agree that for most of us reading or posting to this forum, there are worse things than ending development if a game ...

... there are guys out there who get paid to develop this game, and their _JOBS_ are on the line here.

OK, it's not their whole life, but it is a pretty significant part if it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes I totally agree with you, but we are not helping them or ourselves one bit with all of the recent drama and tension. All we can do is wait, hope and pray things will be worked out with amicable solutions. And continue to support Oleg and companies work financially.

HansKnappstick
12-20-2004, 02:31 AM
Could someone explain this trademark folly to me? Somple words please?

I seem to understand that the word "Mustang" is copyrighted, so every product that uses it must py a fee to the Northrop company, isn't it? So, if I write a book on Middlewest history I have to pay as well?

May I copyright words like "salvation", so that I get a fee every time someone prints a Bible?

tHeBaLrOgRoCkS
12-20-2004, 03:47 AM
There are no simple terms when this subject is involved. Every one seems to have their own opinion on this subject and it would appear that they are all going to start their own individual threads on why or why not so and so argument is wrong right or just plain stoopid.

Far as I can tell its all just pointless paranoid speculation based loosley on fact and fiction and if I were you I wouldnt bother yourself with it.

In fact if I were you right now I would go get my self a large whisky and start enjoying the seasons festivities.

Hell I am only here right now cos I am stuck here at work.

Happy Holiday's http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif