PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts about Rainbow Six: Vegas so far............

Real720
03-07-2006, 08:14 PM
Judging by the screenshots, I think this game will definitely be a huge success! And also, it's really good to have Montreal working on the next project (which is not so surprising)!

Real720
03-07-2006, 08:14 PM
Judging by the screenshots, I think this game will definitely be a huge success! And also, it's really good to have Montreal working on the next project (which is not so surprising)!

drunkrepublican
03-07-2006, 08:16 PM
It looks incredible, I just hope the tactical gameplay of R63 and Black Arrow returns.

SilentAce07
03-07-2006, 08:29 PM
Sorry, i wasnt interested in lockdown, but which Ubi made lockdown? Because ever since splinter cell, i have high respect/expectations of Montreal

drunkrepublican
03-07-2006, 08:33 PM
I'm not sure, but I/m pretty sure this game won't play ANYTHING like lockdown.

JFRESH1985
03-07-2006, 09:07 PM
Im pretty sure lockdown was a mixture of both Redstorm and Montreal if my memory serves me correct. Oh and here's to new beginnings and hopfully going the right direction in this franchise that has so much untapped potential, Cheers

Real720
03-07-2006, 09:15 PM
Rainbow Six 3 and Rainbow Six 3 Black Arrow were developed by Ubisoft Montreal, but Lockdown was developed by Redstorm.

SilentAce07
03-07-2006, 09:35 PM
Thanks. And yea, i trust montreal to do this one right.

TH3Hammer
03-07-2006, 10:32 PM
Looks promising. I just hope that since they are dusting off all of the great maps from Rainbow Six and Rogue Spear for Critical Hour, they will polish them up some more and add them in for multiplayer on RB6:Vegas.

I won't be buying any more regular XBOX games so I'll be missing out on those maps in Critical Hour and I enjoyed so many of the maps the first time around. Doesn't hurt to ask http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

NEFARIOC
03-08-2006, 09:04 AM
I eagerly await the beta testing...oh wait, wrong forums. I eagerly await the first player review.

hangtime8705
03-08-2006, 04:05 PM
I like what I'm seeing thus far, and I'm taken already. LOL. Maybe its the bomb graphics or the character detail. Whatever. But I think they'll implement more user friendly features such as the Brothers in Arms like movement system. That would make movement so much easier. But yeah ubi won't screw this one up. Count on it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

PANZER_SIX1976
03-08-2006, 11:48 PM
Honestly I don't know what to expect. You people seem to love RS3 a lot. I liked that one and I hated Rainbow Six:Letdown, sorry I mean Lockdown but what I really liked were the old ones. R. Spear and Raven Shield on the PC. I really miss a couple of things from those games that were missing on the console ones. First, Mission Plannig was great, second, having the option of using 3 squads at the same time, 8 operatives at the same time, that was great.

I hope they go back to the series roots and make it more tactical and more hardcore. But I know that my whishes aren't the same of their target market.

I'm one of the FEW.

TAW_Fang
03-09-2006, 04:29 PM
You know, I've heard lots of people mentioning how much they loved the original R6 series so I went and re-loaded those games to see what they were like. While the mission planning was okay, the game play was, in my opinion, inferior to that of RvS. I didn't like the reticule, the movement didn't feel realistic to me at all and the graphics were not good (which is to be expected--I remember thinking they were good at the time). As a player, I think that RvS was a slight divergence but forward progress for that series. Lockdown, however, is a completely different story and I don't even want to get started on that.

If Vegas is to RvS what RvS was to Urban Ops, then we're all in for a treat and it will go a LONG way to correct the misstep that they made with the release of Lockdown. I'm just trying to not get my hopes up as they were crushed with the release of Lockdown... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

WGSpeddyeddy25
03-09-2006, 07:47 PM
I just hope this game doesnt have PEC or team sharpshooter. I hope a lot of things return to the old rainbow six ways but I really want PEC, classes, and team sharpshooter out of there. pretty much all the things that made the game unrealistic. ( to point out, in PEC it would continue your stats after you've been killed, so if anyone tries to counter with PEC is realistic try smoking that!)

Aj6627
03-09-2006, 09:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Real720:
Rainbow Six 3 and Rainbow Six 3 Black Arrow were developed by Ubisoft Montreal, but Lockdown was developed by Redstorm. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Correction: All 3 were developed by Montreal.
Red Storm only did the PC and PS2 versions of Lockdown.

Scoobypunk101
08-20-2006, 02:41 PM
I think Ravenshield on the PC was great and as far as my program files say that was made by Redstorm, but I thought lockdown was a big letdown. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Jermtheory
08-20-2006, 04:28 PM
the game looks and sounds amazing....if it has the ability to lock out 3rd person in mp and the accuracy is realistic[combining for some true realistic tactical play]it could be a dream come true.

GSG_9_Rage
08-20-2006, 07:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scoobypunk101:
I think Ravenshield on the PC was great and as far as my program files say that was made by Redstorm, but I thought lockdown was a big letdown. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, it was Montreal, its real decieveing. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Real720
08-21-2006, 04:48 PM
Whoa...... I forgot all about this thread! Ahhhhhh the memories.......

Vipx64
08-21-2006, 05:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by drunkrepublican:
It looks incredible, I just hope the tactical gameplay of R63 and Black Arrow returns. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Me 2. I'm really in the mood to play a next gen black arrow. But I def. won't buy this game without playing a demo or renting it first. UBI has lost my trust.

goose_uk_360
08-27-2006, 07:55 AM
it looks good, the 1p will be spectacular without a doubt. Bringing back the +1 loading of the guns is definately a good sign. HOWEVER it is concerning there have been no multiplayer images, previews, or details at all and after the trauma i experience with Letdown I will need reasurance with a demo. as i expect others will.

I have faith tho' Ubi must realise that one more Lockdown/Critical hour travesty will cost them 99% of their hard-core audience