PDA

View Full Version : I can't hear voices

bbinthemaking
08-23-2010, 09:18 PM
I can't hear voices. For example during the beginning scene I can't hear anyone talking, but I know people are talking because if I have subtitles on I can see what they are saying. Also, when I am playing the game, I don't hear that girl talking to me to give me advice or help or whatever, but I hear other characters cursing at me when I shoot them or whatever...
It appears to be a common problem... but a answer i have yet to find... please help

KingDaniel0
08-24-2010, 02:38 AM
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which Sound Card are you using ? I presume you must have already updated your Audio/Sound drivers ? If you are using Windows XP, then you can try reducing the 'Audio Hardware Acceleration'. Try experimenting by lowering the acceleration by one notch, and then check the Game's performance.

Also try changing your Audio/Sound settings via the Control Panel. First Change the Speaker settings/config to 'Stereo', and see if it makes any difference or not ?

Are you having a 5.1/7.1 Sound Card, and the Output is on 2 speakers ? If that's correct, then try changing the Audio Settings to Stereo/2.1 (Speaker Configuration Option)::

e.g. For Windows VISTA/7, Go to Control Panel---> Sound----> Playback Options Tab. Under this Tab, choose the Device you use for sound, and click on the 'Configure' button. And then change the Audio Channel to *Stereo*, if it is set to something else. First check what is given here by default.

For Windows XP, Go to Control Panel---> Sound and Audio Devices----> Volume Tab. Now under the 'Speaker Settings' Option, click on Advanced. Here you can select the correct Speaker Setup, e.g. Desktop stereo Speakers, depending on your PC. First check what is given here by Default. You can also change the 'Hardware Acceleration' here, under the Performance TAB.

http://a.imageshack.us/img691/6578/soundvolumez.jpg

Also check the in-game AUDIO settings and change it accordingly e.g. to 2.1/5.1, depending on which Sound Card/Speakers you are using. If the above method does not solve your problem, then try doing a FRESH and a clean install of the Game again. Maybe some AUDIO files may be missing, or got corrupted.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bbinthemaking
08-24-2010, 01:54 PM
Hey man thank you for the help but this did not work. I can hear voices, but I can't hear sam fisher talk, or that person that helps you throughout the game talk... its very hard to play like that because i have to make sure I am hidden every time I hear a voice... is their any other solutions

Agent.Ruse
08-25-2010, 04:33 PM
Which sound card are you using?

FrostHug
08-25-2010, 11:25 PM
Nah, I think his problem is not with a sound card. He hears everything except some certain voices, like if they were cut out.

bbinthemaking, didn't you have any problems during the installation? Were your antivirus off during the process? Have you tried to reinstall the game? Is it actually a licensed copy?

bbinthemaking
08-26-2010, 09:06 AM
lmao, yah its a licensed copy. I downloaded it from steam. and yes, i tried to reinstall the game. Ive been on the phone with ubisoft tech support about this numerous times, they don't know what they are talking about

KingDaniel0
08-26-2010, 09:30 AM
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello again bbinthemaking,

OK, as you are having the STEAM version of SCC, I suggest you also try to verify the Integrity of the Game Cache Files (GCF). Don't know whether doing this will resolve this SOUND problem, but there is no harm in trying it out. Give this a read:

https://support.steampowered.c...p?ref=2037-QEUH-3335 (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335)

What did UBI TECH support suggest you to do ? Btw, what is the exact MODEL of your Sound Card ? Maybe you need to alter/change some Settings there, at the card's Control Panel/Interface ? Or are you using the MOBO's onboard Sound Card ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agent.Ruse
08-26-2010, 05:00 PM
If the sound card isn't set up properly (setting the card to 5.1 then putting on a 2.1 headset and not making the changes) it won't render sound correctly. Missing audio, only direction audio of the sound is at your 3.00, skipping audio etc..

Verifying the game intergrity is a good suggestion though.

bbinthemaking
08-26-2010, 10:32 PM
yah my sound card is the only bad thing about my computer. it came with the motherboard. I didn't really realize how important the sound card was. My drivers are 2 years old but they are up to date... I may swap sound cards from my old pc to this one... that one was a decent card... but i have a .. oh **** waith ow do i find out lol

Agent.Ruse
08-27-2010, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by bbinthemaking:
yah my sound card is the only bad thing about my computer. it came with the motherboard. I didn't really realize how important the sound card was. My drivers are 2 years old but they are up to date... I may swap sound cards from my old pc to this one... that one was a decent card... but i have a .. oh **** waith ow do i find out lol

Try a swap then - shouldn't take more than a few minutes.

Other than that you could play around with drivers and configurations.

Or... get a shiny new sound card.

GBO_Possum
10-10-2010, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by bbinthemaking:
I can't hear voices. For example during the beginning scene I can't hear anyone talking...

It appears to be a common problem... but a answer i have yet to find... please help
I have exactly this problem on my Xbox 360. Anyone have ideas on how to fix it?

KingDaniel0
10-15-2010, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by GBO_Possum:
I have exactly this problem on my Xbox 360. Anyone have ideas on how to fix it?

Please ask your query under the proper Forum Section i.e. Splinter Cell Conviction [Console]. Hopefully you might get an answer there:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/5271091065

Thank you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------