PDA

View Full Version : 1.2 Linear Campaign Problems

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2003, 09:32 PM
Incorrect or blank briefings in both FMB and linear campaign show up after installing 1.2 beta. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?

Thanx for any help
bigchump

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2003, 09:32 PM
Incorrect or blank briefings in both FMB and linear campaign show up after installing 1.2 beta. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?

Thanx for any help
bigchump

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2003, 09:44 PM
Shall I tell him or one of you others?

Ok, I will. Oleg says 1.2b Camapaign version is not correct and isn`t complete. It`s really only to test aircraft/ sounds. So it has bugs, but don`t complain, he says.

All will be well with complete patch 1.2 he says, allegedly.

"Tis better to work towards an Impossible Good, rather than a Possible Evil."

SeaFireLIV.
(Spitfire & Escape Whiner Member).

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2003, 10:17 PM
This is a 134 mission Stalingrad campaign that no longer functions properly. I hope I don't have to fly to Russia to wring somebody's neck for ruining all my work!

Allegedly,
bigchump

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2003, 10:57 PM
bigchump wrote:
- This is a 134 mission Stalingrad campaign that no
- longer functions properly. I hope I don't have to
- fly to Russia to wring somebody's neck for ruining
- all my work!
-
- Allegedly,

OK, bigchump, I try to help. I don`t have to but here`s the proof taken from main page on UBI site:

"Note : This is the Public Beta version of the 1.2 patch. Please make sure to back-up your IL-2 directory and before applying the patch. To install, simply unzip the files to your IL-2 directory."

Notice the words " back-up your IL-2 directory and before applying the patch.`?
and Oleg also said ....

"Note.1 You Dynamic campaign will not work 100% before final release of 1.2 version. "

You have your own self to blame.
Next time, read before you install. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

SeaFireLIV.

Message Edited on 11/13/0310:00PM by SeaFireLIV

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2003, 11:18 PM
Please note that this is not a "dynamic campaign". It is a linear one. If you don't know the difference, then don't post idiotic parrotings. Had the warning included "linear" or "any campaigns", I would not have installed the patch. I did, of course, back up my FB folder, but nobody informed me that I also had to back up the XP registry, which *apparently* contains campaign info. The correct advice would be to FIRST set a system restore point (for XP or 2000), and THEN to back up FB folders.

Annoyed with morons,
bigchump

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2003, 11:23 PM
I have noticed something similar in the coop missions I created using 1.2b and RC. As the host, I do not see the briefing yet pilots who fly the missions report they see the briefings OK.

Mtn.

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2003, 11:37 PM
I never play online, so this is purely guesswork, but I suspect FB uses the registry for some of the campaign information, which of course, would only affect the host machine, and not any players connected to it. None of my ".properties" files are corrupted, they just don't load properly, like they used to up until the "patch" 1.2.

CYA
bigchump

XyZspineZyX
11-14-2003, 12:57 PM
bigchump wrote:
- I never play online, so this is purely guesswork,
- but I suspect FB uses the registry for some of the
- campaign information, which of course, would only
- affect the host machine, and not any players
- connected to it. None of my ".properties" files are
- corrupted, they just don't load properly, like they
- used to up until the "patch" 1.2.
-
- CYA
- bigchump
-
-

No registry settings are used for linear campaigns.

I've been 'messing' around with my campaigns since the patch and have no problems with the briefings...

- None of my ".properties" files are
- corrupted, they just don't load properly, like they
- used to up until the "patch" 1.2.

Are you sure that the name of the ".properties" files match the name of the ".mis" files exactly and that neither use any spaces or odd characters such as commas or full-stops?

Just a thought...

S! Simon.
<center>

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''
Download the USAAF campaign folder here (http://mudmovers.com/Sims/FB/fb_essential_files.htm).

http://extremeone.4t.com/images/ex1_soon.jpg
<font color="#000000">It's my attitude not my aptitude that determines my altitude.</font></center>

XyZspineZyX
11-14-2003, 01:03 PM
If any one`s a moron, Bigchump, it`s you. Remind me not to try to help idiots like you in future.

END.

SeaFireLIV.

XyZspineZyX
11-14-2003, 09:39 PM
Mr. Extreme One hit the nail on the head. Five of my ".properties" files had a space added at the end of the filename, which caused them not to load properly. The first file with the corrupted filename causes the previous briefing to load instead, which added to the confusion. I think what caused the problem was probably my DVD writer software. Because of the size of FB it takes a DVD to back everything up, and I always edit from the backup files then copy them back. So, yes, I am a moron and admit to it.

Thanx again,
bigchump