PDA

View Full Version : Are there any Cyborg EVO profiles for FB outhere?

Atomic_Marten
05-05-2005, 06:37 PM
I'm curious to download one because EVO do not ship with IL-2 profile. Nor there any on the official site, too. Soo.. anybody? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Owlsphone
05-05-2005, 09:18 PM
Check Tully's sig...I've been using the one found in his link and have been very happy with it so far.

Atomic_Marten
05-06-2005, 08:59 AM
That's profile for X45 in Tully's sig. I do not see any other profiles.. I have looked at Airwarfare.com and few other places as well, but no luck.

ImpStarDuece
05-06-2005, 09:37 AM
Hey Marten, how are you finding the EVO?

Glad you finally bit the bullet and went for a 'twisty'. Hope that it works for you.

My Sidewinder is finally dying (I get random 'spikes' from my X and Y axis) so I think that a full HOTAS set-up is the way to go for me.

Now I just have to find something in my price range.

Atomic_Marten
05-06-2005, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by ImpStarDuece:
Hey Marten, how are you finding the EVO?

Glad you finally bit the bullet and went for a 'twisty'. Hope that it works for you.

My Sidewinder is finally dying (I get random 'spikes' from my X and Y axis) so I think that a full HOTAS set-up is the way to go for me.

Now I just have to find something in my price range.

Must say that now I perform much more confidently in gunnery. Of course that being compared to X45. Now I have X45 in shelf and EVO on desk http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif. The only real drawback is lack of elevator trim on joystick. I do not engage much in turnfights, so keyboard can make up for that to certain degree.

The rudder is so much better on EVO.

X45 would be monster joystick (HOTAS) if they have just made rudder control like that on it.

Now I regularly shoot from .50k (like I used to before X45, on my ancient Genius F31) because I can now correct easily my aiming. I am still fairly new to this joystick and I can expect to be little better than I am now. All in all, I have made right decision with EVO.

If you do not want to spend much money buy this stick. It is for sure a good stick and you will notice that it is very very smooth and gentle (compared to X45 that is -- X45 has excellent and precise joystick but is also a little stiff).

However some folks were saying that EVO has nasty habit to decenter itself, so your plane will no longer have straight direction when you do not touch the joystick (apart from torque effect and similar). It drag the plane in one side. About durability I can not tell, but my prediction is that EVOs lifetime will be fair.

Also, a lot of guys in the forum are suggesting CH joysticks and pedals.
If you go from conventional joystick to HOTAS, pedals and stuff, you *must* expect that you will have to spend a lot of time in re-learning to fly. Like I was once I got X45.

Anyway good luck in decision.