PDA

View Full Version : Please help with fresh install of AEP ....

AFJ_Locust
10-27-2004, 06:59 AM
Hey, Im trying to reinstall Il2FB & AEP to My "D" drive. Wich is on its own IDE chanel its a Seagate Baracuda Hard drive.

Now the problem is: Il2FB let me install to the "D" drive no problem at all.

But, Now im trying to Install AEP & it sayes it cant find IL2FB.

I was able to choose a custom directory for IL2FB.

But AEP is not giving me that option to choose the correct directory "IE the harddrive that I want it to install to... the D drive

How can I fix this??? I DO NOT WANT GAMES ON MY C: DRIVE !!!

AFJ_Locust
10-27-2004, 06:59 AM
Hey, Im trying to reinstall Il2FB & AEP to My "D" drive. Wich is on its own IDE chanel its a Seagate Baracuda Hard drive.

Now the problem is: Il2FB let me install to the "D" drive no problem at all.

But, Now im trying to Install AEP & it sayes it cant find IL2FB.

I was able to choose a custom directory for IL2FB.

But AEP is not giving me that option to choose the correct directory "IE the harddrive that I want it to install to... the D drive

How can I fix this??? I DO NOT WANT GAMES ON MY C: DRIVE !!!

Extreme_One
10-27-2004, 07:15 AM
I have a horrible feeling that your only option is to re-install FB and then install AEP.

I have FB+AEP+PF on my D: drive so it can work. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

B16Enk
10-27-2004, 07:55 AM
Could be the registry tweak is required...

Head over to Community Help and check the 'user fixes' thread.

Cajun76
10-27-2004, 07:58 AM
This was a problem for many, including me, but danged if I can remember the workaround. I think B16Enk has it though, registy prob IIRC.

AFJ_Locust
10-27-2004, 08:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Extreme_One:
I have a horrible feeling that your only option is to re-install FB and then install AEP.

I have FB+AEP+PF on my D: drive so it can work. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey i just reinstalled it onto my D drive wich is not a cdrom its a HD.

So your telling me that your AEP gives you the instalation path option ?

Extreme_One
10-27-2004, 08:14 AM
Yes. It worked for me.

Good luck!

AFJ_Locust
10-27-2004, 08:24 AM
Yep this is the problem

I uninstalled fb from my D drive

Rebooted

Reinstalled FB

Rebooted

Try install AEP

NO DICE

Checked language key in registery

NONE set

Thanks to Murdoc for the heads up & the rest of you for pointing me in the right direction THX !!!

LEXX_Luthor
10-27-2004, 08:53 AM
AEP wants FB to be in the default C:\...UBI...blah blah folder...

Intall FB/AEP into C:\...UBI...blah blah

Make new "play" folder D:\FB and copy your FB/AEP to there, then Patch up in D:\FB

Play FB from D:\FB. Create new icon or change FB icon to D:\FB address.

Next time you need to "reinstall" you just copy the never touched C:\...UBI...blah blah to D:\FB again. Never need to reinstall from CD again. A few times I corrupted my FB but all I do is Delete everything in D:\FB and copy all from C:\...UBI...blah blah and Patch up again.