PDA

View Full Version : CampaignMissions=Hard??

Badileus
04-05-2006, 03:23 AM
Hi there,

i am quite new here and hope you can help me:

I´m playing offline, have started several campaigns (on german side) and my impression is, in most of the missions the enemy is hopelessly outnumbered. It becomes a little boring with the time...
This is esp. the case with missions in BoE. I have FB/AEP/PF 4.04, BoE, patched with the update for BoE von Starshoy/Ian Boys (with DGen.exe version 4045 i think).
I tried to make it more difficuilt by putting in the line "CampaignMissions=Hard" in the config.ini, but no difference!

Anyone an idea? Thanks a lot!

La7_brook
04-05-2006, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by Badileus:
Hi there,

I´m playing offline, have started several campaigns (on german side) and my impression is, in most of the missions the enemy is hopelessly outnumbered. It becomes a little boring with the time...
This is esp. the case with missions in BoE. I have FB/AEP/PF 4.04, BoE, patched with the update for BoE von Starshoy/Ian Boys (with DGen.exe version 4045 i think).
I tried to make it more difficuilt by putting in the line "CampaignMissions=Hard" in the config.ini, but no difference!

Anyone an idea? Thanks a lot! u can all so play on line campaigns offline ,just to mult player and then to campaigns now these are alot harder & i think alot better /i played the prokhorovka / the battle of the kursk / this is great wish they made more like it, o and free all part of the game u have now ,i give up on the off line campaigns and played these off line lol

mortoma
04-05-2006, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Badileus:
Hi there,

Anyone an idea? Thanks a lot! Well, I don't think BoE has seperate ops###.dat file scripts for Easy, Hard and Normal. the older easter front campaigns indeed do but not the Pacific front and I really don't think BoE does. I'm not absolutely sure because I don't have BoE. So don't quote me on this stuff. But I know for sure Pacific campaigns have no such benefits, so setting your conf.ini with the Campaignmissions= has no effect on the difficulty of the Pacific campaigns. At least not as far as enemy AI to friendly AI ratio.
The line CampaignAI= is different and raises enemy AI levels by one and lowers friendly AI by one or visa versa. It should work for all campaigns, regardless of theater.

Badileus
04-05-2006, 11:11 AM
Thanks, mortoma, I´ll give it a try.

WTE_Galway
04-05-2006, 04:49 PM
Maybe once the campaign is generated you could edit the files manually and change the type and number of planes avialable to both sides.