PDA

View Full Version : Community Thoughts

GoldenSandstorm
06-21-2019, 08:55 AM
This is mainly geared towards PC but I would love to hear from other systems.

I've come back from a long break due to IRL events, now when I had left off vort was still the newest hero( this is just for context)

I would like to know your thoughts on a few things that as of late i have noticed.

CAUTION: these are all my ideas and thus are not yours just opinions and would like to hear yours in a respected space.

1. I HATE the Kensei rework, honestly, he was my top rep dude till he got tinkered with. I would love to hear your opinion on the matter.

2. I honestly believe with certain character tracking systems being insane (Citing shugo hug, the axe dudes freaking death roll, vorts cross map shield bash) should either be looked at or give some of the other characters that type.

3. Honestly there are some characters that need a slight buff to their style not a full-blown rework, Personally, i see that possibly cent should have his tracking again.

4. I don't feel the game is new player friendly anymore, I jump back in to see few new players in a match, i honestly just see high rep boyos(or girlos) just tear these kids aside. Which you can counter with they will get better with time, but i believe that if they aren't nurtured properly they will just up and leave.

5. Honestly, how do you guys feel about shinobi he's a fun hero to play but i feel he is easily overwhelmed if he uses his dash but someone GB they can insta grab you which is kinda balony to me. His animations as well I feel at times are a bit sluggish to the point where i can see the characters move and easily anticipate what will happen.

These are my current thoughts would love to hear yours.

FuncK_D
06-21-2019, 01:10 PM
4. I don't feel the game is new player friendly anymore, I jump back in to see few new players in a match, i honestly just see high rep boyos(or girlos) just tear these kids aside. Which you can counter with they will get better with time, but i believe that if they aren't nurtured properly they will just up and leave.

As a newer player I'd like the echo point #4. Another aspect to this problem is there is so many vets behind smurf accounts in matches. I see account rep 1 and under rolling over people like a damn fool and you know it's not a noob playing that account.

Firstly, they need to set the option for new players to choose the lvl of bots in duels/domin/breach so they actually do more than just stand there and let you mash heavies at them for PvAI matches. That one simple thing would go a long way for helping a new player see things without making them want to uninstall the game and leave.

Goat_of_Vermund
06-21-2019, 01:57 PM
1. I think it was good when it came out. He needs other buffs now, he is weak.

2. Tracking is fine, but with the slower charged attacks, you have to wait until the end of the attack to dodge.

4. The ingame teaching vids need huge adjustments. We know everything we know from youtube and forums, the ingame barely teaches you to block.

5. I hate shinobi, there is nothing I find fun in him. Maybe excluding the part where you finally chop off their head. He needs a total rework, he doesn't belong to this fighting system.

The_B0G_
06-21-2019, 04:58 PM
1. Kensei rework was pretty good and would still be good if they didn't over buff so many other in the following reworks. He needs balancing again now.

2. I think tracking on some moves is a little too good, like the shugo hug, but I also think that lag has something to do with it, I got guardbroken by a PK a few days ago, she was over 10 feet away. I'm guessing thats more lag than anything else though.

3. So many balances are needed for every character that I won't even begin to comment on whats needed.

4. A month after release the game was hard for beginners, the low player base numbers for PC are definitely adding to this problem. It's hard to match you up with new players when +90% of active players are veterans.

5.I hate shinobi, and have hated him since his release. In my opinion he doesn't belong in the game, ranged attacks in a melee medieval fighting game? Not sure who thought that would be a good idea.

Any time I fight one I usually end up just walking away from his constant kiting, his whole playstyle is centered around being cowardly. Stab, stab, then jump back 15 feet, rinse, repeat. If you get them good a few times they usually run away too. Just annoying.

GoldenSandstorm
06-21-2019, 06:08 PM
These are all so good responses i love how we even had a new player comment on this, i 100% agree with how shin just doesnt 100% fit his ranged attacks are annoying yes but easily like 100% easy to counter.